The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, QoS_1919 said:

Strange how everyone can talk about needless things but not important things like what happened to Chris Mitchell and mental health. Would have been nice if someone could post that video but obviously no one could bother their arse.

Have seen the video on Twitter have retweeted it  .

Really good video but very sad if only someone had got to him before .Chris Mitchell was a great player the best right back we have ever had and he was a genuine good guy always had time for anyone

Really does make you realise that football is only a game not life and death.

1 hour ago, QoS_1919 said:

Strange how everyone can talk about needless things but not important things like what happened to Chris Mitchell and mental health. Would have been nice if someone could post that video but obviously no one could bother their arse.

13 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Anyway, let's all point out the mistake I made thinking it didn't work rather than speak about something very important. Usual in the forum.

In all honesty the responses you got were pretty reasonable given the tone of the first post quoted here

In all honesty the responses you got were pretty reasonable given the tone of the first post quoted here

There wasn't any responses from my first post and then when I made that post with the "tone" of it, people on this would rather point out a mistake. All I'm saying is it's the usual on this forum. Great set of fans we've got.

3 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

There wasn't any responses from my first post and then when I made that post with the "tone" of it, people on this would rather point out a mistake. All I'm saying is it's the usual on this forum. Great set of fans we've got.

Fair enough.

If you`re going to say people didn`t bother their arse doing something that it turned out didn`t need done it`s likely to generate some responses to be fair though.

22 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Anyway, let's all point out the mistake I made thinking it didn't work rather than speak about something very important. Usual in the forum.

That's quite unreasonable.

Seems to me people were just pointing out that it worked contrary to your belief, not pointing out a mistake. 

Take it as a positive i.e. it can be viewed ,rather than a negative.

Rather than cajoling others, what is it YOU have to say on something that appears to be very important to you ?

14 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Your first post didnt need any further comment as far as I was concerned. The video said all it needed to. I watched it and then went off and shared it on Facebook too. I still dont think it needs further comment. I knew Chris well and spoke to his family a few weeks ago. What they are doing is terrific and the profile the Foundation now has is doing far more than any comment on here would.

You then accused everyone of not bothering their arse to do something that plainly didnt need doing and which I couldnt do anyway since I dont have Twitter. I wouldnt have responded to that if I had seen NW's response before but he must have posted while I was typing.

Mention mental health, no responses in 7 hours. Mention people being lazy (which fair enough i didn't realise the post worked) and mention fans then there's 8 responses in an hour. Says quite a lot about the forum. Seen an identical post to mine on another forum and there was a good conversation about it, but you're telling me there was nothing to add to my post? Yes the video said alot but it hardly said "All it needed to." Please tell when there's enough said about mental health?

That's quite unreasonable.
Seems to me people were just pointing out that it worked contrary to your belief, not pointing out a mistake. 
Take it as a positive i.e. it can be viewed ,rather than a negative.
Rather than cajoling others, what is it YOU have to say on something that appears to be very important to you ?

I did have plenty to say. But definitely not now.

11 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Mention mental health, no responses in 7 hours. Mention people being lazy (which fair enough i didn't realise the post worked) and mention fans then there's 8 responses in an hour. Says quite a lot about the forum. Seen an identical post to mine on another forum and there was a good conversation about it, but you're telling me there was nothing to add to my post? Yes the video said alot but it hardly said "All it needed to." Please tell when there's enough said about mental health?

Don,t  you have Twitter ?.

It is not all about P and Bovril.

I seen the video on Twitter retweeted it hours ago

Most of the players in the video have been on Twitter  to tweet something what now are you going to say they should have replied to you on P and B .   

The whole story is very sad I am sure at least you will agree on that Chris Mitchell is a huge loss as a footballer and more important as a person he had time for everyone

You might have got the response you were after (whatever it was you were looking for) had you posted it in the Depression thread. Not everyone is comfortable discussing those kind of issues so I don't know why you're getting so pissy about the lack of response in this thread.

Don,t  you have Twitter ?.
It is not all about P and Bovril.
I seen the video on Twitter retweeted it hours ago
Most of the players in the video have been on Twitter  to tweet something what now are you going to say they should have replied to you on P and B .   
The whole story is very sad I am sure at least you will agree on that Chris Mitchell is a huge loss as a footballer and more important as a person he had time for everyone

It is not all about Twitter either. Just because it was posted on Twitter doesn't mean it has to stay there. That's quite ignorant from you but I wouldn't expect anything else.

