The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Just hope that it has not cost Queens a lot of money to pay JT off .Suppose it was a gamble to try and win the case would have thought Queens had a good chance of winning  but just could not take the risk  of losing .

What’s the ins and outs of the case then Kavanagh QC?

Just hope that it has not cost Queens a lot of money to pay JT off .Suppose it was a gamble to try and win the case would have thought Queens had a good chance of winning  but just could not take the risk  of losing .

Queens didn’t follow protocol and obviously knew they were on a hiding to nothing had the unfair dismissal case went to court.

By agreeing an out of court settlement Queens were saved the embarrassment of airing their dirty laundry in public.

I’m my view JT deserves every penny........Had it been you or me in the same position, regardless of the employer, we would be deserved of compensation.

Lesson learned for Harkness and Doreen......sorry I mean Hewitson and Co!!

14 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Queens didn’t follow protocol and obviously knew they were on a hiding to nothing had the unfair dismissal case went to court.

By agreeing an out of court settlement Queens were saved the embarrassment of airing their dirty laundry in public.

I’m my view JT deserves every penny........Had it been you or me in the same position, regardless of the employer, we would be deserved of compensation.

Lesson learned for Harkness and Doreen......sorry I mean Hewitson and Co!!

Quality .

Well it's the "Annual Shirt Draw" tonight in what is going to be our centenary year and I am looking forward to knowing who is going to get their name on the front of our shirts for next season.  I can't remember how many tickets are usually sold, but there will be a lot more interest for next season's top because it is a very special one indeed.  Will "big" Jim Thomson's departure from the club make much difference to sales? Hopefully the new marketing team have been contacting companies outwith our area in the hope of drumming up more interest. I'm almost certain that there will be a record number of entrants and I'm going to stick my neck out and say 300  minimum. Does anyone on here work for a company that have entered the draw? Good luck to everybody and lets hope Queens make a mint tonight! 

There will be nowhere near 300 entries. The record is 210 the season that we had just beaten Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup semi final the week before the draw. Last year's total was 165, which was in itself the 4th highest total ever. I doubt it will be that much different to last year.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

43 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There will be nowhere near 300 entries. The record is 210 the season that we had just beaten Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup semi final the week before the draw. Last year's total was 165, which was in itself the 3rd highest total ever. I doubt it will be that much different to last year.

Thanks for the update Skyline, I suppose I was being a wee bit too optimistic! Hopefully it will be closer to 200 entrants this time then. 

There will be nowhere near 300 entries. The record is 210 the season that we had just beaten Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup semi final the week before the draw. Last year's total was 165, which was in itself the 3rd highest total ever. I doubt it will be that much different to last year.

The record is 213 for season 2008/09

2 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

The record is 213 for season 2008/09

The record is 210 for season 2008/09 according to my records. As I said the draw was in April 2008 immediately after we'd qualified for the Scottish Cup Final by beating Aberdeen.

Actually last year was the 4th highest though, not the 3rd. I missed a 196 from the previous year.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Shirt Sponsorship draw 29th May 2008

There was a record entry of 213 for the annual Shirt Sponsorship Draw held at Palmerston Social Club tonight. Winners were that long established Dumfries butchers firm, J. B. Houston who will have their name emblazoned on Queens' shirts next season. Runners up, who will have their name on the shorts were a Dalbeattie company, European Forests Ltd

3 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

There was a record entry of 213 for the annual Shirt Sponsorship Draw held at Palmerston Social Club tonight. Winners were that long established Dumfries butchers firm, J. B. Houston who will have their name emblazoned on Queens' shirts next season. Runners up, who will have their name on the shorts were a Dalbeattie company, European Forests Ltd

Brilliant .

29 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

I'm not responsible for the press releases. It's sometimes very confusing with last minute entries and people not realising that someone walking in five minutes before the draw with a cheque was already in the numbers as they'd been in contact before. We had 210 pay that year.

I’ve moaned for years about having dull away kits so I’m pleased we’ve went all out on the centennary this year. The difference in quality between the macron and Jomas is ridiculous. Quite curious to see how the sky blue effort comes out as well.

9 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

I’ve moaned for years about having dull away kits so I’m pleased we’ve went all out on the centennary this year. The difference in quality between the macron and Jomas is ridiculous. Quite curious to see how the sky blue effort comes out as well.

Image below but the lighting wasnt great. Its more blue and less grey than it looks in the photo.

20180426_195240.jpg

34 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

173 entries.

New kits below.

QOS-CENTENARY KITS X-FRAME.jpg

Yet another horrible away strip.Possibly worse than last years golfing abomination?Home kit...hmmm.Will wait to see the finished article,initially thoughts are that it's not the greatest design.Edit....I actually like the new tops in that they're unique with one short sleeve and a long one.....brilliant!!!

Edited by Arsene Parcelly