The Queen of the South thread

What an absolute shambles of a situation, with some really ridiculous decision making at the heart of it.

I could half understand it if Leighfield had been a bombscare in his limited appearances, but he was fine. Even if he had been shaky, a better alternative is surely to bring in an emergency loan until Martin recovers.

I’m really pissed off by this whole thing. Mainly because the situation is so damaging, yet so easily rectified.

Still no mention of him being injured in the OS match preview by the way.

11 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I`m reasonably happy for him to stay on. Thus far he`s talked the talk better than he`s walked the walk but happy for him to get more time.

He`d be better not coming out out with the stuff in the local rag today that the fans don`t realise that Martin has played when not fully fit. We get that he`s injured but just think it`s really dumb and unfair on the player to play him at this time.

Apart from the fact that most fans have speculated that Martin's lack of fitness is the reason for his shit performances, maybe the fans would realise that he isn't fully fit if the OS had said as much. But, of course, they won't want to give opposition clubs that information. Fair enough. Which then brings us back to the question - why is he playing if he can't move? The fact that he is injured excuses Naysmith from signing a dud. But it doesn't excuse him from picking a player who is contributing nothing and therefore weakening the team and therefore costing us points. If the manager can't see this, then he is an idiot.

Any goodwill Naysmith has built up is rapidly evaproating with this ridiculous situation.

19 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Naysmith would not play Martin if he was not fit.

He would never play anyone who does not train  .

Wonder if Martin and Brownie will play today both made mistakes last week 

Would think one of the squads three CB's will drop on to the bench today can see Rooney, Kerr, Fordyce & Marshall as the back four.

I note on the official site it says other than Carmichael and Ferguson everyone else is available for selection. I guess that`s not the same as saying everyone else is fully fit.

Edit to add i see Palmy_Cammy has alluded to this above.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Been carrying an injury all season and doesn’t train through the week .

Well nothing surprises me with GN as he's quite persistent with playing players out of position as well.
I don't care how young he is or inexperienced he is leighfield has to play if Martin isn't fit enough.

3 minutes ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

Just been told we paid Robinson 20k to F #*k Off and McFadden is paid a couple of hundred per appearance only

I heard 25K  and he could keep the car and £300 did faddo ,mmm

Edited by Besty