The Creepy & The Strange

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I do this thing where I'll type a random word into Google to see if the WiFi connection works fine (trying to make it obscure and different each time so I know the auto fill isn't it just from my phone's memory).

The other day I chose 'Ecuador' for no apparent reason. 10 secs later I walked into a room I'd never been in before and there in front of me was a giant map of Ecuador up on the wall. Not a random map of South America with Ecuador included, but specifically a 3m x 2m map of 'Rebublica del Ecuador'. Had I been in Quito then this might not be so weird, but this happened in Aberdeen.

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I do this thing where I'll type a random word into Google to see if the WiFi connection works fine (trying to make it obscure and different each time so I know the auto fill isn't it just from my phone's memory).

The other day I chose 'Ecuador' for no apparent reason. 10 secs later I walked into a room I'd never been in before and there in front of me was a giant map of Ecuador up on the wall. Not a random map of South America with Ecuador included, but specifically a 3m x 2m map of 'Rebublica del Ecuador'. Had I been in Quito then this might not be so weird, but this happened in Aberdeen.

How is the new job at the Ecuadorian Consulate going ?

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I walked through a housing estate near Aberdeen airport when a standard jet came in for landing overhead, usual noise of a 727 jet or whatever, not particularly high over your head, 100m say. That bit's not particularly strange.

However, around 30 secs later I hear this incredibly loud / high pitched noise like a Tornado jet approaching, but without the sound of the burners you'd hear once one had passed, just that sound of the immediate approach. It was as if something was swirling around in the sky just 10m or so above a couple of houses and surrounding trees for about 10 seconds. Yet, there was absolutely nothing to be seen. I appreciate this is a bit of a rubbish description but I've been struggling to put it into words. Basically the sound of a fighter jet swirling about at full speed no more than 20m above your head for 10 secs, but one that doesn't continue flying past you. Utterly bizarre.

It genuinely creeped me out to the point that I was trying to work out if I was in a lucid dream or not. No drugs, no drink, just the usual Friday walk down the road to run Scouts for the night. I'm truly at a loss to explain this. Part of me thought that it might be some remnant noise from the initial plane, but I've lived here for four years, seen / heard hundreds of these things come and go, yet have heard absolutely nothing like this ever before other than being out on the hills when an RAF jet flies straight past you (which is really cool btw). I'm no expert, but I seriously doubt that some KLM flight in from Amsterdam could cause anything like this, which is as large as they get here.

Any P&Bers been flying an invisible military grade jet fighter to circle the top of Greenburn Drive in Aberdeen recently?

This must have been about last year, but me and the Mrs were driving back home from Dorset and it was fairly late, clear sky with a lovely full moon. As we were talking about the moon, and how nice it looked, a black line appeared across it. It was like someone had got a marker pen, and just drew across the moon. We pulled over, and as we got out, another line appeared. Stupidly didn't get a photo of it. Oddest thing I have ever seen. 

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

This must have been about last year, but me and the Mrs were driving back home from Dorset and it was fairly late, clear sky with a lovely full moon. As we were talking about the moon, and how nice it looked, a black line appeared across it. It was like someone had got a marker pen, and just drew across the moon. We pulled over, and as we got out, another line appeared. Stupidly didn't get a photo of it. Oddest thing I have ever seen. 

IMG_7831.GIF

7 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

The sky is a hologram.

Great article in Fortean Times a couple of months ago called The Haunted Generation about the underlying weirdness of TV in the 70s to early 80s. Creepy kids shows, public information films, slightly disturbing music etc. Well worth checking out if you are interested in some edgy nostalgia.

Last week I put a couple of bottles of fizzy water in the fridge. One of them is now empty, with no hole in the bottle, no spillage in the fridge, and most curiously, no broken seal on the lid. I await the inevitable scientific explanation from the P&B dept of physical sciences....

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Last week I put a couple of bottles of fizzy water in the fridge. One of them is now empty, with no hole in the bottle, no spillage in the fridge, and most curiously, no broken seal on the lid. I await the inevitable scientific explanation from the P&B dept of physical sciences....

It done gone away.