The Queen of the South thread

6 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

We are looking good for second half of the season now 

A striker is more than what I was expecting a couple of days ago,Teams looking Good IMO

Yep Marshall and Jacobs are only few weeks away as well from one of match previews. I think we are giving ourselves a chance 

34 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

????

Joe Thomson had five minutes there. Callum Fordyce and Kyle Jacobs played there in the past, though Fordyce wasn't signed from there.  It's hardly a massive connection.  Do they have anyone who used to be with us?

Todorov helps bolster the been to Livingston for a cup of coffee brigade.

With a Bulgarian, Maltese, South African and an Australian. Is the most cosmopolitan Queens team ever?

Has Todorov signed? I know Wikipedia isn't much to go by but says on his that he's now on loan to us. I hope that if we do sign him then GN doesn't feel the need to play route 1 for 90 minutes. I don't mind it the odd time, especially if we have a limited defender who isn't comfortable in possession (just as long as he's a decent defender.)
Also, I can't see Ferguson starting on Saturday, hope I'm wrong but I don't think GN will play him, I think he'll play a 4-5-1.

Has Todorov signed? I know Wikipedia isn't much to go by but says on his that he's now on loan to us. I hope that if we do sign him then GN doesn't feel the need to play route 1 for 90 minutes. I don't mind it the odd time, especially if we have a limited defender who isn't comfortable in possession (just as long as he's a decent defender.)
Also, I can't see Ferguson starting on Saturday, hope I'm wrong but I don't think GN will play him, I think he'll play a 4-5-1.

Screenshot_20180131-190312.jpg

Fair play to the club. After playing down talk of signings (or certainly not talking up about any), it’s actually been quite a busy window.

We’re pretty well covered across the entire team now so no excuses. Lets give the playoffs a real go. With Dobbie in the team anything is possible.

43 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

Todorov helps bolster the been to Livingston for a cup of coffee brigade.

With a Bulgarian, Maltese, South African and an Australian. Is the most cosmopolitan Queens team ever?

Ky Jacobs is Dutch, not South African, which doesnt change your point but for the sake of accuracy.........

You checked Wiki but didnt check the Official Site which published the news at 6pm, an hour before you asked? :unsure:

Haha! I don't know much about him so checked Wiki to see what it said and didn't even think to check the official site after I seen it.

8 minutes ago, spacekid84 said:

Why is he listed as born in Johannesburg and South African just about everywhere if hes Dutch?

He is listed as being born in Johannesburg for the not unreasonable reason that he was born in Johannesburg! That doesnt make him South African. John McEnroe was born in Germany but isnt German. Cliff Richard was born in India but isnt Indian. Presumably places listing him as South African are just doing so based on his birthplace.

He considers himself Dutch. His mother is Dutch and he has a Dutch passport.

Edited to add - whilst I think he considers himself Australian, Lyndon Dykes parents are Scottish and he has a British passport. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Why has no one considered Rooney in their fully fit first XI? Wasn’t at the game but from what I heard he played very well against Partick in the back 3. I’d go Martin, Rooney, Fordyce, Brownlie, Mercer, Thomson, Jacobs, Beerman, Thomas (CAM), Dobbie, Dykes.

Rooney over Cameron simply because they are of similar ability (what I’ve been told) and would rather develop our own player than Newcastle’s. 

Why has no one considered Rooney in their fully fit first XI? Wasn’t at the game but from what I heard he played very well against Partick in the back 3. I’d go Martin, Rooney, Fordyce, Brownlie, Mercer, Thomson, Jacobs, Beerman, Thomas (CAM), Dobbie, Dykes.
Rooney over Cameron simply because they are of similar ability (what I’ve been told) and would rather develop our own player than Newcastle’s. 

Mercer over Marshall?