The Queen of the South thread

10 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

An absolutely massive game for the club this weekend, a win could make such a difference financially. Please try and get there in numbers to get behind the boys

That's the sentence direct quote. Maybe I looking to much into it that I think the club is in financial trouble. 

No, I think you have a point.

An absolutely massive game for the club this weekend, a win could make such a difference financially. Please try and get there in numbers to get behind the boys

That's the sentence direct quote. Maybe I looking to much into it that I think the club is in financial trouble. 

I think you are TBH

No, I think you have a point.

Looks to me they’re just trying to encourage more people to the game and quite rightly so. Partick are bringing a big support and we need as many fans as possible through the gates . Season tickets not valid so the money made from the tie will be welcomed by both clubs

2 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Looks to me they’re just trying to encourage more people to the game and quite rightly so. Partick are bringing a big support and we need as many fans as possible through the gates . Season tickets not valid so the money made from the tie will be welcomed by both clubs

You’re right about the last part, but I’m not so sure about the first part

The accounts to May 2017 will be out soon, so I guess the shareholders will know more then and that might go some way to resolving any argument.

21 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Money canny be a problem, either that or they are gambling on going up...

To be fair, I don’t think there is any financial risk for us.

We’ve pulled in close to £1m in the last year,2 televised cup games, a few league games on BT.

Crowds are going up ,what’s not to like :thumsup2

58 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

Surely can’t be referring to the prize money available, £9,000 if we go out Saturday and £12,000 the following round. 

Only way the cup is going to increase revenue significantly is if we draw one of Rangers and Celtic?

If your numbers are right, I think the way it works is that the prize money is cumulative. So, if we win, it will be £12,000 extra, not £3,000. So if we went out in the next round, we would receive £21,000 plus whatever we got for beating Montrose. And winning also means the possibility of staying in even longer, with more cumulative prize money at stake. Plus whatever we make from our share of the gate money etc. Whereas, if we lose, the £12,000 disappears, along with gate money in the next round, along with the potential for any more. Where did you get the numbers from? They look low considering that, in this round, about £300,000 of tv money will be pooled, which would be about £10,000 per club on its own. Unless I've misunderstood some of the comments in the Cup forum.

56 minutes ago, Flash said:

If your numbers are right, I think the way it works is that the prize money is cumulative. So, if we win, it will be £12,000 extra, not £3,000. So if we went out in the next round, we would receive £21,000 plus whatever we got for beating Montrose. And winning also means the possibility of staying in even longer, with more cumulative prize money at stake. Plus whatever we make from our share of the gate money etc. Whereas, if we lose, the £12,000 disappears, along with gate money in the next round, along with the potential for any more. Where did you get the numbers from? They look low considering that, in this round, about £300,000 of tv money will be pooled, which would be about £10,000 per club on its own. Unless I've misunderstood some of the comments in the Cup forum.

You might be right, in which case getting through would pay for another player. But I can’t find the official document online, can only see the figures in newspaper articles.

I know we are meant to email the SLC but to be honest I find it easier posting here, I know they are members.

Think it would be class if we introduced Zorb Football at half-time. Maybe 3v3 or 5v5, charge £5 each and have a Home v Away fans match?

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

Guest TOPFITTER
Priority signing this week surely must be a centre half to partner Brownlie.

Dowie and Higgins deemed not fit for purpose maybe GN has a cunning plan, Stirling leaving looks like part of it!!!! Then again maybe not.
Surely the income streams the Club have in place will allow for some investment in the TEAM.