You might have got the response you were after (whatever it was you were looking for) had you posted it in the Depression thread. Not everyone is comfortable discussing those kind of issues so I don't know why you're getting so pissy about the lack of response in this thread.

A discussion maybe? Help with awareness maybe? Why only keep it on the depression thread, surely it should be helped to be made more aware of considering 1 in 4 people in the UK fight mental health issues. Alot of people find it difficult to talk about because of the ignorance and naivety alot of people show towards it, for example the likes of you telling me I'm being "pissy."

A discussion maybe? Help with awareness maybe? Why only keep it on the depression thread, surely it should be helped to be made more aware of considering 1 in 4 people in the UK fight mental health issues. Alot of people find it difficult to talk about because of the ignorance and naivety alot of people show towards it, for example the likes of you telling me I'm being "pissy."

A discussion about what exactly? I never said keep it on that thread, but if you were after some kind of discussion about mental health it would make far more sense going to the designated area. I wouldn't go to the Gambling forum and moan if folk didn't join me in a discussion about parenting for example.

Don't call me ignorant and naive about mental health either. I worked with people with a variety of mental health issues ranging from mild to very severe for 9 years of my life.

No wonder I'm being "pissy" about the replies. I only got replies when I mentioned our fans. Like I said, try and raise awareness about mental health, nothing! Mention our fans, well that's a different story.
No wonder mental health is so bad in our country and people feel they can't talk about it, if people jump down your throat on a silly thread then why would people speak to someone face to face?!

A discussion about what exactly? I never said keep it on that thread, but if you were after some kind of discussion about mental health it would make far more sense going to the designated area. I wouldn't go to the Gambling forum and moan if folk didn't join me in a discussion about parenting for example.

Don't call me ignorant and naive about mental health either. I worked with people with a variety of mental health issues ranging from mild to very severe for 9 years of my life.

I think I've made it clear in previous posts what the discussion would have been about, now you're just trying to pick at anything.
That's a pathetic example. Our ex player passed away because of mental health, so how does that compare to going on a gambling forum and mentioning parenting? Utter bloody nonsense.

No wonder I'm being "pissy" about the replies. I only got replies when I mentioned our fans. Like I said, try and raise awareness about mental health, nothing! Mention our fans, well that's a different story.
No wonder mental health is so bad in our country and people feel they can't talk about it, if people jump down your throat on a silly thread then why would people speak to someone face to face?!

I think I've made it clear in previous posts what the discussion would have been about, now you're just trying to pick at anything.
That's a pathetic example. Our ex player passed away because of mental health, so how does that compare to going on a gambling forum and mentioning parenting? Utter bloody nonsense.

You're wanting a discussion about mental health yet are finding it very easy to have a go at other posters on here. Skyline Drifter merely pointed out your link had worked and you had a go at him. Then Northfield asked you a question and actually discussed Chris and you proceeded to call him ignorant. I asked you a question and you've called me ignorant and naive.

You're posting about how people are afraid to discuss mental health issues yet you're the one jumping down people's throats on a messageboard.

My example was exactly that. An example of going onto one thread and talking about something that would be best discussed somewhere else. I thought that was pretty simple. Feel free to continue to have a go at me though.

FWIW I think it would be pretty disrespectful to discuss what happened with him and would rather remember him for how he was as a player for our club.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're wanting a discussion about mental health yet are finding it very easy to have a go at other posters on here. Skyline Drifter merely pointed out your link had worked and you had a go at him. Then Northfield asked you a question and actually discussed Chris and you proceeded to call him ignorant. I asked you a question and you've called me ignorant and naive.

You're posting about how people are afraid to discuss mental health issues yet you're the one jumping down people's throats on a messageboard.

My example was exactly that. An example of going onto one thread and talking about something that would be best discussed somewhere else. I thought that was pretty simple. Feel free to continue to have a go at me though.

FWIW I think it would be pretty disrespectful to discuss what happened with him and would rather remember him for how he was as a player for our club.

I know QoS_1919 won't like this but they are actually disrespecting the video and its'  content they originally posted.

Your last line is spot on.

Once watched, the video leads you to reflect and ponder in a quiet way, not necessarily to launch into a widespread discussion.