The Queen of the South thread

6 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Unfortunately the introduction of pellets is very reminiscent of what Alloa did in respect of their pitch when it was widely criticised as the worst of its kind in Scotland. Sadly I think we are strong contenders for that unwanted title. I have no doubt that our extremely poor home form over past two seasons is not helped by a pitch that is a huge leveller.

I played on the pitch not long after it was laid and there was pellets then. Looks like for some reason or another there's been more laid. 

I conducted an interview with Dougie Anderson prior to the Dunfermline match on Saturday looking back at the opening stages of the season. You can hear his thoughts here: https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/18/dougie-anderson-qos-update/

Maybe it should be 5 points better off now after the Pars result?

Edited by dafcburty

3 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

I done an interview with Dougie Anderson prior to the Dunfermline match on Saturday looking back at the opening stages of the season. You can hear his thoughts here: https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/18/dougie-anderson-qos-update/

Maybe it should be 5 points better off now after the Pars result?

^Scottish football journalist

6 minutes ago, football maniac said:

How did the 20s with players with 1st team experience get on last night? Nothing on the official site about the outcome

I wasn't there and will post some detail of the match on the OS when someone lets me know it. However, as wrb said we won 1-0 with an early Shaun Rooney goal from Andy Stirling's corner I believe.

I think the team was Leighfield, Rooney, Mercer, Uphill, Harvey, Bell, Akubuine, Stirling, Tapping, Tremble & Fergusson.

29 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

Only tend to get updates on the OS if they win, so you may be lucky this week!

Thats more a coincidence than true. There tends to be a report on tbe OS if I am at the game. I dont go to away games and see home games now and again if they are Tuesdays. I wasnt there last night though and wasn't at the Stranraer game we lost the week before either. If someone sends me info on games I am not at I will publish it but that doesnt happen often.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Thats more a coincidence than true. There tends to be a report on tbe OS if I am at the game. I dont go to away games and see home games now and again if they are Tuesdays. I wasnt there last night though and wasn't at the Stranraer game we lost the week before either. If someone sends me info on games I am not at I will publish it but that doesnt happen often.

Is it too much to ask for someone to seek out the result and post it on the official site? Easy enough to find, but just seems to the untrained eye that only wins are reported.

2 hours ago, Brother Grimm said:

Is it too much to ask for someone to seek out the result and post it on the official site? Easy enough to find, but just seems to the untrained eye that only wins are reported.

Thats a fair criticism. It would be easy to post the results alone. I just tend not to unless there is any detail to add to it. As you say the results themselves are pretty much always on the SPFL site next morning but I will try to post them on our site too even when there are no other details available.

We are honestly not avoiding reporting losses though. It just depends if I am there or not. If I was there and we lost it would be reported.

Edited to add: I have added the bare facts I know to the OS.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I know the game last Saturday wasn`t great but not sure we can assume the next Dunfermline game will be as bad. Either way our official site is already showing the score for the game on 09/12/17 as 0-0. :lol:

A Sat, 9 Dec 3:00 PM Dunfermline Athletic Ladbrokes Championship 0 0

Decent away point that.