The Queen of the South thread

Game against Livi had all the good and bad about Queens .

Scored 3 good goals but the reason we won't get in the playoffs is our very poor defending .

We need to sign a good experienced center half someone who can organise the defence .

We have a very young back 4  which does not help Jack in goals but I  suppose experience costs money something Queens don't have .

16 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Game against Livi had all the good and bad about Queens .

Scored 3 good goals but the reason we won't get in the playoffs is our very poor defending .

We need to sign a good experienced center half someone who can organise the defence .

We have a very young back 4  which does not help Jack in goals but I  suppose experience costs money something Queens don't have .

As I mentioned on an other thread we had a very young team starting yesterday goalie 20, defence 21,25,21,21, midfield 22,21,26,23 forwards 22,35. It would be good if we could keep all these players together.

45 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

As I mentioned on an other thread we had a very young team starting yesterday goalie 20, defence 21,25,21,21, midfield 22,21,26,23 forwards 22,35. It would be good if we could keep all these players together.

All of them?

Did not realise our defence have conceded 45 goals.

Only Brechin have conceded more .

You look at the likes  of Morton who have conceded 28 that is why they will  make the playoffs  you must build a team from the back  . 

I suppose we have lost our 1st choice keeper for a long time who has really been injured for most of the season but still not good enough  

As for next season we can't really build a team with so many loan signing so going to be another difficult close season for Naysmith trying to get players in with such a small budget. 

Edited by Northfield 53

I take it Josh Todd had a quiet game yesterday , no mentions and subbed ?

Thought he did ok in the first, in spells. Everyone was awful in the second and I think he got subbed because he looked tired.

At HT yesterday my mate commented on how we are only decent for one half a game. I thought I'd have a look to see if there was something in that.

In the first half at HOME this season:-

GF: 15
GA: 8

W: 6
D: 7
L: 2

25 'points'.

Second half at HOME:-

GF: 6
GA: 14

W: 1
D: 8
L: 6

11 'points'.

First half AWAY:-

GF: 10
GA: 13

W: 3
D: 5
L: 6

14 'points'

Second half AWAY:

GF: 16
GA: 10

W: 7
D: 5

26 'points'.

Had a look at the final results depending on our HT score as well:-

HOME

Results after Leading HT (6 times):-

W: 4
D: 2
L: 0

Losing HT (2 times):-

W: 0
D: 0

Drawing HT (7 times):-

D: 4
L: 3

AWAY

Leading HT (4 times):-

W: 4
D: 0
L: 0

Losing HT (6 times):-

D: 2
L: 4

Drawing HT (5 times):-

W: 3
D: 1
L: 1

The first lot of stats could be scrutinised to a certain degree but overall what it shows to me is the following:-

- If we could play the first half of games like we do at home and the second half of games like we do away we'd be a decent force.

- We have failed to be beaten whenever we've been leading at HT both home and away.

- At home, unless we are winning at HT we won't win the game.

- If we are losing at HT you're as well going home as we won't win, though have picked up 2 points away from home after being in that position.

- We're in with a shout of points away from home if we're drawing. 10 points picked up. Only 4 from the same position at home.

- We score the fewest goals in the second half of games at Home and score the most goals in the second half away from home.

We really are the definition of inconsistant.

6 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

So Queens Starting 11 yesterday had an average age of 23.....

Edited by NOTS

4 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

I think he's only got 2 goals and 1 assist in 8 games. Like I said though, crap.

Won the game at Dumbarton for us. Impresses some of the time, but drifts out other times. There is a good player in there somewhere.....

Hes so much better on the right is Thomas. Hes very hot or cold. One extreme or the other. Todd looked good in phases on saturday. Linked up brilliantly for the 2nd goal and has a good delivery on him. Our main problem is our central defence and midfield. Our inability to defend free kicks is woeful. Every time a ball is put in our box it causes utter panic and we really should in hindsight have kept Dowie. I criticise him alot but Brownlie is probably our best defender. Cameron has looked pretty woeful so far tbh