The Queen of the South thread

Have to say having watched the video I’m still not convinced we’ve got the full story re Martins “injury”. There’s been nothing specific and if I had to guess I’d say he wasn’t fit before we signed him and someone somewhere doesn’t want to admit it. I’m also in the camp that doesn’t understand why we couldn’t have played Robinson but clearly that ship had sailed by then. I agree it looks like a shambles from the outside.

He played through injury quite a bit last season with us I believe. So that is quite possible. It's maybe taken longer to clear up than it should have?

Some people exaggerating a bit here. It isn’t a “shambles” to play your first choice keeper with a slight injury ahead of your reserve (u20s only recently) keeper.

But I do agree with the sentiment. it is the wrong decision when Leighfield has actually done well. Also, it’s unacceptable, injury or not, to be carrying weight. Your a professional footballer for gods sake. He said he was relishing full time football, maybe been relishing something else a bit too much. He should be on a strict diet and doing whatever light exercise he can to keep the weight off!

1 hour ago, BIGdavieT said:

Some people exaggerating a bit here. It isn’t a “shambles” to play your first choice keeper with a slight injury ahead of your reserve (u20s only recently) keeper.

What is the injury?

3 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:

Some people paraphrasing a bit here....

slight injury +/- unfit first choice keeper. Let fit but out of favour second choice keeper go while in full knowledge that your remaining u20  keeper isnt up to championship speed yet = appearance of shambles from the outside.

It was wrong to play an injured goalkeeper, whilst having two fit keepers available. It was wrong to sign James McFadden on what he had done in the past and also because he is a good buddy of  Naysmith.  So far Carmichael has been another dodgy signing and I'm not sure our manager is the man to take our team forward. 

I've a feeling Kilmarnock may be interested in Naysmith after a radio interview tonight with one of Killie's Directors. (Or maybe James Fowler)

That really would be win-win for me as I've £20 on Killie to go down. AJ was a long time ago Killie, Gaz is yer man.

Changing the subject to the other end of the pitch, I’ve had a look at the league stats for the 3 main strikers - Lyle, Kane and Dobbie.

Lyle is top scorer with 4 goals from 5 starts and 3 sub appearances. Total mins played = 480, so one goal every 120 mins. He has failed to score in 3 of the 5 games he has started.

Dobbie has 3 goals from 7 starts. Total mins played = 630, so 1 goal every 210 mins. However, all the goals came in one game and one was a penalty. Goals from open play = 1 every 315 mins. Dobbie has failed to score in 6 of the 7 games he has started - a total of 540 mins without a goal. 

Kane has no goals from 5 starts and 2 sub appearances. Total mins played = 394, which is just over 4 and one third games without a goal.

The questions are whether Kane will come good and whether Dobbie’s record is due to a drop in form this season or a change in role.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Changing the subject to the other end of the pitch, I’ve had a look at the league stats for the 3 main strikers - Lyle, Kane and Dobbie.

Lyle is top scorer with 4 goals from 5 starts and 3 sub appearances. Total mins played = 480, so one goal every 120 mins. He has failed to score in 3 of the 5 games he has started.

Dobbie has 3 goals from 7 starts. Total mins played = 630, so 1 goal every 210 mins. However, all the goals came in one game and one was a penalty. Goals from open play = 1 every 315 mins. Dobbie has failed to score in 6 of the 7 games he has started - a total of 540 mins without a goal. 

Kane has no goals from 5 starts and 2 sub appearances. Total mins played = 394, which is just over 4 and one third games without a goal.

The questions are whether Kane will come good and whether Dobbie’s record is due to a drop in form this season or a change in role.

On that basis,  Dobbie should be benched before Lyle.   In line with the Falkirk 'burst' he seems to go several games without scoring and then hits a few at once.  It seems he is selected for every game on the basis that the 'explosion' will happen sooner rather than later.

I was not impressed with Kane to start with but he has contributed more in recent games and provides the running and energy that Dobbie and Lyle cannot.

I have said numerous times before and still believe that our most potent partnership is Dobbie and Lyle and that they should start every game whilst acknowledging that we may need to change it during the course of a match.

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 00:16, Northfield 53 said:

There is one thing for sure Lee Robinson would not have left Queens without a decent payout .

As he would be fully entitled to as he was in a contract and - due to the Manager's attitude -  became surplus to requirements.

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:54, Come on queens said:

Robinson wasn't playing cause naysmith thought that he was shit and an arsehole, who was a disruptive figure in the dressing room

The Manager is entitled to his opinion about a players ability but I am 100% certain Robinson was not a disruptive influence.  He is one of the most laid back characters around and who has an undoubted affinity with QOS FC.   Higgins was treated in the same dismissive manner by Naysmith except it was easier to get rid of him as he was out of contract.

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 22:32, Brother Grimm said:

Robinson came across as a bumbling    Geordie simpleton yesterday on Soccer AM like his big pal @Besty

That's just pathetic and disrespectful to a Club legend as well as extremely derogatory and discriminatory to anyone residing in NE England.

Perhaps comments like this should be examined closely by those who monitor the site.

I have no grudges with robinson. He was the centre of disruption at the club he is now gone and I wish him well. 

As for those stats its a good job defenders are chipping in with goals. I think kane will come good. Give him a start against Montrose where there may be more opportunities than at championship rivals.