The Creepy & The Strange

Few weird things in my house lately. My wife's voice calling my name when she wasn't there, a ball being kicked against a wall when there was no-one to kick it, heard a thump from the empty kitchen and went to investigate to find a loaf of bread had removed itself from the bread bin and was lying in the middle of the kitchen floor about a metre or more away, my wife felt two tugs at her shirt in the kitchen at night when she was alone, various bumps and thumps and often things moved, like doors opened, shoes not where we left them etc.
Even more bizarre given that we have lived here nearly a decade and this only started within recent months.
I'm a total skeptic naturally, but do find I can't explain these things.
Starting to wonder if my infant daughter is linked in some way to it. The night she was born, me, my wife, the midwife and our daughter were all in the labour suite at the hospital, about an hour after she'd arrived, and the hospital bassinet at the other end of the room moved in front of us all of its own accord, rolling very slowly and steadily about a metre and then stopped again. It was on a completely flat vinyl floor, had been sitting there without moving for over an hour previously, and none of us were anywhere near it. The midwife was pretty freaked out. Recounted that tale to my mum days later after the wife and wean were discharged from hospital and she replied "what time was this at?" which struck me as an odd reply. Turns out, she was at home, in bed, awake, at 1am that night and felt someone sit on her bed, she says she instantly believed it was my late step-father and that he was there because he was happy at the baby's arrival. The moving bassinet happened an hour before across the city at midnight.
Hard to pinpoint an exact date on these phenonema, but they've been happening for around 3 to 6 months and my daughter is three months old. Don't know what to make of it, but as a skeptic my natural instinct is to try and find some rational explanataion to it, though I'm admittedly struggling to. My son is nearing four and has recently decided he's afraid of the dark in his bedroom too, despite never having been before. But that could well just be normal 3-4 year old behaviour.
Odd.

Have you ever read Matilda by Roald Dahl?

• 3 months later...

The Woolwich Foot Tunnel Anomaly https://portalsoflondon.com/2017/07/02/the-woolwich-anomaly/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Read before spoiler

Spoiler

Actually I think it is a legit piece of fiction but I didn't know when I first read it.

Edited by invergowrie arab

• 7 months later...

This just freaked me out a bit tbh. Just had a mix using vinyl, picked out two random tunes without planning and mixed one in that had exactly the same sound as the other one. I know there’s lots going on in your subconscious and stuff stored away but to do that from over 20,000 possibilities then to mix it in randomly at the same point is weird as f**k. The sample is constant on one record and only appears twice on the other for two bars. I can’t remember ever mixing them before.

I suppose it’s a bit like saying to someone in a car, hey have you seen so and so and then just passing them in a city the size of London. Will probably get the piss ripped for posting this but it freaked me out. I reckon your brain remembers lots more than can be used why can some things be so vivid or others like knowing two random songs so well not be?

• 2 months later...

This, even to me, sounds stupid and weird.

When I was about 16 I downloaded a Dogg on my phone. Took forever. When it finished, it started to play automatically.

At the exact time on my TV, the very same song started playing on the music channel I had on in the background. Absolutely 100% in sync. Can't mind the song but it freaked me the f**k out.

On 22/09/2017 at 20:50, D.A.F.C said:

5f9a77fda2cb0d9825a58bf159641d04--the-br

That reminds me of an odd experience we had when we moved into our current house in 2015. 

My partner and I were sitting in the living room with the hallway door open. I saw a black dog walk upstairs and at the same time my partner heard dog paws heading from the hallway to the first floor. 

At the time we had two black dogs, one was sitting on the sofa with me but the other was nowhere to be seen. I started shouting the other dogs name as the dogs weren't allowed upstairs back then and I assumed he had tried to sneak upstairs. 

However insead of the missing dog reappearing from upstairs he appeared round the kitchen door (the kitchen was where we kept their bed).

I quite like the idea of a ghost dog haunting our house but there's been nothing odd since then.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sky trumpets are a thing. Have to say I would freak out a bit hearing this at night.

Theres clips from live baseball games which would be hard to fake. 

Edited by Slenderman

12 hours ago, scotfree said:

The noise a Vulcan bomber makes when it hits full power is eerie as f**k. 

One of the most beautiful planes out there. 

At least the brown people get to hear quite a cool noise seconds before they're obliterated from the face of the earth.