The Queen of the South thread

You lads are getting a Montrose player down for a trial, not sure when it's happening.Liam Callaghan decent enough player played very well both games against you lot.

Giving how well Montrose played against us, I’m not surprised if we do take a look at some of your players. If true would be interesting to know if Naysmith has had someone to continue watching Montrose, I was impressed with the centre half also.

I’d imagine it’ll be more for next season, giving the fact it’s so late in transfer window.

Maybe not "all season" but we do now and have another coming back from injury.

Who is coming back? Marshall is left sided but he's not a midfielder. Carmichael's preferred side is right. I may well be missing someone though. If Marshall is out for the rest of the season I'd assume Beerman would drop in there if we brought a LM in. If it materialises Stirling may well be on his way out, sadly.

Don't know if Kane went back to St Johnstone to enable Tommy Wright to have a closer look at him after his time was up. Sometimes when you go back you still don't fit in or get a chance. Well he certainly took his chance tonight with a hat trick and that will surely prevent any chance we may ever have had of getting him back for the rest of the season going up with a puff of smoke

It was in our local paper last week petrie and naysmith had agreed to Liam training with you guys.He is a good a player good at set pieces and corners and has come on leaps and bounds since joining us from Arbroath.
Think he is only about 22 so a good age Also, think the centre half someone mentioned that also played well is Matty Alan he got freed from Dundee fc and joined us another really good player also.

It was in our local paper last week petrie and naysmith had agreed to Liam training with you guys.He is a good a player good at set pieces and corners and has come on leaps and bounds since joining us from Arbroath.
Think he is only about 22 so a good age Also, think the centre half someone mentioned that also played well is Matty Alan he got freed from Dundee fc and joined us another really good player also.

I always like the idea of picking up gems from the lower leagues. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. Really liked look of Matty Allan.

8 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Don't know if Kane went back to St Johnstone to enable Tommy Wright to have a closer look at him after his time was up. Sometimes when you go back you still don't fit in or get a chance. Well he certainly took his chance tonight with a hat trick and that will surely prevent any chance we may ever have had of getting him back for the rest of the season going up with a puff of smoke

Kane will be first choice, and was likely always to be. MacLean is done and Cummins was sold, both were ahead of him in the Summer. 

Kerr also started, and almost scored an overhead kick. 

I always like the idea of picking up gems from the lower leagues. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. Really liked look of Matty Allan.
Very good player and like liam already signed up for next season.Am sure I read petrie wouldn't stand in his way if bigger clubs came calling.

3 hours ago, mo83 said:

Aye yous certainly had a good few players who impressed against us. Was very impressed with your keeper Fleming too. Steeves looked decent too. As others have said Allan at cb looks to have a big future. Hopefully yous can go up after spending so long in the same league. Petrie has done a remarkable job.

24 minutes ago, temps15 said:

reported in the sun this morning that if Andy Stirling moves to Dumbarton (more likely on loan) then there is the possibility that we could bring Dom Thomas back on loan.

Just heard this also. Airdrieonians, Ayr and Forfar also interested in Stirling.  Could well be a loan deal, with Dom Thomas on loan from Killie, as he has been frozen out at Rugby Park. Would link back up with Joe Thomson from last season too.

1 hour ago, temps15 said:

reported in the sun this morning that if Andy Stirling moves to Dumbarton (more likely on loan) then there is the possibility that we could bring Dom Thomas back on loan.

43 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

That would be a fantastic bit of business.

This^^^

Aye yous certainly had a good few players who impressed against us. Was very impressed with your keeper Fleming too. Steeves looked decent too. As others have said Allan at cb looks to have a big future. Hopefully yous can go up after spending so long in the same league. Petrie has done a remarkable job.
Andrew steeves has been fantastic for us since he signed from forfar....Paul hegarty first signing and a dam good one aswell.
I'm pretty sure their will be clubs looking at him and Matty Alan both like I said before very good players.

12 hours ago, BeeJay said:

I just hope that one day Dobbie takes up a coaching position/managerial position with Queens. I am sure, eventually, that Garry and Dougie will move on and  Dobbs, in my opinion, would be very welcome by the fans. Whether or not that will happen is for the future but in the days of very highly paid footballers who want, and get, whatever they ask for it is great to hear an interview with Dobbs where you can see his love for the club. Not many employees show that level of loyalty. So a testimonial yes but let's keep him at Palmerston...now what about his statue?

Disagree. Many great footballers have made poor managers.  Has Dobbie taken any coaching badges?

2 hours ago, NOTS said:

Just heard this also. Airdrieonians, Ayr and Forfar also interested in Stirling.  Could well be a loan deal, with Dom Thomas on loan from Killie, as he has been frozen out at Rugby Park. Would link back up with Joe Thomson from last season too.

I think you can rule us out of that, wingers are on form and we need to replace Higgy if we do any more business.