The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
On 15/06/2018 at 09:05, Skyline Drifter said:
Morton away to start, Morton home and away on Tuesdays.
Ayr at home between Xmas and New Year. A wee 5th January trip to Inverness will be much appreciated I'm sure! Other trips to the Highlands are 8th December and 27th April for County and 29th September for the other Inverness one.
And Falkirk get to be our Centenary opponents on 23rd March.

Centenary eh.... Been some journey for you boys.

Indeed. Sadly a big chunk of the "journey" in my 50 years of watching has been on the vehicle below with not a single season in the top league which is pretty shameful when you think of some of the teams who have played top flight in that time. We have had a few highlights in more recent times though.

Image result for seaside bus

15 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

All my troubles seemed so far away.

Now it looks as if they're here to stay.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Pfft, if you're going down that route at least do a decent song. You should have said

"There was so many things I was never told"

B)

Just ignore him DD, it's a generation thing.

Allan Ball now there is a legend. GREAT keeper .

You never spoke truer words - what a brilliant keeper. He was also an English Schoolboy International outfield player.

Without a shadow of doubt for me our best keeper in the last 50 years by miles. Could and should have played at the very top level.

17 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

You never spoke truer words - what a brilliant keeper. He was also an English Schoolboy International outfield player.

Without a shadow of doubt for me our best keeper in the last 50 years by miles. Could and should have played at the very top level.

Great guy too. Top man.

30 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Aye you get a keeper like that once in a blue moon .All these "legends" .He is without doubt one of the all time greats, to grace the shirt.

Made saves you thought were easy cos he made it look easy  ,if only we had  the coverage you see now .

Great goalie .

Edited by weeredbook

I think Queens are hanging on to see what becomes available in the loan market.
" 'What' becomes available"? Are we that hard up that our next signing might not even be a who? Mind you, a wheelbarrow in the middle of the park would probably be as effective as Rankin was.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, JessieField said:

" 'What' becomes available"? Are we that hard up that our next signing might not even be a who? Mind you, a wheelbarrow in the middle of the park would probably be as effective as Rankin was.

Does every signing have to be a "who"? 

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 hours ago, JessieField said:

Of course, I use the word "what" in the sense that we're probably looking for central/full back defenders. Who they are is anybody's guess.