The Queen of the South thread

9 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Even then, I don't really get what he's on about.

Any negative vibe, is pretty minor and was not in place at all, until a series of really miserable performances took shape.

I'm coming to sit with you next season! 

Where I am in the new stand has to be filled with the most negative, depressing, cantankerous people I have ever come across, and this pre-dates Gary Naysmith by about 20 years.  The terracing isn't much better the odd time I find myself watching the game from there.

Obviously we aren't at "raiding the player of the year night with pyro" levels of hatred towards our team quite yet, but I'm shocked anyone thinks our supporters are anything but negative.  I remember commenting to my Dad during a home game against Brechin in which we were 2-0 up early in the first half, that if I had turned up late and guessed the score based on the comments around me I would have suspected we were 2-0 down.

The poor home form this season has only added to this of course, but as I say it's been a problem for long before now.

6 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Where I am in the new stand has to be filled with the most negative, depressing, cantankerous people I have ever come across, and this pre-dates Gary Naysmith by about 20 years.  The terracing isn't much better the odd time I find myself watching the game from there.

Obviously we aren't at "raiding the player of the year night with pyro" levels of hatred towards our team quite yet, but I'm shocked anyone thinks our supporters are anything but negative.  I remember commenting to my Dad during a home game against Brechin in which we were 2-0 up early in the first half, that if I had turned up late and guessed the score based on the comments around me I would have suspected we were 2-0 down.

The poor home form this season has only added to this of course, but as I say it's been a problem for long before now.

Fair enough.

I sit in the main stand and get no real sense of that at all.

The most vigorous reactions seem to be reserved for when the ref correctly deems something not to have been a pass back.

O/T but do you sit anywhere near the "you're a bloody disgrace [insert player name/referee/linesman]!" guy? I've noticed he shouts this to someone at every single game [emoji38]

48 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Fair enough.

The most vigorous reactions seem to be reserved for when the ref correctly deems something not to have been a pass back.

I sit in the main stand and get exactly the same sense as Cammy. 

54 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

O/T but do you sit anywhere near the "you're a bloody disgrace [insert player name/referee/linesman]!" guy? I've noticed he shouts this to someone at every single game emoji38.png

To be honest that could be any number of people around me.  In no particular order the most common victims of abuse seem to be; the referee, the assistant referee, John Rankin, Lyndon Dykes, and random opposition players.

Strangely they take pride in knowing the referee's name and giving him personal abuse "you're a disgrace McLean" (presumably they buy a programme for this reason), but the abuse aimed at the opposition is always along the lines of "you're a bloody disgrace number 5".  Reading the name from their shirt is obviously beyond them.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Fair enough.

There are certain individuals sitting directly behind the dug outs who are not slow to get on the backs of certain players (particularly Dykes and Murray) and the manager himself. I know you're in the next section over and I know it's not massive group moaning, but I'm surprised you can't hear it.

1 hour ago, Qos88 said:

Allan Martin had successful surgery on a hand injury and should be back in ten weeks for the start of the league cup campaign.

Very good, I thought he had a leg injury too? 

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There are certain individuals sitting directly behind the dug outs who are not slow to get on the backs of certain players (particularly Dykes and Murray) and the manager himself. I know you're in the next section over and I know it's not massive group moaning, but I'm surprised you can't hear it.

Ok, the consensus seems to be that I'm deaf.

However, it might just be that due to my natural disposition, I have a greater negativity threshold than you lot. 

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 22:28, Skyline Drifter said:

The names are only on the home one. Its a special bespoke fabric. The others are made with standard fabric albeit the 2nd one is designed to match the KOSB kit.

Anyone know when the new kit is usually available in the shop? 

If there's 1700 names on it I'm guessing there will be a queue....

Martin showed in the recent win up at Morton that he is a more than competent keeper,  and that was pre-op  on his hand injury.  If he can steer clear of other injuries I think we will see more evidence of the man who came highly regarded from Dumbarton. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Martin showed in the recent win up at Morton that he is a more than competent keeper,  and that was pre-op  on his hand injury.  If he can steer clear of other injuries I think we will see more evidence of the man who came highly regarded from Dumbarton. 

He's an excellent keeper when fit according to dumbarton boys

Edited by Besty