The Queen of the South thread

Why has no one considered Rooney in their fully fit first XI? Wasn’t at the game but from what I heard he played very well against Partick in the back 3. I’d go Martin, Rooney, Fordyce, Brownlie, Mercer, Thomson, Jacobs, Beerman, Thomas (CAM), Dobbie, Dykes.
Rooney over Cameron simply because they are of similar ability (what I’ve been told) and would rather develop our own player than Newcastle’s. 

Pretty sure Cameron is out of contract, so hopefully if loan goes well we’d be his first port of call

8 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Great News, key player let's get more signed up.

Which of our other players do you think are good enough for the Premiership? 

Todorov, you guys will fall in love with him. Genuinely such a model professional and will do anything that's asked of him, run around daft and make himself annoying to the opposition. 

I don't think it's a player that will come back to haunt us though, we let him go because he wasn't good enough for us/wouldn't make the bench really. He'll get himself booked for roughing defences up and won't score many goals but he's good for finding space and drawing defenders at corners etc. Will be good at holding the ball up for Dobbie and co. I'm sure.

So what's people's opinions of the window? Successful?

In: Joe Thomson, Myles Beerman, Kyle Cameron, Dom Thomas , Nikolay Todorov

Out: James McFadden, Callum Tapping, Jason Kerr, Chris Kane, Jesse Akubuine, Andy Stirling, Ewan Gourlay

We have recruited better than i thought we would've.The loss of Kane and Kerr is a blow 

(Taking out Akubuine and Gourlay) IMO Beerman is a Upgrade on McFadden,Thomson is a Upgrade on Tapping,Thomas is a Upgrade on Stirling but Cameron and Todorov would have to be some players to become a Upgrade on Kerr and Kane.Anyway all in all Teams looking strong for a  playoff push second half of the season when many people thought we'd be looking down instead of up.

Out: James McFadden, Callum Tapping, Jason Kerr, Chris Kane, Jesse Akubuine, Andy Stirling, Ewan Gourlay
We have recruited better than i thought we would've.The loss of Kane and Kerr is a blow 
(Taking out Akubuine and Gourlay) IMO Beerman is a Upgrade on McFadden,Thomson is a Upgrade on Tapping,Thomas is a Upgrade on Stirling but Cameron and Todorov would have to be some players to become a Upgrade on Kerr and Kane.Anyway all in all Teams looking strong for a  playoff push second half of the season when many people thought we'd be looking down instead of up.

Beerman is a defender though so how can you compare him to McFadden?

8 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

He can play further forward,came on against inverness in midfield and I'm sure if we result back to 4-4-2 he will play further forward again.

Edited by Dumfries Boy(new acc)

32 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Todorov, you guys will fall in love with him. Genuinely such a model professional and will do anything that's asked of him, run around daft and make himself annoying to the opposition. 

I don't think it's a player that will come back to haunt us though, we let him go because he wasn't good enough for us/wouldn't make the bench really. He'll get himself booked for roughing defences up and won't score many goals but he's good for finding space and drawing defenders at corners etc. Will be good at holding the ball up for Dobbie and co. I'm sure.

We'll fall in love with him, but he wasn't good enough for the Livingston bench?

Ok.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

We'll fall in love with him, but he wasn't good enough for the Livingston bench?

Ok.

Even when he wasn't that good, he always has time for the fans - first to go clap them and always in celebrating with the fans. If he takes to Queens like he took to us he'll be a fan favourite for his attitude alone.

I absolutely love the boy for the way he was for us, even if he wasn't the most skilled player. He's 100% a utility player and makes good use of what he has

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Even when he wasn't that good, he always has time for the fans - first to go clap them and always in celebrating with the fans. If he takes to Queens like he took to us he'll be a fan favourite for his attitude alone.

I like to think our tummies are less readily tickled.

It's not been a bad window and Naysmith has done well tbh.

Thomas and Thomson are good additions though both may be rusty for a couple of weeks, but if they find their form of last season we'll be a better threat going forward. Kerr was good for us but he was very suspect at marking so if Cameron is capable of that we may not feel his loss as much. If Fordyce stays injury free I won't have too many worries at the back. It'll be interesting to see if Beerman will go to LB now with Thomas signing or if he'll continue wide left. As I've already said, I'll need to see Todorov before I judge him. I just hope he hasn't been brought in so we can resort to route 1. Though I expect Fergusson isn't much shorter and we never did it against Brechin. I expect Todorov will partner Dobbie but I hope Fergusson stills gets some healthy game time. I'd be starting him on Saturday ahead of Todorov.

Well he's played his game at wide left so it's not the most bizarre comparison ever tbh. Though I would be surprised if he doesn't drop deeper now.