qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

Skyline Drifter    1,338
6 minutes ago, happysouth said:

I've tried googling it but when do we enter the Scottish cup this season. And what date will that be?

3rd round. Dont have a fixture list to hand but mid November.

19QOS19    2,285

18th I see. Hopefully a home game. The next time I'll get to Palmerston is November 25th :-(

Bairnardo    5,625
18th I see. Hopefully a home game. The next time I'll get to Palmerston is November 25th :-(

You deserve that for watching masterchef when the Champions League is on tbh

19QOS19    2,285

You deserve that for watching masterchef when the Champions League is on tbh

I'm at work. We don't have the luxury of Sky TV. Though I've just discovered we get BT Showcase and I could have been watching the City game!

Bairnardo    5,625

I'm at work. We don't have the luxury of Sky TV. Though I've just discovered we get BT Showcase and I could have been watching the City game!

Then I stand by my statement

19QOS19    2,285

Then I stand by my statement

Well that's not fair. I wasn't aware of this until the 80th minute ya harsh b*****d!

Monkey Tennis    5,623

I would watch almost anything rather than watch the meaningless farce that is the Champions' League.

Hawk    104
8 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I would watch almost anything rather than watch the meaningless farce that is the Champions' League.

It was quite entertaining on Tuesday night.

Scosha    563

Where's best to park near Palmerston on Saturday? Can't see any mention of a car park on the website. 

13 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Where's best to park near Palmerston on Saturday? Can't see any mention of a car park on the website. 

Arena cafe car park next to ground,  opposite side from away fans seating though.  Retail park about 5 mins walk away,  some street parking,  Ice Bowl parking behind East Stand where away fans sit, so parking near the ground isn't a problem depending on how quick you want away. 

AND IT'S ALL FREE

Queens must definitely be the cheapest away day facilities wise in the Championship.  Hopefully our generosity doesn't extend onto the pitch. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Mr X    1,416
14 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Its mentioned in "Getting Here" and the "First Time Fan Guide"

Flash    797

Think there is a 3 hour maximum in the retail park, which is ok if you're not making a day of it.

Eta if you zoom in on the satellite image on google maps, you can see where the various car parks are. The Ice Bowl one is smaller than before because there is a temporary swimming pool there, so probably best to get there early if you want to use that one.

Edited by Flash

Skyline Drifter    1,338
1 hour ago, Flash said:

Think there is a 3 hour maximum in the retail park, which is ok if you're not making a day of it.

Yeah, this. They will send parking invoices if you overstay. Three hours isn't an awful lot of latitude really though probably ok if you arrive after 2pm and leave right after the match.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, this. They will send parking invoices if you overstay. Three hours isn't an awful lot of latitude really though probably ok if you arrive after 2pm and leave right after the match.

Replied to this in the match thread so won't repeat it here but basically there is plenty of free unrestricted parking in the vicinity. 

JessieField    91

At least Derek Lyle scored today and is now comfortably in third place of the all time scorers. Only another 6 goals needed to move into second place now.

JessieField    91

Nothing to do with Queens I suppose but I never thought I'd live to see the day when police with machine-guns were outside the ground. 

Flash    797
16 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Nothing to do with Queens I suppose but I never thought I'd live to see the day when police with machine-guns were outside the ground. 

Cannae be too careful with those Morton fans. Some of them had cartons of Ribena.

QosLoyal    93

Big game next week now. Would take a point if offered. No reason why we cant get a win though although i reckon the caley game will provide a better chance for it. Important we dont implode and go a few games without a win.

I see Andy Thompson now got a role as asst to the Scottish Womens team. Hard to believe he's nearly 50!!

2 hours ago, JessieField said:

Were the "Young Team"  due to return or was someone spotted with a Lidl shopping bag?