The Queen of the South thread

Hi, don't often post , but do enjoy reading all your comments. Just to say I don't live in Dumfries so am possibly just 'out of the loop', but there seems to be a fair bit of animosity toward the BOD in general and the chairman in particular. I this down to on field product being poor? Or there other factors that I'm not aware of?  Cheers.

You're well aware Billy. GTF thanks :)

I do live in Dumfries, but I'm pretty baffled by much of it too.

Obviously, there's been some fallout regarding Jim Thomson and his former wife which has apparently played out on Facebook.  I've not seen the relevant postings myself though and people on here have been warned from going anywhere near the subject.    

There's other stuff cryptically hinted at on here about ill feeling towards Hewitson, that is claimed to keep lots of potential fans away.  I honestly haven't a clue what that's based on though.

There is clearly some discontent, but I suspect its fairly high current profile owes a lot to how rubbish we've been on the field of late.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Thanks for the answers, it seems I'm not the only one 'not in the loop'. I'm a season ticket holder so know about our on field problems, just some of the comments on here made me wonder. Certainly wouldn't want anyone getting into bother for posting more than they should.

Worryingly having listened to a couple of GN's recent post match interviews he has made a point of talking about budget availability for next season. I think if he had any doubt about his future with Queens he would have surely skirted round this question.

Must admit I still hope that there is a buy out deal to be done but doesn't look likely from the way he has been talking.

I've just returned from a "Boardroom" meeting and happened  talk about the Queens sponsorship raffle towards the end of this month. I told them about the centenary year celebrations at the club and of the benefits that we as a company could receive if we  won one of the top prizes. However alas, we couldn't find anything about it on the Queens Official website. I was probably panicking because it is always difficult to get everybody together at the same time and for that reason couldn't see it. Is it just me or is it really that hard to find?

Edited by Bluenortherner

I've just returned from a "Boardroom" meeting and happened  talk about the Queens sponsorship raffle towards the end of this month. I told them about the centenary year celebrations at the club and of the benefits that we as a company could receive if we  won one of the top prizes. However alas, we couldn't find anything about it on the Queens Official website. I was probably panicking because it is always difficult to get everybody together at the same time and for that reason couldn't see it. Is it just me or is it really that hard to find?

Do you mean shirt sponsorship draw?
Here’s link from commercial on official site.
http://www.qosfc.com/shirt-draw

It’s just you

http://www.qosfc.com/shirt-draw

With Lyndon Dykes scoring the winner today has he helped his possible transfer to Hearts or any other team who may be sniffing around? Has that transfer talk actually died down because I haven't seen anything new lately, but a strong finish to his campaign may help seal himself a move away. FWIW I would probably like to see him stay another year as he does put in the effort and I have seen flashes of a decent player in him. More goals to his game would be good, but I understand this season as he has been shifted from position to position all season.