The Queen of the South thread

I think this must be our 10th year of being full time. What a great 10 years it has been. 
Just hope we can remain full time for the next 10 years. 
Fingers crossed.

We were full time in the cup final year, and I think more or less the year before as well, so this is our 11th or 12th season depending on where you start.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

We were full time in the cup final year, and I think more or less the year before as well, so this is our 11th or 12th season depending on where you start.

Properly full time this is our 11th season starting from 07/08 although that squad still had John O'Neill and I think Stephen Grindlay who were part time.

The second half of the 06/07 season we operated a hybrid model of two mornings and two evenings a week but still had 4 or 5 part timers who only managed the evening sessions. 

Get a fucking grip. That was our first defeat in nine.

We’re not exactly Barcelona but let’s save the doom and gloom until there is something to be gloomy about.

Two points off 4th with a game in hand and into the next round of the cup. We’ve had worse weeks.

We are a poor side ,with a manager who is inept to say the least . More or less what was expected today .No pace,no guile,no idea .

Hard to disagree.

We have some decent players but I am far from convinced about our Manager. To be fair he has a decent eye for a player but any Manager who accepts hoofball as the way forward is not going to do any better than mid table. You only need to watch us trying to see out a game when we are leading with a few minutes to go. Sit deeper and deeper, give possession away cheaply by launching long balls and generally inviting trouble.

Tellingly the Manager has had more than enough time to create a proper footballing framework that could take us forward but I just don't think he knows how to innovate such a structure. Sure we will win games and have some good results but over the piece this style of play will not cut it.

Hard to disagree.

We have some decent players but I am far from convinced about our Manager. To be fair he has a decent eye for a player but any Manager who accepts hoofball as the way forward is not going to do any better than mid table. You only need to watch us trying to see out a game when we are leading with a few minutes to go. Sit deeper and deeper, give possession away cheaply by launching long balls and generally inviting trouble.

Tellingly the Manager has had more than enough time to create a proper footballing framework that could take us forward but I just don't think he knows how to innovate such a structure. Sure we will win games and have some good results but over the piece this style of play will not cut it.

We have no pace in the team.No one gets up to support the strikers.The two central midfielders have no creativity .How Stirling doesnt get a run of games is a mystery .
Punt it and watch it and hope something happens .

Anyone know what's happening with the floodlights. It looks like they are becoming a communication centre of some sort. Maybe a new stream of income for queen's? Or something to do with the new housing scheme going up on our old piece of land?

Edited by Alan grey

Get a fucking grip. That was our first defeat in nine.

We’re not exactly Barcelona but let’s save the doom and gloom until there is something to be gloomy about.

Two points off 4th with a game in hand and into the next round of the cup. We’ve had worse weeks.

Wonderful stuff get the champagne out!