The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:

Like you said it’s probably a youth player? Many in the first team? I’m not a Livi expert...

Livi budget is similar to Dunbarton budget and they are part time .

Livi do pay a average of  £200 -£300 a week.

Only Lee Millar is  under contract at Livi next season he along with Alexander will be on decent money the rest as above 

The players realise if they do well at Livi then they will get a move to a bigger club on decent money 

On 4/7/2018 at 21:59, kirkyblue2 said:

Apart from Dobbie who else in our squad would get a game for any other full time championship club?

Would like Thompson the centre midfielder, no one else would interest me. 

Then again Robinson would never have interested me and he's great. 

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

A full time footballer in this division won't be making £200. That's probably less than minimum wage.

Surely if they are only in for about 15? Hours then 200 is plausible? 

They're posting profits on tiny crowds, it stands to reason that they have tiny wages. 

8 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Livi budget is similar to Dunbarton budget and they are part time .

Livi do pay a average of  £200 -£300 a week.

Only Lee Millar is  under contract at Livi next season he along with Alexander will be on decent money the rest as above 

The players realise if they do well at Livi then they will get a move to a bigger club on decent money 

Whats your source......

Apologies if this actually covered on the Official site but I can't see it! Is the Club Shop now in the Arena? And what are its opening hours?

Its 8 years since I was last at Palmerston so I'm really looking forward to seeing if the moss on the old Grandstand is ready to harvest yet...

Guest Flash
7 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Apologies if this actually covered on the Official site but I can't see it! Is the Club Shop now in the Arena? And what are its opening hours?

Its 8 years since I was last at Palmerston so I'm really looking forward to seeing if the moss on the old Grandstand is ready to harvest yet...

Shop is in the Arena. Opening times on link.

http://www.qosfc.com/contact

In today's Sun they have a story about Chris Doig who is assistant manager at Shrewsbury would someone like him do a better job .

There’s absolutely no chance Chris Doig would even consider the Queens job. He’s very well thought of as Paul Hurst’s number 2 at Shrewsbury and they’re in the hunt for automatic promotion to the championship.

In today's Sun they have a story about Chris Doig who is assistant manager at Shrewsbury would someone like him do a better job .

There’s absolutely no chance Chris Doig would even consider the Queens job. He’s very well thought of as Paul Hurst’s number 2 at Shrewsbury and they’re in the hunt for automatic promotion to the championship.

22 hours ago, coo shedder said:

Not in the first team squad!

think there will besome players who have played first team games this season on less than £200 a week

20 hours ago, weeredbook said:

The young ones will  be on about £10  (on their contract) .

shocking isnt it. 

Hi, don't often post , but do enjoy reading all your comments. Just to say I don't live in Dumfries so am possibly just 'out of the loop', but there seems to be a fair bit of animosity toward the BOD in general and the chairman in particular. I this down to on field product being poor? Or there other factors that I'm not aware of?  Cheers.

5 minutes ago, nimian said:

Hi, don't often post , but do enjoy reading all your comments. Just to say I don't live in Dumfries so am possibly just 'out of the loop', but there seems to be a fair bit of animosity toward the BOD in general and the chairman in particular. I this down to on field product being poor? Or there other factors that I'm not aware of?  Cheers.

On-field entertainment has been awful under Naismith, but if the 'other factors' were to be detailed then I'm sure P&B's lawyers would develop a cold sweat... 

Like you I don’t live in dumfries anymore and have absolutely no idea what’s going on with the BOD !!