The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, Qos88 said:

So lyle isn't packing it in at the end of the season just hope he don't come back to punish us next season.

Where you hearing this? Lyle has regressed with age a fair bit this season but would still do a job in league 1/2. Templeman and MacDonald still score a fair few and are even older

36 minutes ago, football maniac said:

Where you hearing this? Lyle has regressed with age a fair bit this season but would still do a job in league 1/2. Templeman and MacDonald still score a fair few and are even older

He's quoted on the back of the Standard today saying he'd intended to retire with us but now thinks he'll go somewhere else for another year.

Let's hope we sign him up then !

Probably would with a different Manager at the helm.

It's just nonsense that  ' he's done' .

I always thought he would continue as he is still fit and smart  enough to pla y regularly.

He has been disgracefully under utilised this season by Naysmith, he is the one that should be going - hopefully still time for that to happen.

If not staying with us , my money  would be joining up with Beany at Dumbarton.

Wherever he is all the best to him.

I always thought he would continue as he is still fit and smart  enough to pla y regularly.
He has been disgracefully under utilised this season by Naysmith, he is the one that should be going - hopefully still time for that to happen.

Deary me

1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Miller and Lyle up top in a retirement blow out for us :D 

16 hours ago, louisxiv said:

I’d keep Lyle as an impact sub. 

12 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

Can't be an impact sub if you don't get put on. 

The reality is that at his stage of career Del wants to start games. He needs to drop down a level to achieve that.  Fantastic servant for us but if he stayed on he won`t, and IMHO shouldn`t, be starting at this level.   Good luck to the guy. I suspect he`ll end up in League 1 and do well there.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

12 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The reality is that at his stage of career Del wants to start games. He needs to drop down a level to achieve that.  Fantastic servant for us but if he stayed on he won`t, and IMHO shouldn`t, be starting at this level.   Good luck to the guy. I suspect he`ll end up in League 1 and do well there.

This is probably bang on, right enough. 

Derek Lyle is leaving at the right time what a player he has been for us but all good things come to a end  

Rankin surely will leaving as well but the rest I would try and keep most are young players who would hopefully get better with the experience they have had this season .

The loan signing somehow we have to try and get Joe Thomson back but  that will be difficult as even if he leaves Celtic he will probably go to another S P L .side Would take Thomas back as well but he has another 2 years left at Killie so that could only be a loan again .

If Todd becomes available then I would try to sign him but that will depend on what we are doing with Stirling who has another year to go on his contract .Dan Carmichael is he worth the risk looks like he is out with injury again is it best to release him looks like he will never really be fit again 

Well I don't know what you lot have been whinging about all season. Yesterday was excellent, tremendous performance from the off. Full of energy, moving the ball around well, getting it forward quickly and creating loads of chances. That third goal, oooft!

3 hours ago, Swarley said:

Well I don't know what you lot have been whinging about all season. Yesterday was excellent, tremendous performance from the off. Full of energy, moving the ball around well, getting it forward quickly and creating loads of chances. That third goal, oooft!

:lol:

3 hours ago, Swarley said:

The only problem is that we have waited about 8  month for a home performance like that still all good things come to those who wait !!!

Really glad for you that you made your visit for that home game. The sun even shone like an Ozzie winter! All the best.

All the best for Derek Lyle. Maybe see him in a Dumbarton strip next season.
At least yesterday cheered me up enough to make me plan to renew the season ticket. I just hope our home form is more like yesterday’s.

Lyndon Dykes is running into form, Mercer had a great game by being proactive and making things happen. Showed aggression. Loved it when he got booked!
Midfield was ours for once, especially in the first half. Impressed with the team’s work rate and attitude, so I’ll also give the management team credit for that too.

Very frustrating yesterday that the side showed they were capable yet left it until it meant nothing. Hopefully Thomson can be signed for next season as him and Jacobs look like they could do a turn in the middle. I hope I've seen the last of Rankin. No surprise we were far better without him. We still failed to mark the tallest player on the park at crosses (the donkey) but thankfully the ball rarely went to him, and when it did he ballsed it up. As a unit we defended well and a cross or set-piece looked the only way Utd would get through us.

I suspect we've seen the last of Thomas in a QoS jersey. When he was subbed, his exit looked like a farewell. I hope the guy finds some sort of form for Killie next year. A great player to watch when he gets going.

I was pleased the majority of folk around me stood up to welcome Lyle onto the park. I've seen on several occasions that section sit on it's arse when we score so I wasn't expecting them to stand for Lyle. I fully expect him to join Dumbarton if Russell is still there. He'll do a job at the level below so it may depend how Dumbarton get on in the play-offs.

No failures yesterday but I still expect and hope for some major changes in the summer. 2 up front and no Rankin is a good basis to start.

Murray's goal :wub:

5 hours ago, Swarley said:

You’re officially the new mascot so you need to stay here.

It’s clear from the crowds that I’m not the only one who feels it’s too little too late. The team has underperformed all season and it’s pretty clear poor tactics have been at least part of that. It’s a case of whether you feel Naysmith is finally getting it right so good news for next season or Naysmith finally got lucky and might get kept on anyway. It’s all a bit meh for me.