The Queen of the South thread

Dykes doesn't cut it at this level. Looked okay against lower league teams in the cups, but nowhere near the championship level. A loan spell with the likes of Annan and then a look at him in pre-season again would be the best way to go forward with Dykes. Maybe try and swap with Aiden Smith whom the manager never gave a chance, which in my humble opinion was a mistake.

Dykes doesn't cut it at this level. Looked okay against lower league teams in the cups, but nowhere near the championship level. A loan spell with the likes of Annan and then a look at him in pre-season again would be the best way to go forward with Dykes. Maybe try and swap with Aiden Smith whom the manager never gave a chance, which in my humble opinion was a mistake.

I’m sure his “agent” will advise him accordingly [emoji3]

The worry with Dykes is that he is not improving .Most young players get better with experience .Really needs to add goals to his game but never looks like he will score .Amazed he has a new contract for next season 

1 hour ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

I’m sure his “agent” will advise him accordingly emoji3.png

20 minutes ago, queenslad said:

I was meaning over all

It's a good question.

I certainly remember a few against Clyde both home and away.

It might come down to clubs we shared a division with during both spells, or It might just be someone, like Clyde who was on the wrong end a few times first time round.

Someone will no doubt provide the answer.

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's a good question.

I certainly remember a few against Clyde both home and away.

It might come down to clubs we shared a division with during both spells, or It might just be someone, like Clyde who was on the wrong end a few times first time round.

Someone will no doubt provide the answer.

I like a challenge. Give me half an hour......

Ok then here's your answers:

Derek Lyle (117 goals)

9 - Dumbarton
7 - Alloa Athletic, Falkirk, Morton
6 - Cowdenbeath, Livingston
5 - Airdrieonians, Annan Athletic, Brechin City, Ross County
4 - Albion Rovers, Arbroath, Ayr United, Hamilton Academical, Raith Rovers, Rangers, St Mirren, Stranraer
3 - Dundee, Forfar Athletic, Stenhousemuir
2 - Dundee United, Elgin City, Montrose, St Johnstone
1 - Berwick Rangers, Brora Rangers, Dunfermline Athletic, East Fife, Partick Thistle, Spartans

So Dumbarton is the answer to the question with 9 goals, 2 clear of anyone else. He has scored just one hat trick for us which came against Annan Athletic. He has scored two hat tricks for us, one at home to Annan Athletic and one away to Cowdenbeath. Surprisingly his 100th goal v Dunfermline was his only one to date against them.

(Edited because although I included the goals in the total I missed noting a hat trick at Cowdenbeath. Thanks to Colin Johnstone for pointing out the error. )

Stephen Dobbie (100 goals)

10 - Clyde
9 - Falkirk
7 - St Johnstone
6 - Dundee, Partick Thistle
5 - Dunfermline Athletic, Livingston, St Mirren
4 - Airdrieonians, Hamilton Academical, Morton, Stenhousemuir
3 - Ayr United, Dundee United, Montrose, Raith Rovers
2 - Alloa Athletic, Berwick Rangers, Dumbarton, Gretna, Peterhead, Ross County, Stirling Albion
1 - Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath, Hibernian, Linfield, Linlithgow Rose

So Clyde is indeed the answer to the question currently, though it might not be next week! He hasn't played against Clyde since returning to us so he actually had 10 of the 55 goals from the first spell against the one team, and another 7 in that first spell against St Johnstone and 6 each against Dundee and Thistle. 29 of his 55 came against just 4 clubs.  We never played Falkirk in his first spell. 9 of his 45 in the 2nd spell have come against Falkirk which is comfortably the biggest since his return.

He has scored 4 hat tricks to date, three away from home to Morton, Falkirk & Dunfermline and one at Palmerston, a Clyde game he actually got 4 in.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ok then here's your answers:

Derek Lyle (117 goals)

9 - Dumbarton
7 - Alloa Athletic, Falkirk, Morton
6 - Cowdenbeath, Livingston
5 - Airdrieonians, Annan Athletic, Brechin City, Ross County
4 - Albion Rovers, Arbroath, Ayr United, Hamilton Academical, Raith Rovers, Rangers, St Mirren, Stranraer
3 - Dundee, Forfar Athletic, Stenhousemuir
2 - Dundee United, Elgin City, Montrose, St Johnstone
1 - Berwick Rangers, Brora Rangers, Dunfermline Athletic, East Fife, Partick Thistle, Spartans

So Dumbarton is the answer to the question with 9 goals, 2 clear of anyone else. He has scored just one hat trick for us which came against Annan Athletic. Surprisingly his 100th goal v Dunfermline was his only one to date against them.

Stephen Dobbie (100 goals)

10 - Clyde
9 - Falkirk
7 - St Johnstone
6 - Dundee, Partick Thistle
5 - Dunfermline Athletic, Livingston, St Mirren
4 - Airdrieonians, Hamilton Academical, Morton, Stenhousemuir
3 - Ayr United, Dundee United, Montrose, Raith Rovers
2 - Alloa Athletic, Berwick Rangers, Dumbarton, Gretna, Peterhead, Ross County, Stirling Albion
1 - Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath, Hibernian, Linfield, Linlithgow Rose

So Clyde is indeed the answer to the question currently, though it might not be next week! He hasn't played against Clyde since returning to us so he actually had 10 of the 55 goals from the first spell against the one team, and another 7 in that first spell against St Johnstone and 6 each against Dundee and Thistle. 29 of his 55 came against just 4 clubs.  We never played Falkirk in his first spell. 9 of his 45 in the 2nd spell have come against Falkirk which is comfortably the biggest since his return.

He has scored 4 hat tricks to date, three away from home to Morton, Falkirk & Dunfermline and one at Palmerston, a Clyde game he actually got 4 in.

Magnificent work as ever.

I can't help suspecting however, that a degree of cheating might have been involved.