Jump to content
qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

Recommended Posts

 Why have I not received qos agm e-mail as I am registered



You’re the lucky one. It doesn’t make good reading :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

 

 


You’re the lucky one. It doesn’t make good reading :)

 

 

I take it Queens did not make a profit last season.

Not looking forward to the email now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I take it Queens did not make a profit last season.
Not looking forward to the email now 

We're too tight to buy a tub of paint for the graffiti so I doubt we made much if any profit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:


We're too tight to buy a tub of paint for the graffiti so I doubt we made much if any profit.

Need donations for the floodlights as well. 

 

SD are people who are not registered to receive the AGM material, able to view it at a later date once those registered have had opportunity to see it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

SD are people who are not registered to receive the AGM material, able to view it at a later date once those registered have had opportunity to see it? 

Only shareholders receive agm material. If you are not a shareholder you dont get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Only shareholders receive agm material. If you are not a shareholder you dont get it.

Is there anything to prevent shareholders posting it on here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Is there anything to prevent shareholders posting it on here?

Cant physically prevent it obviously. There are several journalists on the shareholder list. I dont doubt all the detail will be in the Standard for Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think it’s really much of a surprise we made a loss the last financial year.
Worrying times but I’m sure the BOD will have plans in place. Just wish more people would come and support us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Is there anything to prevent shareholders posting it on here?

Computer illiteracy :ph34r:

Edited by Stu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Is there anything to prevent shareholders posting it on here?

 

 

giphy (5).gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what’s the toadies view on this, BOD still doing a good job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kirkyblue2 said:

So what’s the toadies view on this, BOD still doing a good job?

Okay! I'll bite!

I'm not a "toadie" - I was shouting "Harkness Must Go!" before I was out of short trousers.

I'm also not a shareholder - So I don't know how good - OR BAD  - the Annual Results are.

But I think - as a fan only - that the BoD are probably doing the best they can in extremely difficult circumstances.  

It seems to me that the BoD have tried a lot of avenues to boost the revenue stream - some of which have worked, and some have failed. 

(Was it the 80's Nostalgia concert which was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales? - If so - those kind of concerts are very popular in the more civilised part of the world in which I live!).

If I was a local businessman with a few bob to spare, and the interests of my local football team (which I loved) at heart - what more would I do, that the current BoD haven't done? I honestly can't think of anything.

Happy to continue this dialogue if you can articulate  specific actions that you think the current BoD can take, to improve the financial prospects of the club.  

  

   

  

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, billy_gordons_beard said:

 

 

 

Happy to continue this dialogue if you can articulate  specific actions that you think the current BoD can take, to improve the financial prospects of the club.  

  

   

  

 

 

 

 

Resign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Resign.

If you think the current BoD Resigning would help improve the financial prospects of the club, then how would a new BoD make things any better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billy_gordons_beard said:

 

It seems to me that the BoD have tried a lot of avenues to boost the revenue stream - some of which have worked, and some have failed. 

(Was it the 80's Nostalgia concert which was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales? - If so - those kind of concerts are very popular in the more civilised part of the world in which I live!)

 

Gosh, where's that?

What can we peasants learn from you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, billy_gordons_beard said:

Okay! I'll bite!

I'm not a "toadie" - I was shouting "Harkness Must Go!" before I was out of short trousers.

I'm also not a shareholder - So I don't know how good - OR BAD  - the Annual Results are.

But I think - as a fan only - that the BoD are probably doing the best they can in extremely difficult circumstances.  

It seems to me that the BoD have tried a lot of avenues to boost the revenue stream - some of which have worked, and some have failed. 

(Was it the 80's Nostalgia concert which was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales? - If so - those kind of concerts are very popular in the more civilised part of the world in which I live!).  

   

  

 

 

 

 

I remember remarking at the time that it looked like a decent support bill in need of a headliner. I don’t think the poor sales were down to the peculiarities of the local market. That bill would have struggled to sell tickets anywhere. 

Edited by Frankie S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Frankie S said:

I remember remarking at the time that it looked like a decent support bill in need of a headliner. I don’t think the poor sales were down to the peculiarities of the local market. That bill would have struggled to sell tickets anywhere. 

I was quite verbal regarding the second concert at the time so won't say too much now. Suffice to say that the whole 80s thing seemed like a real niche market that was never going to draw a huge crowd. What's important, I guess, is that lessons were learned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Resign.

How would that help if any member of the board resigned. 

Dumfries does not seem to want a good full time football club.

Only thing Queens can do now is make the 1200 odd home fans pay more next season .

If me I would put it up to £20 for a adult a big jump from £16  but I am sure the 1200  odd fans s just now would pay that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How would that help if any member of the board resigned. 
Dumfries does not seem to want a good full time football club.
Only thing Queens can do now is make the 1200 odd home fans pay more next season .
If me I would put it up to £20 for a adult a big jump from £16  but I am sure the 1200  odd fans s just now would pay that.


Shut up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×