The Queen of the South thread

Just seen Alan Martin has replied to the Craig Barr thing on Twitter saying he totally agrees and that he's been waiting for an operation since October and only getting it next week on NHS. Dunno if that's already been mentioned or not.

Explains his lack of games and why he looked so unfit.

Doesn't show us in a great light at all but if there's no money in the game at this level what can you do. Difficult one. Hopefully his op goes well and he can get back to fitness and the standards set at Dumbarton.

Guest TOPFITTER
  Sports Key Sports Sports Plus Sports Elite
Monthly Premium* £37.96 £66.81 £91.11 £97.18
In-patient Benefits        
Hospital & Surgeon Fees        
Diagnostic Tests & Scans        
Physiotherapy                                                                                            
Treatment for Cancer x x    
Out-patient Benefits        
Pre & Post Admission Consultations        
Post Admission Diagnostic Test & Scans        
Physiotherapy & Complementary Medicine x x x  
Out-patient Procedures        
Other Benefits        
NHS Cash Benefit        
Health & Wellbeing Services/Stress Counselling Helpline        
GP Advice Line 24 hours a day        
Home Nursing x x x  
Monthly Premium* £37.96 £66.81 £91.11 £97.18
  Apply Apply Apply Apply

This is only a summary of the benefits available. For more details and key facts please

Monthly premiums for a Scottish League 2 Player.

So if you are paying a player £250 a week, the best cover (for treatment only) would be about an extra 10% a week on their wages or out of their pocket. on a squad of 20 at that pay level that's 2 players wages.

Food for thought !

I hope not, when we play Dobbie and Lyndon together as we did Saturday we seem to play on front foot. Wasn’t there Saturday but from highlights they seemed to link up well, hopefully something we can do more often next season.

I'm not knocking Dykes, but I think you could replace him with any other striker we have and your point wouldn't change.

I'm not knocking Dykes, but I think you could replace him with any other striker we have and your point wouldn't change.

Derek Lyle? Nah he’s done, todorov to slow. Lyndon linked up well and stretches the game. Give the lad some credit

53 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

Derek Lyle? Nah he’s done, todorov to slow. Lyndon linked up well and stretches the game. Give the lad some credit

Fergusson has had some good link up play from what I seen. For next season I would like to see dobbie supported by dykes and fergusson. Maybe a loan signing like we had with kane for first half the season. 

3 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Fergusson has had some good link up play from what I seen. For next season I would like to see dobbie supported by dykes and fergusson. Maybe a loan signing like we had with kane for first half the season. 

I agree we'll probably need a striker in on loan. But I hope we stay well clear of the amount of loan signings we've had lately. For me it just upsets the team, especially when so many come in in January. 

I'd say it's harsh to say he's done. He's not sharp now because he's rarely featured. Todorov hasn't exactly had a chance either.

The point is we are far better with two up front regardless of who partners Dobbie. Dobbs up front alone isn't any good because it's not even close to his kind of game.

Ex-International defender as Manager,  hasn't signed a half decent right back during his tenure,   can't coach his defence to defend and doesn't play a system to get the best out of the best player in the Championship. Otherwise he's doing fine. 

I agree with Mr 19QOS19.  Dykes just doesn't cut it, not aggressive enough.  He has a turn of speed, that's his major contribution, but as for jumping, passing or controlling the ball......

Or shooting.....

Fergusson looks a better prospect, IMHO.