The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Talk of "must win" in the match thread Vs Morton and now talk of player of the season. Some folk can't wait for this season to end it appears emoji38.png

Queens winning on Sat has got them right up there just 2 points from the top   .Player of the season so far has to be Dobbie as per normal even when he is not scoring goals he works so hard for the team .

14 hours ago, DUMFRIES_CREW said:

How do you know. You only watch home game

14 hours ago, DUMFRIES_CREW said:

How do you know. You only watch home games

I see what you post on  here to see how they played in away games .

Do you think if Jason Kerr does not get a start for the under 21s on Friday he will be available for us on Sunday .

He appears to be highly rated right now. I've not made it to a fair few games recently so am not best placed to judge but in the games I've seen him he's looked solid enough. He has chipped in with 2 or 3 goals so far as well. I think his loan expires in January and I'm sure everyone will be hoping Saints allow the extension.

His chances of staying will likely be high. Maybe don't overly care but there's only one CB spot left to fight for, and Steven Anderson is in possession so far. We've two for back so I doubt we'll see the benefit of bringing him back to our bench. We've a history of trying to leave players for a full season of regular games if we can.

No idea about Kane, as we're seemingly close to signing a striker in January.

His chances of staying will likely be high. Maybe don't overly care but there's only one CB spot left to fight for, and Steven Anderson is in possession so far. We've two for back so I doubt we'll see the benefit of bringing him back to our bench. We've a history of trying to leave players for a full season of regular games if we can.

Good to hear. At this stage I wonder if we'll even ask for for Kane's to be extended. It doesn't seem to be going well for him. I'd like him to have a decent run of games first which hasn't happened so far.

Kerr looks a great prospect, we should be doing everything we can to keep hold of him, and I'm sure we will/are.

Chris Kane certainly isn't the solution to St Johnstone's well reported goal drought.  He works hard and links play well enough, but he couldn't score in a barrel of fannys.  He's rightly behind Dobbie, Lyle and Dykes in the pecking order, and to be honest I'd rather see Ross Fergusson given game time ahead of Kane.  I'd rather we developed our own player, than one who likely won't be here beyond January.

It's a shame it hasn't worked out as he appeared, on paper, to be an exciting signing.

I’d be delighted if Kerr’s loan was extended for rest of season, I’d have thought you’s would want to have him back, but in long run playing for another 6 month is going to benefit him greater.

Personally I’d keep Kane, aye he’s not scored a great deal but I think he adds something, very good on the ball. He could do with a run of games, but Dobbie and Dykes doing well currently with Tan man being the first option of the bench it’s hard for him to get a look in since his injury. He’s certainly not a bad option to have.

Being honest if we can keep in the mix till January, I’d say if we were to add to an option in middle of park(joe Thomson) and a winger we’d be in good nick for last half of season, the need for them may be more important than extending Kanes loan deal. Not that Jacobs or Rankin are doing anything wrong more to give us a different option, and I’ve felt we were short of a winger in summer, im not convinced Carmichael will get over injury woes, Stirling not done much since signing. Murray and McFadden are doing okay at the moment though.

Kerr's loan has been a terrific move for both parties thus far. He largely looked a cut above a lot of the defenders in this division so far,  certainly in our team, the most composed player that isn't called Stephen Dobbie on the ball.  Despite the criticism received on here when it happened, the decision to punt Dowie and Higgins has largely been justified so far. The back four defend corners better and actually look like scoring from them too which hasn't been the case since Durnan left. Martin has largely been protected which hopefully can build his confidence back up

Fortunately for us he's probably needing a full season at this level to iron out the little mistakes that would get punished in a better league like the odd slip here and there,  along with last week's penalty. But for 19, he's certainly the brightest defensive prospect i've seen in a while.

Kane, you can take it or leave it really, he's a handy option to have but he isn't worth bringing back that strange midfield diamond/433 just to accommodate him or get ahead of Dykes/Lyle on form. Even Old Man Dobbie is doing a better job of closing down in the last fortnight with actual scoring as well. Personally I'd rather use a loan on a player that we will use more regularly like a winger seeing as Danny is presumably dead and McFadden probably won't last a full 90 or  be able to do a midweek double header. Alternatively a  central midfielder that is better for breaking stuffy teams down than Rankin/Jacobs.

Edited by Sloop John B

4 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

Hopefully there are a couple of Everton loanees coming in January to reinforce our chances of winning the Championship.

When you look at the clubs Everton have loaned players to this season and last? 

This year they have 1 at a L1 side, 8 in the championship and 1 at Anderlecht. After that they seem happy to let the younger players play in the u23 league and develop that way. The youngest out on loan is a 1997 birthday, most of them have been around the fringes of first team as well. 

Same for last season as well, with many of the same players out on loan. 

Not convinced there is any chance of this happening.  Just doesn’t seem Everton’s policy to let the young players go out on loan. 

I see Ryan Mcguffie has retired. What a player, so commited and done massive amounts behind the scenes. His penalty against Rangers will live long in the memory.  I only met the guy a handful of times but such a gentlemen, also had a pair of his boots (the ones he scored that penalty with) and wore them for a while playing Sunday league haha. All the best in your future ventures Guff! 

Feel there is a player there in Kane. Hes just had a succession of bad luck with injury and some bad misses but Ive seen enough to know he can play.  Wouldn't be adverse to keeping him till season end, but St Johnstone may well be. The thing which may play in our favour is I think he has featured for both us and them so cant go out on loan elsewhere

25 minutes ago, football maniac said:

Feel there is a player there in Kane.

There is but for whatever reason he's obviously struggling at the moment. I thought he'd do well. The whole point of the loan was for him to play every week but if that isn't happening, he'll be back at Saints in January.