The Queen of the South thread

I would hope,  despite recent events,  that Jim Thomson's service and achievements during his playing career with Queens isn't going to be air-brushed from the history books.  It would be a bit petty if every reference to him was removed. 

Indeed. I watched the semi-final highlights the other week again, and seeing him after the game just made me angry again at the way he's been treated.

Just now, kleinfaethetoon said:

Just heard Naismith talking about our negative home support again on the radio !! When is this man going to learn positivity. Somebody at the club really needs to have a word in his shell !!

He really needs to learn .

Just heard Naismith talking about our negative home support again on the radio !! When is this man going to learn positivity. Somebody at the club really needs to have a word in his shell !!

The supporters attitude matches his style of play.

The only negativity I really detect in the home crowd is evident only in its sparseness.

I honestly don't get what else he sees or hears, that leads him to criticise.  We're hardly the most militant bunch and he must in his career have encountered much more noisily disaffected support bases.  

It's baffling, as well as ill advised.

The only negativity I really detect in the home crowd is evident only in its sparseness.
I honestly don't get what else he sees or hears, that leads him to criticise.  We're hardly the most militant bunch and he must in his career have encountered much more noisily disaffected support bases.  
It's baffling, as well as ill advised.

My comment was pretty tongue-in-cheek and I'd tend to agree with you. I sit next to the away fans and believe me some of the abuse dished out to their own players go way beyond negativity. Even at away games I find our supporters very beige if anything. We grumble and can give a "Boo!" at half-time but overall I don't think we're an intimidating support for visitors or our own players.

Given how awful our crowds are just now and the price is being put up to £18 next season, I think it would be wise he kept those daft comments to himself before he completely isolates himself from the remaining support.

Stop bloody moaning then

Indeed. I watched the semi-final highlights the other week again, and seeing him after the game just made me angry again at the way he's been treated.

You don’t honesty think for one minute he’s completely innocent do you ?

1 hour ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

Also saying how he is enjoying it at Queens, and has good working relationship with the chairman, who let's him get on with his job, bringing in the players he wants etc. I Hope the chairman releases extra funds to up the quality of the team next season... 

I heard it and that wasn’t my take on it . He mentioned that the players sometimes got the negative vibes and that might have affected them at home . That’s probably the truth , he certainly wasn’t being overly negative but do t let the truth get in the way though .

16 minutes ago, ChopperD said:

I heard it and that wasn’t my take on it . He mentioned that the players sometimes got the negative vibes and that might have affected them at home . That’s probably the truth , he certainly wasn’t being overly negative but do t let the truth get in the way though .

Even then, I don't really get what he's on about.

Any negative vibe, is pretty minor and was not in place at all, until a series of really miserable performances took shape.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

JT New manager of kilsyth Rangers 

Good luck to JT  in his new post.

Pity his new club can`t spell his name properly. 

X7dM55Ap_bigger.jpgKilsyth Rangers @blueloon67
FollowFollow @blueloon67
More

The club are delighted to announce the new co management team of Jim Thompson and Kevin Mcgoldrick. Both Jim and Kevin have a wealth of experience in the game. They will take over next season.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Just saw a speculative mention on Twitter that we're interested in Jordan Marshall. I see he couldn't agree terms with Queens and is moving on per the article on the QoS website.

We're almost certainly looking for a left back/LWB as Tait's a right back being played out of position and Frear is a winger being played out of position.

What's the story with Marshall?

Just saw a speculative mention on Twitter that we're interested in Jordan Marshall. I see he couldn't agree terms with Queens and is moving on per the article on the QoS website.

We're almost certainly looking for a left back/LWB as Tait's a right back being played out of position and Frear is a winger being played out of position.

What's the story with Marshall?

What team do you support?

Just saw Frear and Tait so I assume the answer is Motherwell. He's not up to that level but I'm one of the few who doesn't highly rate Marshall so I expect many will disagree.

If you've seen much of Holt for Dundee, he was at us and was a far better player. With the correct coaching he may manage the step up but at his current level I wouldn't be overly excited with him signing.