The Queen of the South thread

Is MT seriously claiming that us taking a large, vocal support is anything other than a good thing?

Please, football doesn’t need these frivolous things like atmosphere, colour and entertainment. Now let’s sit in solemn silence whilst having a cool glass of Turnip Juice.

3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Is MT seriously claiming that us taking a large, vocal support is anything other than a good thing?

I think he is saying it makes no difference to the outcome of the match and he probably has a case, certainly where Queens are concerned. I wonder if there is any evidence to indicate that we’ve done any better when we have a relatively big away support compared with having not that many there?  Difficult thing to prove one way or another, I suppose. I’m sure we can all think of terrible performances and results when we’ve had relatively big supports at the likes of Ayr and Accies. And good ones when we’ve had not that many there. And vice versa.

Having a poor support didn’t seem to have much of an adverse effect on TNS. Unless it could be argued that they would have won in normal time if their support had been bigger and noisier.

I’m not advocating everybody staying at home or watching games in total silence. I just don’t think it makes that much difference to the result whether we have 50 fans or 500 there.

7 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Of course not.

It didn't seem to provide a significant boost to the team's performance on Sunday though, so it's a leap to say it being replicated elsewhere would definitely provide a massive boost.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Watched the game back last night on S4C from Sunday against TNS. 

I thought you guys played really well in spells. The game was very even and I was impressed with the hosts too. 

McFadden and Dobbie missed great chances and on another day, it'd be you guys in the semi-finals! 

It was a crazy penalty-shoot-out too! A great support by you guys, with all things considered. A lot of positive vibes coming from Dumfries at the moment; Naysmith is doing a good job and you guys won't be far away this tern. 

For anyone who's missed his post-match thoughts, I've got them on my website, here:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/14/gary-naysmith-baffled-after-fourth-official-didnt-know-rule-in-irn-bru-cup-quarter-final/

Hopefully advance to next round of the Scottish cup and give ourselves a bit more of a budget to work with in January. Who would everyone want though to cut away and who to bring in and keep. I not sold on Scott Mercer or Kane from what I have seen. But I certainly hope we can hang on to Kerr for another 6 months. Will certainly benefit him to keep playing regular football and against decent league opposition. Most of the squad I am happy with and I include Tapping and Dykes in that. I know they are not everyone's preferred squad members however I think they do enough to warrant staying in the team and do have a really good game from time to time. Maybe not enough good games but for me they do enough. 

Thoughts?

7 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Hopefully advance to next round of the Scottish cup and give ourselves a bit more of a budget to work with in January. Who would everyone want though to cut away and who to bring in and keep. I not sold on Scott Mercer or Kane from what I have seen. But I certainly hope we can hang on to Kerr for another 6 months. Will certainly benefit him to keep playing regular football and against decent league opposition. Most of the squad I am happy with and I include Tapping and Dykes in that. I know they are not everyone's preferred squad members however I think they do enough to warrant staying in the team and do have a really good game from time to time. Maybe not enough good games but for me they do enough. 

Thoughts?

Could we get any better than Kane on loan I don't think so.

I would keep both Kerr and Kane .

I would keep McFadden till the end of the season as well .Would be good to get Joe Thomson back on loan that would complete the squad we need goals from midfield

Kerr has played well and keeping him past January will be crusual to us pushing for a playoff place. The problem we have is that he's playing well while St Johnstone are leaking goals and could well call him back.

No mention of Queens or D&G in the SFA Project Brave report into Youth Academies.
Where are Queens currently in regards to this? Skyline?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41997062

Its the usual SFA carve up .
There is no regard to Dumfries and Galloway and the Borders .Central belt and all the big clubs looked after .
Its what you would expect from those numpties .They really couldn't run a raffle/cup draw , and are not fit for purpose .

4 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Queens do not even get a mention in project brave.Is there something not right with our youth set up take it you get funding if in project brave..

Can Skyline explain all what it means ?

There's a thread on it on the top flight board.

From what I understand, the criteria are pitched at a level that would be utterly unrealistic for Queens.

This is not intended for the likes of us.

58 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

From what I understand, the criteria are pitched at a level that would be utterly unrealistic for Queens.

Except clubs far smaller than us have a seatbelt at the table via Fife Elite and Forth Valley academy models? 

Surely something that needs to be considered with Annan and Stranraer?

Queens do not even get a mention in project brave.Is there something not right with our youth set up take it you get funding if in project brave..
Can Skyline explain all what it means ?

Not sure if he has access to t'internet now he's under house arrest

17 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

No mention of Queens or D&G in the SFA Project Brave report into Youth Academies.

Where are Queens currently in regards to this? Skyline?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41997062

13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

We'll be in the 'Advanced Youth' Level one below the 'Performance Level' Dundee, Queen's Park and Morton are at. No idea why the SFA have missed that level off their press release. As MT says, the criteria for Project Brave are way, way out of our reach. Far bigger clubs than us have conceded it's not realistic. We were on the bottom level of the Club Academy ladder too. It doesn't stop us actually producing the odd decent player. It's all a bit up in the air at the moment until we see how it's all going to work but I don't think anything will fundamentally change for us. As far as I know we'll be running the same three age level squads we currently do and our youth funding levels are guaranteed for the next few years.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Whats the script with wee Danny Carmichael? He was out warming up with the team in the Irn bru cup game against Montrose and was reportedly on the brink of a return, yet time has passed and he still remains out? Hopefully hes back soon! Incidentally Jesse Akubuine seemingly scored a screamer against Morton yesterday. Wouldn't mind seeing him given a wee run out occasionally instead of Tapping who I'm still trying to work out what his purpose is.