The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

An article which touts Jim Goodwin handing out a full-time contract?

Someone should tell the Sun we're part time.

Its badly written but I presumed it meant permanent rather than loan and wasnt really referring to the club's status.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its badly written but I presumed it meant permanent rather than loan and wasnt really referring to the club's status.

That's how I took it too but clumsy journalism like that makes me thing its more just for the headline clicks than any solid evidence.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Anyone been to the Club Shop recently? Do they have much stock left? Would really like one of the pink goalie outfits for my daughter (6yo) if they had that size.

5 hours ago, Swarley said:

Anyone been to the Club Shop recently? Do they have much stock left? Would really like one of the pink goalie outfits for my daughter (6yo) if they had that size.

Standing in the shop now so checked for you. They still have pink gk outfits in XS, XXS and XXXS. My 8 yr old wears XXS so you probably want XXXS but it will depend how big she is obviously.

Great result for Queens Livi going up ..

Now should get a decent away support from Thistle surely at least double what Livi would bring  

It just shows that you can do it on  a small budget Livi budget is just smaller than ours even there home support us less than ours 

Get the right manager and you can do anything

Partick will easily bring 300 away fans Livi be lucky if they had 100 fans at Palmy so all good for Queens .

On the football side Partick and Dundee UTD have to be fav to win the league going to be very difficult to get into the too 4 next season but look at Livi  back in August would never have thought they would go up 

17 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Great result for Queens Livi going up ..

Now should get a decent away support from Thistle surely at least double what Livi would bring  

Odd approach, being happier about having less chance of league success because there'll be more opposition fans at your stadium.

Partick will easily bring 300 away fans Livi be lucky if they had 100 fans at Palmy so all good for Queens .
On the football side Partick and Dundee UTD have to be fav to win the league going to be very difficult to get into the too 4 next season but look at Livi  back in August would never have thought they would go up 
Got to laugh at the attendance chat. How many do we take to livingston away?

Hopefully my odd approach will mean that Naysmith should have a bigger budget .Two home games v Livi be lucky to get 2500 Two homes games with Partick we should  get close to 5000 .

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Odd approach, being happier about having less chance of league success because there'll be more opposition fans at your stadium.

Just now, Northfield 53 said:

Hopefully my odd approach will mean that Naysmith should have a bigger budget .Two home games v Livi be lucky to get 2500 Two homes games with Partick we should  get close to 5000 .

Dont bet on Thistle bringing lots of fans, they didn't in the top flight,

It’s all ifs and buts at this stage, but had Livi stayed down and kept Hopkin I think they would be in a strong place for another promotion push again next season.

Partick on the other hand will likely be replacing their manager, and most of their squad. The examples of ICT, Dundee Utd and St Mirren in their first season down after relegation don’t exactly indicate that Partick will do particularly well.

I’m very pleased with todays outcome. Four new teams in the league will freshen it up nicely, Partick is a better away day than Livi, and they will undoubtedly bring more supporters to Dumfries which equals more income and a better atmosphere. I’m also keen to make amends for our cup exit to Thistle this season. We really should have got something from that one.

I’m also made up for Livi. It’s a great story and a lesson to all clubs at this level of what can be achieved with hard work and everyone pulling in the same direction.

I’m also made up that I won’t (barring cup draws) have to watch them next season!

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

5000 against Partick at Palmerston? No chance.