The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:
It never ceases to amaze me how many experts there are from our support and opposing supports who know all about how much Dobbie earns and how it is funded. 

Dont know about everyone else but we know cos Houstie told us all at an AGM mind

Houstie also told you he had built a team to win promotion. How did that work out for him? ;)

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Heard it many times from various folk that Dobbie is the best paid player in the Championship .

Okay he is a great player but can we afford to pay him top wages.

Does most of Queens  budget go on Dobbie wages 

Even if true, he's worth it. 

One area already this season where we are behind other clubs is telling our fans what is happening in the build up to the new season. Have we started pre season? I hope so. Are we still training in Hamilton? What about an update from the Manager ? Perhaps even the odd photo of the team training. Keeping loyal fans on board with information from the club is important particularly when we see what is happening at other clubs.

2 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

One area already this season where we are behind other clubs is telling our fans what is happening in the build up to the new season. Have we started pre season? I hope so. Are we still training in Hamilton? What about an update from the Manager ? Perhaps even the odd photo of the team training. Keeping loyal fans on board with information from the club is important particularly when we see what is happening at other clubs.

We train in the Central belt which apparently makes taking photographs a problem.  How other clubs manage it is a mystery.  With such little activity on the signing front,  which I understand and expected at this stage,  you would think the club would be looking for something,  however minor,  to put on the OS to keep fans interested and keep it topical.  

So I had a look at the squad list for the season ahead as it currently stands. Who expects what from the youth of the team? I hoping Leighfield, Fergusson and Bell continue to get minutes on the park and stepping up when injuries start to affect the squad. However are we expecting Gourlay and Tremble etc to play this season or go out on loan to the likes of Annan or Gretna. Thoughts anyone?

It never ceases to amaze me how many experts there are from our support and opposing supports who know all about how much Dobbie earns and how it is funded. 

You love it really SD however you could easily put all the speculation to bed by informing us mere mortals how much he really earns and how it is funded [emoji51]

12 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

So I had a look at the squad list for the season ahead as it currently stands. Who expects what from the youth of the team? I hoping Leighfield, Fergusson and Bell continue to get minutes on the park and stepping up when injuries start to affect the squad. However are we expecting Gourlay and Tremble etc to play this season or go out on loan to the likes of Annan or Gretna. Thoughts anyone?

I fully expect Connor Murray to become a first team regular. In fact, I think he's a ready made replacement for Joe Thomson if he can bulk up a bit.

I suppose there is a case to be made that he was a first team regular last season.

There is a player in there somewhere but I don't think he's even remotely close to being as influential as Thomson. I have to say that the best I've seen him play was through the middle though that was for the 20s.