$1million Pandas in Edinburgh Zoo

10 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Hopefully sometime soon someone will be able to use a line about Tory mp's and Panda bollocks.

13 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Brexit negotiator Dominic Raab was as useless as an Edinburgh Pandas bollocks?

Might need a bit of work, but a promising start.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Might need a bit of work, but a promising start.

Was torn between "useless" and "useful". On reflection, the second option would probably have worked better.

52 minutes ago, milton75 said:

It's been an amusing disaster from start to finish. I remember when the pandas first came to Scotland - the Scotsman and EEN's comments were filled with excited idiot locals giving it "this is a big day for Edinburgh".

The zoo is pretty gash tbh. There's no reptile house any more, which is annoying as it's one of the few zoo components that  doesn't feel actually cruel, given the laziness of the occupants. The big cats are miserable, and by the time you get to the top of the hill you tend to have gotten bored of peering into scabby deserted boxes, with sullen animals hidden behind whatever foliage they can find.

Absolutely this.  I booked up for the pandas, drove through to Edinburgh, got to the car park and the wee steward says "are you here for the Pandas? Well they're not feeling well today and won't be coming out". They discounted our tickets and let us in but my god I wish I'd just turned straight around. The tigers look like they fancy euthanasia, chimps just lying around with no enthusiasm and a penguin enclosure filled with some of the scabbiest looking penguins you'll ever see.  A really sad and depressing place.

Also with it being on a hill you'd think there'd be something decent at the top to reward you for climbing all that way. But it's just zebras and ostriches. I remember when my gran lived in Corstorphine and we'd take her dog for walks up behind the zebra enclosure. Her dog went mental. Mind you the thing was more or less permanently mental.

Archived