Dundee United Weaker
Dunfermline Same
ICT Weaker
QOS
Morton Stronger
Falkirk Stronger
Ayr / Dumbarton Stronger
Brechin / Alloa Stronger

Yeah SD you’re right it probably is a Stronger league next season...

1 hour ago, BIGdavieT said:

Actually I thought the same as you but there were a few references to Ayr being a “part time team with one or two full timers” on sportsound the other night.

We are full time. 

1 hour ago, BIGdavieT said:

St Mirren / Ross County Stronger
Livingston Weaker
Dundee United Weaker
Dunfermline Same
ICT Weaker
QOS
Morton Stronger
Falkirk Stronger
Ayr / Dumbarton Stronger
Brechin / Alloa Stronger

Yeah SD you’re right it probably is a Stronger league next season...

Why would Livi, if they stay down, be weaker? And why would ICT be weaker and Dunfermline the same? 

7 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

Why would Livi, if they stay down, be weaker? And why would ICT be weaker and Dunfermline the same? 

Expect Livi to lose 2-4 of their better players and possibly their manager.

I fancy Inverness to be right up there next season. Should be stronger.

1 hour ago, QosLoyal said:
13 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

I fancy Inverness to be right up there next season. Should be stronger.

So do I. They had a great end to the season and if they keep most their players and bring in a couple I reckon they'll start the season like they finished this one. 

I'll be really surprised if Falkirk don't improve. And I don't think Alloa will be  a pushover. 

18 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

I would expect them to lose one or two players of the better players and would be surprised if they could maintain this season's form into next.

(I would be delighted for them if they win the playoff final.)

I just bought my season ticket.

I didn't have one last year and I would probably have preferred a different manager in place but I still think the club deserves as much support as we can give them. 

Despite my reservations GN will also have my full support at least for the start of the season! He has recruited well so far but then again recruitment has always been one of his stronger skills...

21 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There is only one part time team (Alloa, who are unlikely to have a Brechin season). With Falkirk unlikely to be a car crash this time and either Thistle replacing Livi or Livi staying down on the back of big prize money there is a good argument its a stronger league.

I think you could argue that 8 teams will be at least gunning for at least play offs

I wouldnt write off Ayr fully as I have appeared to, realistically they will be focusing on anything above 8th

There is also usually a team that has a car crash season within the league, I am sure the money will be on Morton

Mark Durnan leaves Dundee United...now whether he could be tempted back to Queens depends a lot on what our wage structure will be for the forthcoming season. 

I thought he would do better at Tannadice than he has done. He really does some silly things especially when he is "last man" - if he could cut out the stupidity and just accept that you can't win every ball he would be huge asset.

Notwithstanding what I have said I would have him back in a heartbeat because overall he was a big asset for us when alongside Dowie and Higgins.

Not sure if budget can stretch this far but his aerial presence would help us at both ends of the pitch. If we could somehow get him back we would have the foundations of a very promising squad indeed.

2 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:

I just bought my season ticket.

I didn't have one last year and I would probably have preferred a different manager in place but I still think the club deserves as much support as we can give them. 

Despite my reservations GN will also have my full support at least for the start of the season! He has recruited well so far but then again recruitment has always been one of his stronger skills...

Nice to see a post with positivity. Hope the season ahead rewards you. 

So far i am happy with the recruitment made i look forward to our next signing. Durnan would be a decent signing and think he would come back stronger and better than when he left us. He in a poor utd team this season but i think in our team with fordyce next to him that would be a decent partnership. 

4 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:

He has recruited well so far but then again recruitment has always been one of his stronger skills...

I wouldn't go as far as that tbh.  Let's consider some he has brought in. 

Rankin: poor imo. The phrase "headless chicken" applies perfectly.  Got a 2 year deal which was about 18 months too long. 

Mercer, another 2 year signing.   Potential bombscare,   started off a regular then spent a vast chunk of time bench warming.  Has put in a couple of good performances towards the end of the season though so hopefully improving,  depending on severity of his injury. 

Rooney: probably brought in to replace the out-of-favour Mercer.  Unfortunately proved poor at defending but made some exciting rampaging runs forward. 

Martin: Adequate keeper unfortunately plagued by injury.  Good if he stays fit. 

Stirling: should have been a regular but became a bit-part player.  Given a 2 year contract but loaned out to Dumbarton midway through his first season. Probably won't be in Naysmith's plans next season. 

Cameron (loan): didn't feature too much but looked a bit shaky at times. 

Beerman: probably signed as cover but hardly made enough appearances to really form an opinion. Looked like a bit of a wasted signing imo. 

Successful signings were imo Fordyce,  Kerr(loan) Kane (loan)  after a slow start,   Thomson(loan)  Thomas (loan) Todd (loan, now signed) 

Harkins (just signed)  potential cracking signing but judgement withheld until I actually see if he lives up to expectations. 

I've probably missed a couple but my point is that Naysmith's recruitment has been just as much miss as hit and most of the successes were loans 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs