The Queen of the South thread

You're wanting a discussion about mental health yet are finding it very easy to have a go at other posters on here. Skyline Drifter merely pointed out your link had worked and you had a go at him. Then Northfield asked you a question and actually discussed Chris and you proceeded to call him ignorant. I asked you a question and you've called me ignorant and naive.

You're posting about how people are afraid to discuss mental health issues yet you're the one jumping down people's throats on a messageboard.

My example was exactly that. An example of going onto one thread and talking about something that would be best discussed somewhere else. I thought that was pretty simple. Feel free to continue to have a go at me though.

FWIW I think it would be pretty disrespectful to discuss what happened with him and would rather remember him for how he was as a player for our club.

What does me not liking what some people have to say do with mental health?
I may or may not be jumping down people's throat, but not towards anyone who's actually trying to talk about mental health?
Thing is though you can't compare mental health with anything else, which you are doing yet you got touchy when I called you ignorant and naive.
Thanks for proving my point.
Nobody mentioned about what actually happened to Chris except when I said he passed away. I mentioned the Cowdenbeath striker as well so the whole subject wasn't just about Chris or what happened with him.

Somebody take QOS1919's spade off him the hole he's digging is pretty deep already. Yes, its a video everybody should watch but FFS you cant order people to post it let alone watch it. A simple apology would have sufficed.

Whos trying to force anyone ? I pointed out that our fans only reacted when I said they were a great bunch.

I know QoS_1919 won't like this but they are actually disrespecting the video and its'  content they originally posted.
Your last line is spot on.
Once watched, the video leads you to reflect and ponder in a quiet way, not necessarily to launch into a widespread discussion.

Sorry for being confused here but who's disrespecting the video and how are they doing that?

Just now, QoS_1919 said:

Whos trying to force anyone ? I pointed out that our fans only reacted when I said they were a great bunch.

You started a huge rant on the basis that nobody posted the video for you (that you had already posted twice yourself)! Seriously stop now. You are making an arse of yourself.

You started a huge rant on the basis that nobody posted the video for you (that you had already posted twice yourself)! Seriously stop now. You are making an arse of yourself.

I didn't realise it had worked and was disappointed that no one commented. I'm making an arse of myself for having such a personal feeling about mental health. Ha! Okay who's the arse now?

What does me not liking what some people have to say do with mental health?
I may or may not be jumping down people's throat, but not towards anyone who's actually trying to talk about mental health?
Thing is though you can't compare mental health with anything else, which you are doing yet you got touchy when I called you ignorant and naive.
Thanks for proving my point.
Nobody mentioned about what actually happened to Chris except when I said he passed away. I mentioned the Cowdenbeath striker as well so the whole subject wasn't just about Chris or what happened with him.

Ah, so it's ok to have a go at people on a messageboard for no reason whatsoever as long as they aren't talking about something that you want to discuss?

I got "touchy" when you called me ignorant and naive because I've had almost a decade's worth of experience in that area so you couldn't have been more wrong with your insult.

The point is you have got upset about people not discussing mental health on a football forum. Again, if you want that kind of discussion I'd recommend you visit the Depression thread where you'll be able to have a good conversation with folk about it. Don't have a pop at folk in here ("Great set of fans we've got") for not engaging in those discussions. If they want to discuss that kind of thing I'm sure they would visit a thread like I've mentioned. It's really quite simple.

Ah, so it's ok to have a go at people on a messageboard for no reason whatsoever as long as they aren't talking about something that you want to discuss?

I got "touchy" when you called me ignorant and naive because I've had almost a decade's worth of experience in that area so you couldn't have been more wrong with your insult.

The point is you have got upset about people not discussing mental health on a football forum. Again, if you want that kind of discussion I'd recommend you visit the Depression thread where you'll be able to have a good conversation with folk about it. Don't have a pop at folk in here ("Great set of fans we've got") for not engaging in those discussions. If they want to discuss that kind of thing I'm sure they would visit a thread like I've mentioned. It's really quite simple.

Aye our fans are great.. Great club, sh*te fans.

3 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

That's completely uncalled for and despite your passion about the subject matter you have spoilt and ruined it with that comment. I would ask that you retract that comment as ours is a great club and we are great fans. 

Not for glory but for passion. 

Main question is do they really think he was the best right back we have ever had?

It’s an interesting debate, thought he excelled in the seaside league but looked nothing more than ok in the Championship.

Not a position we have had many outstanding candidates in recent memory.

13 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

Main question is do they really think he was the best right back we have ever had?

It’s an interesting debate, thought he excelled in the seaside league but looked nothing more than ok in the Championship.

Personally I thought Eric Paton was a lot better

Edited by spacekid84

16 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

if people jump down your throat on a silly thread then why would people speak to someone face to face?!

That is literally word for word what you have done here, what an absolute dick. 

15 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

1 hour ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

Going forward I would agree with Paton, racking my brain I would have to say the best defensive right back I have seen would be between Graeme ‘fanny’ Robertson or Jimmy Sinclair

Why Graeme 'Fanny' Robertson? 

5 hours ago, Brother Grimm said:

Going back a fair bit i.e. to the 1970s but Jimmy Miller best RB we have had in my view.

Jimmy%20Miller%20smaller.jpg

Best right back?

For me going back to the mid 80s I would go for Robbie Neilson. He was only here for about three months on loan and wasnt ours as such but he was outstanding. 

I would have Mitch above Eric Paton. Neither of them was particularly brilliant defensively. Paton lost his place in the Cup Final season to Ryan McCann for exactly that reason. Both outstanding on the ball though. Paton was a better footballer than Mitchell but Mitch's crossing and set piece delivery was brilliant.

Graeme Robertson was very good too but I was a wee bit young to properly appreciate him and I certainly dont remember the likes of Jimmy Miller.

I would throw Alan Gray in as another candidate. Best player in our 2002 title side but his time in Division 1 was ruined by injury. We never found out if he could make the step up.