The Queen of the South thread

We have no goals in the team  apart from Dobbie .

Take Dykes works hard does everything you would want expect the most important thing score goals .

We have many players the same as Dykes Jacobs Rankin Thomson and now Ferguson who have no goal  threat.

Take Livi the reason they are doing so well is that they get goals from all over the  team they don't just have one goal threat that we have with Dobbie .

I wasn’t referring in particular to yesterday’s game, apart from I guess a continuing lack of ideas. I didn’t get the Todorov for Rankin switch - at the time it seemed a positive one. By underachieving I mean on current form we will finish 7th at best, probably 8th. I think with the squad we have had access to this season we should be competing for 3rd or 4th.

I know, i was just using yesterday as an example. GN wanted the win so he did what most managers would do, take a midfield player off and out an attacking one on.
You could be right, but what I'm getting at is up until now we still have something to play for.
We've a hard run of games in the next 4 weeks so I think that will show alot about the team with how well (or not) we get on with them.

If someone had said "you'll be above Falkirk and ICT" then I'd assume we'd be sitting 2nd. That's my point. We're not doing terribly but we're only as high up because of those two teams' poor season. Had they done what was expected of them we'd be sitting 8th just now. I'm not complaining, I'm just not going to pretend this season has been a fantastic achievement up until this point either though.

This post is exactly the attitude that makes people not want to go and watch Queens. I fully expect Queens to be competing with Hamilton, Ross County, St. Johnstone and Partick Thistle never mind Falkirk and bloody Inverness. If our manager and our BOD tried to talk Queens up a bit more we might get more through the turnstiles on match days.

It's exactly this attitude that makes people not want to go and watch Queens. I fully expect Queens to be competing with Hamilton, Ross County, St. Johnstone and Partick Thistle never mind Falkirk and bloody Inverness. If our manager and our BOD tried to talk Queens up a bit more we might get more through the turnstiles on match days.

People not going to watch Queens is exactly the reason why we can't compete with those teams.

St Johnstone and Partick are comfortably bigger clubs than ourselves and you're expecting far too much if you expect us to be competing with them regularly over a season.* County and Hamilton are similar to ourselves but County appear to have been bank rolled and Hamilton's youth system is a massive help to them. Falkirk continue to underachieve year on year. With their crowds they should be sitting in the league above. Caley will probably have a better budget as well.

You can only piss with the cock you have. We have one of the lowest average crowds in the division, we aren't continually producing cracking youth players and we don't have a sugar daddy. If you expect us to be competing with those sides then I suggest you get in touch with our board about how we go about doing it.

* Unless they too underachieve like they have in the past.

Thought he was really good for us,

Had fantastic pace but, as I think he is trying to point out, knew how to finish too - just ask some Partick fans.

What he says rings true i.e. this is football it's how it is just get on with it.

Brannigan certainly was of that ilk and I remember him more than once speaking publicly - and negatively - about Weatherston's attitude and lack of commitment.

It was quite clear he didn't like Weatherston very much based on his social background as he referred to that too.

He and Naysmith are very similar when it comes to being negative in public about players.

More importantly though it's high time that some people who attend football finally realise that players are only human and have feelings and emotions and that they should remember this before moronically verbally abusing them.

So don't just pay 'lip service' to the tragic  story of Chris Mitchell and others but make it a catalyst to change attitudes and behaviours.

Comparing Brannigan to Naysmith ? Whilst not knowing him, Brannigan appeared to thrive on his reputation as be a bully on and off the pitch. Naysmith comes across as thoughtful and honest in his interviews - even if that includes being critical of some of the players. In fact, I would say he has been more critical of himself when selections, formations or tactics have went amiss. I would rather listen to that as opposed to the usual ‘sound bites’ that previous managers have rolled out.

You pass comment on supporters slating players and we should be aware that players have feelings and should be mindful before verbally abusing them You are mindful of Chris Mitchells tragic story, and the well written words of David Wetherston.

But then you spend every single tiresome post, you have is aimed personally towards Naysmith. Surely you are condoning what you are preaching against.

Or is it a different set of rules for managers (or directors). Could they not have mental health issues?. Could they have depressive symptoms? I am pretty sure they will take as many headaches home and have equally as many sleepless nights as the players.

You have made your points regarding your thoughts on the manager - please move on

1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Brannigan certainly was of that ilk and I remember him more than once speaking publicly - and negatively - about Weatherston's attitude and lack of commitment.

It was quite clear he didn't like Weatherston very much based on his social background as he referred to that too.

He and Naysmith are very similar when it comes to being negative in public about players.

Oh they are not. That's a ridiculous comparison.

Just now, Grant228 said:

Were you  not a fan of Bannigan SD? 

That was a very interesting read from Weatherston. 

Not particularly. I got on fine with Brannigan as an individual but he's never a football manager. Should never have been put in charge of anything. He's a decent enough coach but can't deal with anything away from the football pitch and largely admits so himself. His dealings with the press were embarrassing throughout his time in charge of us. And he very much did criticise individual players by name publicly on several occasions, including Weatherston who was slated for a lack of desire and not wanting it enough due to his family background. Comparing him to Naysmith in that respect is scandalous.

I liked David Weatherston as a player. We probably weren't all that fair with him in his departure from the club. He was unlucky in that he was one of many out of contract when Brannigan was leaving the club and we were in financial crisis. There was a general willingness on all sides for him to stay on and then the new manager Gus McPherson didn't fancy him much and took a potential contract off the table. But he'd done well for us, even if mostly off the bench. His game was all about pace back then and he was dogged by persistent hamstring injuries which made it difficult to get a real run in the team. It's good to see David seems fairly settled and comfortable in his life now and settled in Norway. I see he's decided to give up football for the time being and if that's what makes him happy then good for him.

3 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

Great. More reason to read your constant moaning on here about GN.

Queens lost £102,000 last season that just can't go on anymore  .This season will probable not be much better think for once I have something to moan about .

We just can't continue with those losses so the player budget will have to be cut unless the board has some amazing money making plan will hear all about it on Monday at the A.G.M  

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You'll get plenty of responses from QoS fans after leaving us out of your 2nd question...

Indeed. Happy to fill this out but you really need to include us forza....

Edited by louisxiv