The Queen of the South thread

I've not seen either goal again apart from 'live' but weren't the first goal yesterday and Montrose's almost identical - a deep ball into the box that defenders didn't cover ? Could a keeper have claimed both balls?

Very similar. Rooney ballsed it up on Tuesday and Fordyce left his man wide open this time. As I said earlier I'll need to see it again to see if Martin was at fault.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

They do cool babygrows and will personalise them as well. I also got a replica top for 6 month old but it was last years so not sure if they have one that small this year.

In absolutely no way am I defending GN or his completely wrong set-up/tactics yesterday. It was woeful and never looked like working but the first 2 goals we conceded had nothing to do with that so I can imagine him beimg frustrated about that. He got it wrong with a rubbish set-up but he can't be faulted for his players getting the basics wrong.

I didn't realise they did them that young. Is it on the website/club shop

I didn't realise they did them that young. Is it on the website/club shop

I've not been on the website for a while but there wasn't much on it the last time I was. The shop stocks the babygrows and wee hats though. As I say, I'm not sure how small this years top is though.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've not been on the website for a while but there wasn't much on it the last time I was. The shop stocks the babygrows and wee hats though. As I say, I'm not sure how small this years top is though.

How much did you pay for last years for your kid? 

Football should be about entertainment as much as winning so by playing as we are the minute results don't go our way the manager will be very open to criticism. The football we are watching is at the point where it could be called boring. The start of the 2nd half against Livi saw us continue with the long ball but at least it was high energy stuff. Most of the time we play the long ball and show not much effort Not a good combination. The continual rotation and dropping of certain players after 1 bad game also isn't doing any favours! Would be nice to see Kane, Stirling, Dykes and Murray get continued spells in the team just to see if they can get some momentum. Dobbie I hate to say it has been awful this season yet seems immune from criticism and very rarely gets punished as much as others. I totally agree cm is our weak area with 2 identikit players playing there and our backup Tapping being a similar but worse player to the 2. Thomson would really help and I like the idea of Faddy playing there. Hes still got the legs to play there and he impressed me against TNS when he was deployed in that position. Would try it out against Dumbarton. Unfortunately for Scottish football its not just us that employ these old school hoof ball tactics, infact most teams do which again makes the games even less entertaining as a spectacle. Sometimes when your team gets outplayed you can at least enjoy the quality of some of the other teams play, but this season I can honestly say I haven't seen a good footballing team. 

Football should be about entertainment as much as winning so by playing as we are the minute results don't go our way the manager will be very open to criticism. The football we are watching is at the point where it could be called boring. The start of the 2nd half against Livi saw us continue with the long ball but at least it was high energy stuff. Most of the time we play the long ball and show not much effort Not a good combination. The continual rotation and dropping of certain players after 1 bad game also isn't doing any favours! Would be nice to see Kane, Stirling, Dykes and Murray get continued spells in the team just to see if they can get some momentum. Dobbie I hate to say it has been awful this season yet seems immune from criticism and very rarely gets punished as much as others. I totally agree cm is our weak area with 2 identikit players playing there and our backup Tapping being a similar but worse player to the 2. Thomson would really help and I like the idea of Faddy playing there. Hes still got the legs to play there and he impressed me against TNS when he was deployed in that position. Would try it out against Dumbarton. Unfortunately for Scottish football its not just us that employ these old school hoof ball tactics, infact most teams do which again makes the games even less entertaining as a spectacle. Sometimes when your team gets outplayed you can at least enjoy the quality of some of the other teams play, but this season I can honestly say I haven't seen a good footballing team. 

Does the fact Dobbie has looked poor not speak volumes? There is no arguing he's the best striker in this division yet he looks bang average just now. I don't put that down to Dobbie, I put it down to how poor we really are.

I commented on the way out on Saturday that we have two strikers in Lyle and Dobbie that would arguably walk into any other side in this division yet how many clear chances did they have at the weekend? If they had any good goalscoring opportunities it was after I left.

Neither Lyle or Dobbie are strikers who will drop to create their own chances. Dobbie has been trying to do this recently as he is receiving absolutely no service. He then loses it and receives pelters.

It's borderline shameful how powderpuff we are up front just now but if we aren't creating chances how can they be expected to put them away?

Looking at the points earned solely by the strikers (what we actually got vs the points we would have got had they not scored) their goals have added 10 points.

(3 games were draws turned into wins, 1 defeat turned into into win and 1 defeat into draw 2+2+2+3+1)

Looking at points earned solely by the defenders, their goals have added 6 points.

(3 draws into wins 2+2+2).  So, without those goals we would be on 15, the same points as Dumbarton because they would have 1 more.

Overall, the strikers have scored 12 goals, defenders have scored 7 and midfielders have scored 2.

It is perhaps surprising in a squad containing Dobbie, Lyle, Kane, Dykes, McFadden and Stirling, that the defenders have scored half as many goals as the strikers and midfield combined.  Or, put another way, Dobbie, Lyle and Kane have scored 10 goals. Fordyce, Kerr and Brownlie have scored 7.

Edited to fix adding.

Eta if you take Brechin and Falkirk out of the results, we have scored 8 goals in 9 games v the others. The strikers have scored 3, midfield 1 and defenders 4. 9 points from those 9 games.

Edited by Flash

It's got to the point I grudge paying the money to get into Palmerston. There's hardly any football on show, the balls forever lumped up the field and there is no fight or dig in the team whatsoever. If we got beat 2 or 3 nil but actually showed some guts in the game I wouldn't be so disheartened but there's nothing. 

It's no even worth paying the money just to see Dobbie anymore because he's been very poor. 

Dobbie Is wasted in midfield he has to play upfront where he can cause chaos from inside and around the box, in midfield the game bypasses him continually with the new long ball tactic get back to playing the ball on the ground we have the players that suits that style.