The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes, because thats exactly what I said......

In other words, he'll play for Scotland if he gets much better then.

I think that could be said of a great many young players.  It was therefore hyperbolic to explicitly align this decent young player with such prospects.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

9 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Are Queens not traveling up on the Friday for the Inverness game .

Going to be a early start and a long day going up on up on Saturday not ideal preparation for what is going to be a difficult game 

They should have as they travelled up on the Friday last time.

I think even a full strength Queens team will struggle against a much improved Inverness side, playing with confidence and at home. If we come away from this game with a point I for one will be happy, and relieved. Just concerned that we may have decided the chances of a win are not great so why spend a shed load of money for overnight accommodation etc...hopefully I will be proved wrong.

Interesting wee list on SPFL site  re. goalscorers since SPFL started 2013.

Lyle and Russell both on 50, Weatherson 45, Reilly 40, Clark 39and Dobbie 30.

Before anyone syas, I know Weatherson's are not for us but we have had the benefits of his talent before.

The left side has been a major problem since Russell left.    He could be very frustrating at times  but if anyone but Airdrie had come in he would have stayed.

Could Del be tempted to link up with him again at Dumbarton or better still could Stevie Aitken and Russell come and join us  at Palmerston ?

I guess Russell wants  part-time now but he could still do a job for us, I am quite sure.

Is Lyle still injured ? no Stirling on the bench

Danny has had more than one injury this season, the latest being a hamstring problem picked up in training just after he returned from a groin problem. I am sure one of the manager's recent previews or post match interviews clarified the injury.  Think it was one of the post match ones with Sandra. I remember him saying it.
His interview with Alive Radio yesterday put Danny and Ky Jacobs both at a mid February return if all is well. He also said he hoped Fordyce and Lyle would be fit for Thistle and Marshall by start of February.

judging by GN’s interview team for next week could be:

Martin/Leighfield, Rooney, Brownlie, Fordyce, Mercer, Murray, Thomson, Rankin, Beerman, Dykes, Dobbie

If Fordyce isn’t fit it would probably mean Beerman would play full back and Rooney CB, and the prospect of that scares me shitless. Dykes would go wide and Fergusson up front. Fair to say I’m not confident whatsoever, unless there’s new signings (unlikely) but it provides an opportunity for Fergusson, Beerman etc to perform and show their good enough for this league, albeit against Premiership opposition