The Queen of the South thread

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
12 hours ago, JessieField said:
I think Queens are hanging on to see what becomes available in the loan market.

" 'What' becomes available"? Are we that hard up that our next signing might not even be a who? Mind you, a wheelbarrow in the middle of the park would probably be as effective as Rankin was.

And the wheel fell off after 3 games .

19 hours ago, weeredbook said:

Aye you get a keeper like that once in a blue moon .All these "legends" .He is without doubt one of the all time greats, to grace the shirt.

Made saves you thought were easy cos he made it look easy  ,if only we had  the coverage you see now .

Great goalie .

Allan Ball really was a great goalie and a really nice guy as well .

Played snooker with him the story's he had about his football career really he could write a book great guy .

Not been keeping well hopefully his health will improve .

10 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

We have Cammy Ballantyne training with us .

Young full back who was at Montrose on loan from Dundee Utd last season .

Very highly rated at  Montrose but a huge step up to the Championship.

Was hoping for more than Ballantyne.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wasn't he mentioned weeks ago? I assumed we weren't interested as nothing came of it.

Presumably GN wants to have a look at him in training before making any decision.  I thought he looked good against us last season but TBH we made a lot of very average players look good against us last season.

Presumably GN wants to have a look at him in training before making any decision.  I thought he looked good against us last season but TBH we made a lot of very average players look good against us last season.
Very true. I remember the hammering Livi gave us at Palmerston..

No idea who that is. I assume it's the boy who was at Carlisle? Looking on that page underneath his own strengths he says "winning the ball back for the team" which would suggest he's a holding midfielder?

No idea who that is. I assume it's the boy who was at Carlisle? Looking on that page underneath his own strengths he says "winning the ball back for the team" which would suggest he's a holding midfielder?

Think he’s more for the 20’s

8 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Did you guys play Montrose last season? He only played 45 for United, which was against Brechin.

5 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Did you guys play Montrose last season? He only played 45 for United, which was against Brechin.

We played Montrose 3 times last season. Beat them 3-1 after ET in Irn Bru Cup.

Then beat them in 2-1 Scottish Cup Replay after a 0-0 draw at Montrose.

Ballantyne played in all 3 games. I didn`t see the Irn Bru game but he did well in the 2 Scottish Cup ties.

52 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

Now were talking . Playing against men ,learning good habits .

Can’t imagine the reserve league will have much of a different feel to the Development League of the last few years.

Will mostly be the young players with the odd older player coming back from injury. 

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

We played Montrose 3 times last season. Beat them 3-1 after ET in Irn Bru Cup.

Then beat them in 2-1 Scottish Cup Replay after a 0-0 draw at Montrose.

Ballantyne played in all 3 games. I didn`t see the Irn Bru game but he did well in the 2 Scottish Cup ties.

There you go then.