The Queen of the South thread

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Going by Saturday the players have lost interest in this season so I can't see the fans keeping their enthusiasm. If this season was a computer game I'd have quit and started next season already.

I'm optimistic but at the same time feet are on the ground. I think we finish 5th or 6th unless thingslike our style of play, formation and squad selection change. I haven't lost hope of the playoffs but it's certainly fading. 

Is it just me or has this thread gone MAD?!

I think that's what you get when you have these big single club threads. I much preferred the old days where each wee topic is a thread as it came up, and more fans of other clubs would contribute to the discussion as well.

It was also a lot easier to keep up with what was happening across the other clubs then as well.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I think that's what you get when you have these big single club threads. I much preferred the old days where each wee topic is a thread as it came up, and more fans of other clubs would contribute to the discussion as well.

It was also a lot easier to keep up with what was happening across the other clubs then as well.

It is indeed a cumbersome way of doing things. I generally prefer the layout on the Mad site with the wee individual threads. 

Going by Saturday the players have lost interest in this season so I can't see the fans keeping their enthusiasm. If this season was a computer game I'd have quit and started next season already.

I have to agree that the players and Management show very little outward enthusiasm and desire to try and achieve a play off position. Dobbie is one of the few who looks as though he cares enough to try and really make it happen. I am not saying that players are not trying but they just don't display that grit and desire to turn draws into wins in the same way that Livvy and Morton do.

I also think that GN falls into the same category as many other Scottish managers ............if we keep things tight and only lose by the odd goal at worst nobody can say that things are a shambles. It is hard to imagine anything of note being achieved with this attitude.

If the game opens up there is a risk that a hammering ensues. McInnes is a classic example of this in his excursions v Celtic. Instead of actually trying to win the game he tries to ensure that the margin of defeat is kept respectable. That way he lives to fight another day but 10 consecutive defeats when you are supposedly the second or third force in Scottish football takes a bit of explaining.

2 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

You have obviously attended before.  

Naysmith quite rightly got a hard time tonight at the A G.M.  

Going to be a another huge loss this season somehow we have to get more fans in next season .

Our average home gate is 1400 odd it has to improve or things will have to change .

Naysmith quite rightly got a hard time tonight at the A G.M.  
Going to be a another huge loss this season somehow we have to get more fans in next season .
Our average home gate is 1400 odd it has to improve or things will have to change .

I take it you gave him a hard time or did you just sit there and say absolutely nothing ?

By the way I heard some of the comments made to the manager were cringeworthy

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No game tonight, but at least we've got Falkirk at home on Saturday to look forward to.

That's what the sign on Lochfield Road says anyway.

Ahhh sign watch. We meet again old friend.

+1 here for the juicy/cringey comments directed Naysmith's way

On 28/02/2018 at 08:47, The Caul Back said:

Thought this thread would be full of AGM gossip, it's very quiet on the subject,

Appart from Naysmith getting a hard time.

I wasn't there so can't comment but maybe those that did attend think the BoD aren't doing such a bad or questionable job as some supporters think they are under the present financial circumstances. 

Maybe that's why there is no gossip.  Are you looking for any type of gossip,  good or bad,   from the AGM or just stuff where BoD and Management are being grilled.  

IIRC the only topic from last year's AGM that received wide coverage was the issue of the Fans Rep on the Board,  other than that I don't think we got much other gossip from that one either,  so why should this one be different.