The Queen of the South thread

He's got plenty of time. That fake tan he uses has basically pickled his body and is slowing the aging process.

Confirms in his interview what most of us thought, that this is his last season but what a superb attitude he has. Really hope he gets second place on our top goalscorer charts, deserves it... legend

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Chisholm has been earning a pretty penny at Sunderland as their Head of Youth development since 2012. He's toured places like South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Belgium, United States, Malta and Spain.

He's an arsehole, but he's certainly got a luxurious job. He described it in a recent article as, 'They gave me a blank sheet of paper, and told me the job is what I want it to be. I can do what I want and go where I want.'

Jeez.

That's irritating news.

On 28/10/2017 at 07:45, Doonhamer doon south said:

Seen on the OS that there are pop up banners for season fixtures that are dotted round the town, and the match posters that are around the town and surrounding area. Just want to say big well done to those putting in the effort and those involved. I hope those efforts are rewarded with a noticeable increase in home attendances. 

Great work by everyone but just cant see us getting a increase in the home attendance.

We have a hard core of around 1200 fans we just can't seem to attract any more whatever we do .

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Probably explains why nothing is coming through at Sunderland I suppose.

There's 4/5  players who have came through the youth academy in and around the first team. 2 that are regularly in the starting 11. 

Also had 3 youth players playing in the under 21 European Championships. 

So they've done okay this calender year in regards to youth players coming through. 

There's 4/5  players who have came through the youth academy in and around the first team. 2 that are regularly in the starting 11. 
Also had 3 youth players playing in the under 21 European Championships. 
So they've done okay this calender year in regards to youth players coming through. 

Their current position would suggest it's not going too well for them :o

3 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Great work by everyone but just cant see us getting a increase in the home attendance.

We have a hard core of around 1200 fans we just can't seem to attract any more whatever we do .

Great work indeed and glad there are still people putting in energy to promote the club. However, I reckon anyone who wanted to know could find out when the fixtures are. Banners and the like should be promoting a positive image of the club somehow...taking a risk and talking about 'home grown boys', 'EPL-experience' and a photo of Dobbs, 'Naysmiths Men' and photos side-by-side of him in his Scotland jersey and him on our touchline. That sort of thing... give a new perspective to folk who are not currently attracted to the concept of a Queen of the South home game.

I am sure there are more creative folk who can come up with better ideas than me though!

Edited by Margaret Thatcher
Am never happy

Not aware that we have reached a Scottish Cup Final or played in Europe since Gordon Chisholm took us there although we have had some memorable, memorable moments since then.

Totally unjustified animosity towards a gentleman and fine football manager whose achievements are unlikely to be repeated.

Just because he chose to leave Dobbie out on occasion and the psychophants can't handle it !

Before anyone starts, I am not comparing directly Dobbie and Kean. 

In fact,  I remember when we signed Kean there was an over the top reaction from some just because he had Premier League experience.

I had to point out that he was not a natural finisher but a hard worker.

I guess Chisholm based his decisions on the team as a whole and what system he would be using.

A bit like Naysmith does with sacrificing Lyle  - natural and regular scorer ref. yesterday - for a carthorse like McFadden !

Or was it because he left for Dundee,  a much bigger Club than us and one that had special meaning to him - anyone in his position would have done the same.

I really get concerned about the nasty, petty,  small-minded attitude of some of our supporters.

The John O'Neill episode is probably the worst example of it.   A guy who came back to us and did very well.

This is their job/career and they have to do what they think is best for THEM not QOS.

I wish everyone who has been with us every success when they move on whoever and where-ever that might be.

1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Not aware that we have reached a Scottish Cup Final or played in Europe since Gordon Chisholm took us there although we have had some memorable, memorable moments since then.

Totally unjustified animosity towards a gentleman and fine football manager whose achievements are unlikely to be repeated.

Just because he chose to leave Dobbie out on occasion and the psychophants can't handle it !

Before anyone starts, I am not comparing directly Dobbie and Kean. 

In fact,  I remember when we signed Kean there was an over the top reaction from some just because he had Premier League experience.

I had to point out that he was not a natural finisher but a hard worker.

I guess Chisholm based his decisions on the team as a whole and what system he would be using.

A bit like Naysmith does with sacrificing Lyle  - natural and regular scorer ref. yesterday - for a carthorse like McFadden !

Or was it because he left for Dundee,  a much bigger Club than us and one that had special meaning to him - anyone in his position would have done the same.

I really get concerned about the nasty, petty,  small-minded attitude of some of our supporters.

The John O'Neill episode is probably the worst example of it.   A guy who came back to us and did very well.

This is their job/career and they have to do what they think is best for THEM not QOS.

I wish everyone who has been with us every success when they move on whoever and where-ever that might be.

The idea that we hold it against Chisholm for leaving is utterly laughable.

I was absolutely delighted by the ignorant recklessness of Dundee's board.  When they swooped for him, it felt a lot like the surgeon had removed the correct kidney, but I'd still somehow been awarded compensation.

7 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Put ideas across to the new SLO Committee. Fans want to see good product, a vision of where the club should be and commitment and passion on the field. By keeping in touch of the playoffs casual fans might wander back through the turnstiles. I see what your saying though but that shouldn't discourage the current effort being put in by the folk at the club and the volunteers as well.

3 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Great work indeed and glad there are still people putting in energy to promote the club. However, I reckon anyone who wanted to know could find out when the fixtures are. Banners and the like should be promoting a positive image of the club somehow...taking a risk and talking about 'home grown boys', 'EPL-experience' and a photo of Dobbs, 'Naysmiths Men' and photos side-by-side of him in his Scotland jersey and him on our touchline. That sort of thing... give a new perspective to folk who are not currently attracted to the concept of a Queen of the South home game.

I am sure there are more creative folk who can come up with better ideas than me though!

Same again put your ideas across to the guys on the committee, they hear you out. Your ideas might help attract new fans or encourage fans back. Wild hope I know but you never know. 

Gordon Chisholm had such a special feeling for Dundee that he voted to have us liquidated. Only him and Dodds did this and that includes all the small businesses that unfortunately lost out.

He's also not a gentleman, he alienated half the squad when he took over from Jocky and players have admitted such afterwards that he had no people skills and regularly treated people like children.

He also was an abysmal manager who tried to convert Leigh Griffiths into a winger to allow Njazi Kuqi to 'flourish'. He had a decent eye for a player but didn't know how to use them. And despite him being unfortunate in his time at Dens - his decision making even when he had it 'good' was utterly insipid.

There's good reason he's known as one of our worst ever managers alongside Kernaghan and Dave 'Coco the Clown' Smith.

I don't rate Naysmith as a Manager.

I haven't seen anything so far to make me change my mind.

Obviously, pleased to win and take all 3 points yesterday but, the last 20 mins apart, the football was unattractive.

The usual ' boot it up ' to Dykes and scrap for second balls was the order of the day - our players are better than that.

Falkirk played by far the better football and were good to watch - reminded me of how we used to play prior  to last season.

Patient, intelligent build-up, pacy out wide and fizzing crosses into the box.

I think everyone, including our own Manager admits we were lucky to be ahead at HT.

7 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Falkirk played by far the better football and were good to watch - reminded me of how we used to play prior  to last season.

I think everyone, including our own Manager admits we were lucky to be ahead at HT.

And everyone, including pretty much every Falkirk fan who has posted, has agreed we battered them second half and could easily have been 5 or 6 up before the last 5 mins so that's more than a little selective.

I didnt see Falkirk playing any better football than us yesterday. 

I do agree however that I have never really understood the bad press Gordon Chisholm (& Jim McIntyre for that matter) get from our fans.