The Queen of the South thread

I read a few posts on the QOS mad site and one in particular caught my eye on the subject of Shaun Rooney. Basically the message was saying - when everybody was fit he was often the "odd man out".

Rooney is a player that I really like - fast, strong, and
more than decent on the ball. With those attributes there are a number of positions that he can fill and the one position I wouldn't ask him to fill is SUB. We have a number of limited players who are very unlikely to ever improve - Rooney on the other hand has a lot to offer. He is undoubtedly prone to some poor positional play and rash tackling but surely full time training and coaching is there to develop a player like Rooney? It is much easier to fix the weaknesses than try and inject ability where it simply doesn't exist.

On the subject of Alan Martin - I think a run of games for Leighfield is long overdue.

He reminds me of Yaya Toure in his prime when he gets running with the ball.

I sàw a post in the QoS facebook page showing the bird mess on somebody's seat in the main stand. This looked like it had been there for some time and is totally unacceptable IMO.  Also mention on the thread of seats not being fixed properly and loose. Surely this is something that the SLO committee should be sorting out with the club pronto? It's not difficult to give the paying punter a clean seat surely? It's also very possibly dangerous and a breach of the club's licence. Pigeon muck is really nasty and can cause awful illnesses and loose seats could result in an injury.

On a more positive note, I see the manager and Board are attending a talk on end of life / palliative care tomorrow night as invited guests. Would be great for the club, Board and fans to support care homes and palliative care provision locally as this is often a forgotten area for charitable donation. 

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

2 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

I sàw a post in the QoS facebook page showing the bird mess on somebody's seat in the main stand. This looked like it had been there for some time and is totally unacceptable IMO.  Also mention on the thread of seats not being fixed properly and loose. Surely this is something that the SLO committee should be sorting out with the club pronto? It's not difficult to give the paying punter a clean seat surely? It's also very possibly dangerous and a breach of the club's licence. Pigeon muck is really nasty and can cause awful illnesses and loose seats could result in an injury.

On a more positive note, I see the manager and Board are attending a talk on end of life / palliative care tomorrow night as invited guests. Would be great for the club, Board and fans to support care homes and palliative care provision locally as this is often a forgotten area for charitable donation. 

The SLO committee approached the board of directors regarding this issue almost straight away. We will keep you updated regarding the outcome. 

We are always happy to pass on any issues or ideas supporters may have to the board of directors. The majority of issues and ideas we have received so far have been discussed by the slo committee and Mark. Most of which have been addressed accordingly. 

17 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

I also replied quickly to this post on Facebook and have noticed a good few seats in the main stand in the same condition.

5 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Looks like we will not have a replacement for Kane signed for Sat.

Surely we are not going to with just Dobbie and Lyle plus Ferguson as back up   

Think Fergusson more than deserves his chance after a fairly decent performance against Patrick. A goals a goal no matter how shite/amazing/lucky it is, and his confidence will be pretty high. Don’t think Lyle will start considering he’s been injured for a few weeks, hope to see him play 20/30 minutes though. 

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Derek Lyle will surely start at least play for a hour or so then bring Ferguson on 

There also the option of dykes up front. Stirling or Murray can cover dykes starting berth. 

I think fergusson had a good enough game against Patrick and he should get at least another game to show what he can do. 

Lyle if fit can come on second half or dykes as I said can move up front. 

The manager will "surely" have a plan for saturday

54 minutes ago, temps15 said:

I am not lyndon dykes biggest fan but I think he was very influential in the centre of midfield last week
I would be tempted to put him in there again

Thought the same - Dykes was good in midfield last week and dare I say it an attacking midfielder

Gary Naysmith saying in today's Standard that the Brechin game will probably be too soon for Lyle to feature.  

As for some positive posts about Dykes' performance last week,  I'm far from being a great fan of his but I agree he did put in a good performance last week.  The problem I have is that,  irrespective of whatever position he plays,  he doesn't seem able to put in consistent performances from game to game.