The Queen of the South thread

It’s fairly trivial I agree, they do the job of announcing the signing yes which is fine. I just think it shows how far we are behind in terms of social media, as every other teams no long getting pictures or news up. But that comes with the current financial state of the club.

In a very important season for the club it’s important they push everything on social media, id love the club to bite the bullet and employ someone to do that side of it but I know it’s unlikely, think it would pay itself in the end up. It’s working positively for likes of Motherwell etc.

21 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

It’s fairly trivial I agree, they do the job of announcing the signing yes which is fine. I just think it shows how far we are behind in terms of social media, as every other teams no long getting pictures or news up. But that comes with the current financial state of the club.

Dont think its anything to do with finances and everything to do with geography. Like I said before, generally new signings dont come to Palmerston to sign. Ross County have signed a couple recently without any photos, almost certainly for the same reason, and they arent short of cash.

Dont think its anything to do with finances and everything to do with geography. Like I said before, generally new signings dont come to Palmerston to sign. Ross County have signed a couple recently without any photos, almost certainly for the same reason, and they arent short of cash.

Certainly had pictures of Lindsay and McManus

52 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

In a very important season for the club it’s important they push everything on social media, id love the club to bite the bullet and employ someone to do that side of it but I know it’s unlikely, think it would pay itself in the end up. It’s working positively for likes of Motherwell etc.

Is that in the remit for the SLO.

IMG_1528358026.421604.jpg

20 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I wouldn't think so.  The SLO aren't employed by the club AFAIK but I'm sure they do try and promote the Club by various means but are essentially go-betweens between the fans and Board. (That's my take on it anyway). 

As I said in an earlier post we used to have a Press Officer but I've no idea if we still do.  That position would surely include using all available media to inform the fans and promote the Club. 

8 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I wouldn't think so.  The SLO aren't employed by the club AFAIK but I'm sure they do try and promote the Club by various means but are essentially go-betweens between the fans and Board. (That's my take on it anyway). 

As I said in an earlier post we used to have a Press Officer but I've no idea if we still do.  That position would surely include using all available media to inform the fans and promote the Club. 

Sandra Brown is the media officer. The signings of Todd and Harkins were released to the press through her. I dont see any great issue with our prompt announcements of signings, they just tend, under Naysmith anyway, not to be accompanied by photos. And thats because they are largely done at some convenient meeting place in Central Scotland and not locally.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Sandra Brown is the media officer. The signings of Todd and Harkins were released to the press through her. I dont see any great issue with our prompt announcements of signings, they just tend, under Naysmith anyway, not to be accompanied by photos. And thats because they are largely done at some convenient meeting place in Central Scotland and not locally.

So cameras don't work in central Scotland then?  

1 hour ago, NM_1919 said:

This. PR at the club isnt going to change until someone comes in to take on a PR/social media role, whether thats a volunteer, employee or member of the board.

This isnt a new issue though

1 hour ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

The SLOs did agree to take on the social media accounts, in the absence of anyone else, but they also have their own which seem to be more active. As Fae the briggs said, the SLOs have a huge role in promoting the club but, personally, I dont think they should bear responsibility for PR at the club or the running of the social media accounts.

3 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

Couple of examples of good PR from other clubs yesterday

IMG_1528347341.903488.jpg

Why's he getting signed in his nan's dining room?

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Why's he getting signed in his nan's dining room?

Maybe because they wanted a picture with a trophy cabinet in the background that had some items of value in it. 

Guest Flash
1 minute ago, JessieField said:

Anybody know when next season's League fixtures are announced? Also the Irn-Bru Cup (if that's what it's called)?

Fixtures are out Friday 15 June. Don’t know about Diddy Cup draw - according to the Scotsman a couple of days ago, the draw date would be announced following dicussions between the SPFL and the sponsors.