The Queen of the South thread

16 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

Would like to see Rory Loy - him and Dobbs together would be interesting. He doesn’t seem wanted at Falkirk

I'll gladly drive him to Dumfries.  He's on about a grand+ a week which looking at him he spends on pies.

1 hour ago, coo shedder said:

Marshall is ok but not great. Think that this is his level though he is young and might kick on! Not in the same league as Kevin Holt who will surely be freed by Dundee. Interesting to see where he’ll end up.

Holt has started the last few Dundee games so wouldn`t think it is certain he`ll be released.

Next seasons sqaud currently looks like this: 

Alan Martin (GK)

Jack Leighfield (GK)

Scott Mercer (RB/LB)

Calum Fordyce (RB/CB)

Darren Brownlie (CB)

Kyle Jacobs (CM)

Andy Stirling (RM/LM)

Lyndon Dykes (ST/LM)

Stephen Dobbie (ST)

judging by that we need:

LB

RB

[preferbaly one of the two being able to fill in at CB]

RM

CM

CM

CM

[Owen Bell would likely take one of these postions]

LM

ST

ST

[i will assume that Ross Fergusson will fill one of these positions]

Assuming we get Fergusson and Bell signed  up, it leave so us needing 7 new players in ideal circumstances. Would take Joe Thomson, Josh Todd and Dom Thomas in an absolute heartbeat, but can’t see Todd being able to leave. Kevin Holt is a potential LB that could play CB, however would imagine Dundee will keep him, regardless of whether they come down or not. 

8 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Next seasons sqaud currently looks like this: 

Alan Martin (GK)

Jack Leighfield (GK)

Scott Mercer (RB/LB)

Calum Fordyce (RB/CB)

Darren Brownlie (CB)

Kyle Jacobs (CM)

Andy Stirling (RM/LM)

Lyndon Dykes (ST/LM)

Stephen Dobbie (ST)

judging by that we need:

LB

RB

[preferbaly one of the two being able to fill in at CB]

RM

CM

CM

CM

[Owen Bell would likely take one of these postions]

LM

ST

ST

[i will assume that Ross Fergusson will fill one of these positions]

Assuming we get Fergusson and Bell signed  up, it leave so us needing 7 new players in ideal circumstances. Would take Joe Thomson, Josh Todd and Dom Thomas in an absolute heartbeat, but can’t see Todd being able to leave. Kevin Holt is a potential LB that could play CB, however would imagine Dundee will keep him, regardless of whether they come down or not. 

Connor Murray? 

26 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Connor Murray? 

Completely slipped my mind, like Fergusson and Bell, I’d imagine he’ll be signed up, has a lot of potential. Don’t think he’s ready for a regular starting birth yet, and can’t see Stirling being a regular. God forbid Lyndon plays LM, as he’s 100x (if not more) better up top, as proven in his last 5 games. Connor’s probably got next season to make the position his own, if not struggle to see him staying beyond next.

Not sure what I make of this season. On the face of it 6th seems not bad, but aside from the top 2 you have to feel 3rd to 7th were pretty close and we’ve shown we can compete (equal best away form) but have really struggled at home. It been a bit papered over though by our recent run when the season was effectively over. I tend to get to more away games than home as I’m not Dumfries based so haven’t had the worst of things I suspect.
Seems very likely Naysmith will stay for next year now. Really hoping he’s learned from year 1 and can turn us into a consistent playoff contender.

13 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He is out of contract at Celtic in the summer.

Thomson has to be our top target this pre season.

Thomas has 2 years to go at Killie so maybe can get him back on loan .

Todd is out of contract at St Mirren so he is available over to you Gary Naysmith 

2 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Thomson has to be our top target this pre season.

Thomas has 2 years to go at Killie so maybe can get him back on loan .

Todd is out of contract at St Mirren so he is available over to you Gary Naysmith 

Yes just read his contracf is not being renewed, along with 13 other saints players...

1 hour ago, TeeMan said:

@Skyline Drifter any chance of an updated top scorers list? ;):)

Info is on my home computer. I'll add it later. Lyle finishes up still in 3rd though on 117 goals. Dobbie is 5th on 108 goals. He needs 13 more next season to take outright 2nd spot on the all time list. He'll surely manage that if he avoids serious injury.