The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Another DAFC Match-Day Programme article, another ex-QoS player...

This interview was with Lee Robinson, where he discusses his time in Dumfries amongst other things. 

For anyone interested, you can read the interview, here.

"I have played the same way since I was 12 – I enjoy catching crosses, which I would say is my best attribute"

11 hours ago, weeredbook said:

if that's an indication of the standard  we are after, its not looking good .

That is the standard we can afford I am sure we would like better but that costs money something we don't have a lot of  .

Are Queens back in for pre season training yet ?  We might  have a few trialists in then last summer we had McFadden that worked out well !!!

That is the standard we can afford I am sure we would like better but that costs money something we don't have a lot of  .
Are Queens back in for pre season training yet ?  We might  have a few trialists in then last summer we had McFadden that worked out well !!!

You’re like a broken record Jack

Morton away to start, Morton home and away on Tuesdays.

Ayr at home between Xmas and New Year. A wee 5th January trip to Inverness will be much appreciated I'm sure! Other trips to the Highlands are 8th December and 27th April for County and 29th September for the other Inverness one.

And Falkirk get to be our Centenary opponents on 23rd March.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And Falkirk get to be our Centenary opponents on 23rd March.

Our Saturday away game in Dumfries has been a traditional full weekend jaunt for a number of years now; as that game is particularly special for you chaps, it would be nice to make a proper acknowledgement of the occasion . 

Both teams in 100-year-old-style strips, knickerbocker shorts and all. Flat caps, big rosettes and wooden rattles on the terrace.  At the end of a thrilling 3-3 draw, all assembled retire to The Globe Inn for pie and a pint. 

Is it worth considering reduced prices for the centenary game against Falkirk to create a good atmosphere?  Could do with some inventive ideas and Dennistoun Bairn's ideas sound pretty good to me!  Although I believe we still carry wooden rattles around from time to time!  And 100 year old prices for food and drink at the Globe!

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Our Saturday away game in Dumfries has been a traditional full weekend jaunt for a number of years now; as that game is particularly special for you chaps, it would be nice to make a proper acknowledgement of the occasion . 

Both teams in 100-year-old-style strips, knickerbocker shorts and all. Flat caps, big rosettes and wooden rattles on the terrace.  At the end of a thrilling 3-3 draw, all assembled retire to The Globe Inn for pie and a pint. 

Would be better if the fans did something different from normal, though.

Guest Flash
4 hours ago, billyqos said:

when will the Irn Bru draw be made? Thought it would have come out with the league dates.............................

Tuesday 26 June for Irn Bru draw.

1 minute ago, QosLoyal said:

Shite that Joe Thomson has ended up at Dunfermline. And big Durnan. 2 players i had hoped we could somehow get.

Possibly Joe Thomson would have been a more realistic target than Durnan considering he seemed to enjoy his two loan spells here and that could have given us an edge.  Not to be though and good luck to both of them. 

This really shows the ambition Queens have .

Joe Thomson had to be our top target this summer .

Okay Dunfermline pay more but surely for this one player we could have matched what Dunfermline are paying him  we all no what he can do .

Okay Dunfermline pay more but surely for this one player we could have matched what Dunfermline are paying him  we all no what he can do .

Assuming we're going with a middle 4, who would you drop between Harkins and Jacobs?

Harkins is a far more creative player than Thomson and we've lacked such creativity for years. So he has to be a starter. Jacobs isn't the greatest at distribution but is a good enough DM. As he was already signed I don't think it would be advisable to break the bank for another CM when we have two who are capable in their respective roles.. I expect Bell will play a bigger role this season and will take less of a wage.

I'm not gutted we haven't got Thomson as I never expected him to re-sign. I'm gutted that he'll be lining up against us.

28 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Who do you drop to play Thomson, Harkins or Jacobs.  Or do you play all three and play Dobbie on his own up front?  Or play Thomson out wide where he is less effective?

I'd have loved for him to have signed, I thought he was a great player for us but I'm not surprised he hasn't and he certainly shouldn't have been our top target.  That is clearly defenders.

Obviously it's disappointing that he has signed for a divisional rival, but that was always likely the case as he will be untested and unheard of in the top division.

[/Not being able to compete wage wise in no way shows a lack of ambition. Other factors like playing in front of bigger crowds in a better stadium and possibly a better geographical location may have affected hi decision .