The Queen of the South thread

He says the fans should boo him. How will he know when the fans are booing him and not the players? Is he going to give us a signal?

Is he sure the fans were actually saying Boo? Some fans might have been saying Booourns.

Both teams yesterday contributed to an awful game...and it was just that, awful. But like many I don't like to see some sections of the crowd giving the younger players a hard time. Connor and Lyndon tried their hardest but it just wasn't coming off for them, but they'll learn. The game was crying out for a fit Derek Lyle.

I didn't boo,and never have 
But just because Murray is young doesn't mean it's acceptable to cross the ball out the park about 10 times and not receive stick
It became extremely frustrating 

Every time the boy got the ball it would have constantly been on his mind so of course at a young age he's going to struggling playing in front of a crowd who are so hard to please.

3 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Every time the boy got the ball it would have constantly been on his mind so of course at a young age he's going to struggling playing in front of a crowd who are so hard to please.

It wasn't like he came out to a chorus of boos

After about the 3rd time of kicking it out the pitch in a dangerous area people got frustrated and rightly so,he had a shocker

Dykes on the other hand I've been impressed with recently,I like him

Rankin and Jacobs were both poor.Marshall being my MOTM yesterday 

It wasn't like he came out to a chorus of boos
After about the 3rd time of kicking it out the pitch in a dangerous area people got frustrated and rightly so,he had a shocker
Dykes on the other hand I've been impressed with recently,I like him
Rankin and Jacobs were both poor.Marshall being my MOTM yesterday 

When his crossing was poor did you see any of our players go up to him and speak to him? Obviously i dont know but would ne nice to know the boy got a wee bit of encouragement. Even him hearing boos at any stage of the game when he got the ball would have got to him.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

See this booing.

Did anyone who was actually present at the match notice it?

I didn't.  Not even a wee bit.  There was grumbling, some of which I was responsible for myself, but no booing that I  was aware of. 

Even the grumbling was bloody mild, especially in the context of what we were being treated to.  

It's ironic that a boo boy debate has started, even though there was precious little evidence of an issue, beyond one apparently raised by a manager deflecting away from his own failings.

See this booing.
I didn't.  Not even a wee bit.  There was grumbling, some of which I was responsible for myself, but no booing that I  was aware of. 
Even the grumbling was bloody mild, especially in the context of what we were being treated to.  

It's ironic that a boo boy debate has started, even though there was precious little evidence of an issue, beyond one apparently raised by a manager deflecting away from his own failings.

I hears it from Dalry

See this booing.

Clear booing at both half time and full time. Possibly individual players were booed when they went into tunnel

23 minutes ago, danord said:

Clear booing at both half time and full time. Possibly individual players were booed when they went into tunnel

:lol:

“Haw, Murray!  Booooooo!”

When his crossing was poor did you see any of our players go up to him and speak to him? Obviously i dont know but would ne nice to know the boy got a wee bit of encouragement. Even him hearing boos at any stage of the game when he got the ball would have got to him.

No one booed when he was on the ball.

I think on the subject of Murray most supporters feel that he has been getting very favourable treatment in terms of selection compared to certain other players. According to the Manager 25 appearances ( including from bench) is a lot of faith in a guy who has yet to really stamp his authority on the proceedings. Obviously his decision to make and the guy looks as though he has ability but having ability and delivering it when it matters are two different things.

1 hour ago, danord said:

And possibly no such thing happened at all.

So the booing was confined to the ends of two execrable halves of football.  Sorry, but that doesn't actually sound too confined to our monstrous fans.  I'm sure I've even heard other fans do it before.   Booing at such times would suggest an overall dissatisfaction with how the team was doing, rather than a singling out of anyone.  Indeed, if anyone was the target of that type of stuff, it would be reasonable to assume it was the manager.  It seems that Naysmith's wishes have perhaps been granted.

As pointed out the perfect opportunity to victimise young Murray was presented when he was taken off.  Thankfully, there was none of the ironic cheering that sometimes greets such situations.  

I don't honestly feel that anyone was badly treated by supporters yesterday.

And possibly no such thing happened at all.
So the booing was confined to the ends of two execrable halves of football.  Sorry, but that doesn't actually sound too confined to our monstrous fans.  I'm sure I've even heard other fans do it before.   Booing at such times would suggest an overall dissatisfaction with how the team was doing, rather than a singling out of anyone.  Indeed, if anyone was the target of that type of stuff, it would be reasonable to assume it was the manager.  It seems that Naysmith's wishes have perhaps been granted.
As pointed out the perfect opportunity to victimise young Murray was presented when he was taken off.  Thankfully, there was none of the ironic cheering that sometimes greets such situations.  
I don't honestly feel that anyone was badly treated by supporters yesterday.

I don’t think fans should be booing their players at all. If they are playing badly we should try and encourage them instead of getting on their backs. Fair enough if you have a moan a couple of times throughout a game but I don’t think booing does much good.

2 minutes ago, danord said:

I don’t think fans should be booing their players at all. If they are playing badly we should try and encourage them instead of getting on their backs. Fair enough if you have a moan a couple of times throughout a game but I don’t think booing does much good.

Well it appears that there wasn't booing of individual players.

That directed at a performance at the end of a half probably isn't designed to do much good.  Instead, it's a legitimate expression of dissatisfaction with what's been served up to those paying for the privilege of watching.  There should really be something reciprocal about the relationship between team and supporters after all.

Anyway, the discussion is still kind of redundant with reference to yesterday, because there was next to no real evidence of the phenomenon anyway.