The Queen of the South thread

Kerr has played well and keeping him past January will be crusual to us pushing for a playoff place. The problem we have is that he's playing well while St Johnstone are leaking goals and could well call him back.

Theres a very strong chance we'll have a new manager in place come January, so both players could return.

On 16/11/2017 at 13:01, football maniac said:

Whats the script with wee Danny Carmichael? He was out warming up with the team in the Irn bru cup game against Montrose and was reportedly on the brink of a return, yet time has passed and he still remains out? Hopefully hes back soon! Incidentally Jesse Akubuine seemingly scored a screamer against Morton yesterday. Wouldn't mind seeing him given a wee run out occasionally instead of Tapping who I'm still trying to work out what his purpose is.

Very unlikely to play for Queens ever again. 

Quick question : just from a Montrose point of view what did you think of Montrose today? Before the game I personally thought queens would have won by 2 or 3  but we seem a very solid unit under Petrie.

Watched yous twice, been very impressed both times. The smaller park maybe suits yous with way yous set up but use what you can to your advantage. Surprised Watson started on bench as he was excellent last game up there. Dillon and Campbell two experienced players, know what there doing. Blonde headed fellow in midfield was decent, keeper has done well both games also. Don’t think yous will be far away from promotion from what we’ve seen.

13 hours ago, Momosupermo said:

Quick question : just from a Montrose point of view what did you think of Montrose today? Before the game I personally thought queens would have won by 2 or 3  but we seem a very solid unit under Petrie.

Montrose are a decent side. Some good experience in the side, well organised and play decent football.

As said in the cup thread i thought the  young number 4 in defence looked a good prospect. Good pace and composed.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Is there any reason why Queens have not been acredited with the SFA quality mark for increasing youth and community participation? Looking at the list of those clubs, schools etc. on the SFA's website for the South West region, I can't see any mention of QOS. 

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3207

Interesting to see that Annan Athletic are pressing ahead with fan ownership via a Community Benefit Scociety with the aim of becoming the first fully fan-owned club in Scotland. Some lessons maybe for the various Supporters Groups and the Directors of Queens. There must be some scope for Queens and Annan working together on community engagement  for the benefit of the wider public in D&G, particularly youth interaction and involvement.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=17399&newsCategoryID=1

1 hour ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Is there any reason why Queens have not been acredited with the SFA quality mark for increasing youth and community participation? Looking at the list of those clubs, schools etc. on the SFA's website for the South West region, I can't see any mention of QOS. 

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3207

Well, yes. The very obvious reason that Queen of the South are part of Club Academy and are audited to higher youth standards by the SFA through that. The Quality Mark thing is for clubs outwith Club Academy, mostly local youth clubs, though there's clearly nothing stopping senior clubs without a Club Academy programme like Annan getting involved.