The Queen of the South thread

29 minutes ago, The Caul Back said:

How bad is Faddys injury? And any news on Danny Carmichael

Looked a bad injury for Marshall on Sat as well.On crutches after the game.Faddy injury is his hamstring can't take any chances with that

Carmuchaeland Kane are suppose to start training this week

51 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Looked a bad injury for Marshall on Sat as well.On crutches after the game.Faddy injury is his hamstring can't take any chances with that

Carmuchaeland Kane are suppose to start training this week

Jordan worries me most of all. 

Absolutely.
Would have brought much more to the team than McFadden.
Funnily enough stumbled upon a Sheffield Utd v Swindon play-off match from 2015 the other night which included 2 wonderful crosses from Bob that resulted in 2 goals,
Glad to be reminded what a wonderful delivery he has.

Aw so it's bad management for us to sign a 30+ injury prone forward but also bad management for us not to sign a 30+ injury prone left back. I understand.

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye, mainly because it'll likely mean Mercer comes in.

A back line with no Ker or Marshall will certainly buoy up Falkirk’s hopes of getting revenge for the 4-1 drubbing. They’ll be a different prospect under Hartley. 

Thought I'd pop in and see how Jason Kerr is doing. Noticed he went from goalscoring hero to boxer in the last game?

I know Kane won't ever make it, but we've high hopes for Kerr and it's good to see he's getting game time in the Championship as it's a tough league to cut your teeth in. He also seems to have a habit of scoring, is it from set pieces or is he a silky finisher? Cause we're crap at set pieces and could do with some more threats.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Thought I'd pop in and see how Jason Kerr is doing. Noticed he went from goalscoring hero to boxer in the last game?

I know Kane won't ever make it, but we've high hopes for Kerr and it's good to see he's getting game time in the Championship as it's a tough league to cut your teeth in. He also seems to have a habit of scoring, is it from set pieces or is he a silky finisher? Cause we're crap at set pieces and could do with some more threats.

He did nothing. I'm very hopeful we'll win the appeal on that.

All his goals have been from set pieces but Saturday's was from a second ball after the initial corner was cleared, firing in a loose ball in the box. I think the others were all headers. Kerr's been terrific to be honest. I hope we're able to keep him longer.

I spoke with Callum Fordyce a few weeks ago. It is brilliant to see him back playing regularly and enjoying life again.  How have you guys found him? He was excellent at RB against us a few weeks back. 

Here's Dycey's thoughts on his time in Dumfries so far:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/25/fordyce-fighting-fit/

16 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

I spoke with Callum Fordyce a few weeks ago. It is brilliant to see him back playing regularly and enjoying life again.  How have you guys found him? He was excellent at RB against us a few weeks back. 

Here's Dycey's thoughts on his time in Dumfries so far:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/25/fordyce-fighting-fit/

By all accounts he's not the only one to flourish having moved away from Dunfermline.  With regular first team football comes confidence match fitness, sharpness etc then there's the most important thing of confidence which when you put them all together produces better performances.

2 minutes ago, Hawk said:

By all accounts he's not the only one to flourish having moved away from Dunfermline.  With regular first team football comes confidence match fitness, sharpness etc then there's the most important thing of confidence which when you put them all together produces better performances.

He looked excellent for us until his leg break and I think last year was just too much too soon for him. I'm glad to see he's doing well. He's a great guy and will go far in the game if he continues improving. 

Jordan worries me most of all. 

No question about that. Jordan puts in tremendous effort week in week out and is the one natural left footer who goes on the outside. Personally I would play Rankine at LB and bring in Tapping at CM.

If Kerr is eligible for Sat the other option is Rooney at RB and Fordyce at LB. I don't see why that is a non starter - it is not as if Mercer is accomplished on his left peg.

There's also plenty players who have flourished at Dunfermline, you were just utterly shite Gavin, hard lines brer.

Stupid question I know but it states the capacity of Tns ground is 2034 of which 1034 is seated. Could this low number be a potential issue? seems we are bringing a fair number down and the game might whet the appetite of their fans too so just putting it out there

Unless you are taking about 1700 then I doubt it. Their average attendance last season was 261.

Unless you are taking about 1700 then I doubt it. Their average attendance last season was 261.

This is their biggest match since they played Liverpool in the 2005-2006 Champions League. Should be moved to a bigger stadium imho.