The Queen of the South thread

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd say it's been an OK day transfer wise. Beerman has obviously been brought in as Marshall is done for the season you'd imagine. Fergusson coming back may be seen as a direct replacement for Kane in that we won't be signing another striker.

At this particular moment in time I can't say I'm overjoyed at Tapping being let go. He's not been up to it and I would have been happy for him to go at the end of the season but given we are so short in there I can't say I'm thrilled to see him go at this time. It's freed up a wage so I'd expect a CM to be brought in during the window, at which point I won't have any problems. If Tapping has been released and we don't bring a CM in then I'd be even more concerned about the rest of the season than I already am.

I'm not sure we'd be any worse playing with 10 men to be honest. I hope this is a good move for both parties (well 2 out of 3 parties as clearly Brechin are getting a lemon)

I'm surprised he went back to Brechin seeing as he snaked them to join us. As for his spell at Queens he seemed to get a lot better in the eyes of the fans when he was injured only to discover that in fact he was guff. That's not to say he's the worst player I've seen play in centre mid for Queens in recent years but it's a bit of an understatement to say that there's better players out there.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd say it's been an OK day transfer wise. Beerman has obviously been brought in as Marshall is done for the season you'd imagine. Fergusson coming back may be seen as a direct replacement for Kane in that we won't be signing another striker.

At this particular moment in time I can't say I'm overjoyed at Tapping being let go. He's not been up to it and I would have been happy for him to go at the end of the season but given we are so short in there I can't say I'm thrilled to see him go at this time. It's freed up a wage so I'd expect a CM to be brought in during the window, at which point I won't have any problems. If Tapping has been released and we don't bring a CM in then I'd be even more concerned about the rest of the season than I already am.

Yeah, looks like Beerman for Marshall, Fergusson for Kane and Thomson for Jacobs.

That leaves replacements needed for McFadden, Tapping and Kerr.  

We will be effectively 6 players down (7 if Carmichael is included) compared with the intended squad at the start of the season. So hopefully more replacements are in the pipeline because it doesn’t really make sense to bring only 3 in. Even without the injuries, we will have lost 4 players from an already fairly small squad. So far, we have 2 in plus a returning U20.

I’d say as a minimum we need a CB (for Kerr) and a CM (for Tapping or Jacobs, whichever way you want to look at it) plus preferably a LM (for McFadden). Would be nice to also get a striker (for Kane) rather than relying on Fergusson as his replacement.

I feel incredibly sorry for Tapping, he’s had a torrid time with injury and that’s never nice to see. It also pleases me the manner the club stuck by him through this period. Obviously it wasn’t a completely selfless act of generosity as we were hoping to get a good player out of it. Still it’s nice to be nice even if ultimately he has proven to be a costly misjudgement.

Despite all of that it was clear he’d be gone by the end of the season, so having managed to get rid 6 months early seems like a bit of a result.

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

How many loan players can we have is the max 4

Maybe you can't say but when do the loans  of Kerr and Kane finish and are they being extended 

Kane and Kerr go back to St Johnstone after the Inverness match. I was speaking to them post match on Tuesday.

3 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

I'm surprised he went back to Brechin seeing as he snaked them to join us. As for his spell at Queens he seemed to get a lot better in the eyes of the fans when he was injured only to discover that in fact he was guff. That's not to say he's the worst player I've seen play in centre mid for Queens in recent years but it's a bit of an understatement to say that there's better players out there.

Tapping was best when returning from his first injury spell out. Just a pity it was for the last run of games that season. 

5 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Beerman and Mercer as starting full-backs, Marshall out long term and Rooney as cover for CB and RB is how I'd imagine it will go.

At the very minimum I'd like a CB, two CMs and a wide player.  Ideally I like all of that plus another wide player and a striker.

I thought Jacobs and Marshall were due back sometime in February according to GN?

Marshall done for the season !!! Are you sure ????

Marshall done for the season !!! Are you sure ????

No, just an assumption. Mercer did well the other day at LB. I'm still not convinced he's up to it at this level on a regular basis but he can clearly cover. If GN has brought a LB in with Mercer being able to cover then I'm just assuming Marshall's injury may keep him out long term.

He may not be and he's got other plans for Beerman when Marshall returns.

The signing of beerman sounds like a good one considering he can play across a number of positions. Only thing I'm concerned about is his age and relative rawness. However I'm sure he can prove my concerns wrong when he gets his chance.

Tapping away. Not sure how I feel about that. I always thought he would become a decent player for us but every time I saw him it was a let down. And i know he was done for a lot of people on here. All I can really say is good luck to him.

With fergusson being recalled is he likely to get a game or is he just cover on the bench

The signing of beerman sounds like a good one considering he can play across a number of positions. Only thing I'm concerned about is his age and relative rawness. However I'm sure he can prove my concerns wrong when he gets his chance.

Tapping away. Not sure how I feel about that. I always thought he would become a decent player for us but every time I saw him it was a let down. And i know he was done for a lot of people on here. All I can really say is good luck to him.

With fergusson being recalled is he likely to get a game or is he just cover on the bench
Cover on bench.The bench fillers need to be shipped out to Annan .

Ideally three players required but I would definitely prioritize

1) CM

2) CB

3) LM.

If we only sign one more player but he is a decent central midfielder I will feel more optimistic about our prospects. IN that case we would have replaced like for like in defense, made a huge improvement in midfield and slightly weakened ourselves upfront which is better prioritisation IMO.

I think Del still has something to offer. The only concern really is that we’ve lost the pace of Kane. In that regard hopefully Dykes will play upfront if he’s going to play as I feel he offers a lot more there than in midfield.