The Queen of the South thread

Got to laugh at the folk on this site wanting rid of Naysmith already. I'd be fascinated to know who they fancy as a replacement for him at this stage of the season,  Houston? Big Jim? Lee Robinson? Davy Irons? Rowan Alexander? Suggestions please.

The phrase that is constantly trotted out ........."football is a results driven business". To be fair when you look at Flash's stats covering GN's record against our key rivals it could hardly be worse.

When you throw in the lack of style in our play and the previous poor form of East Fife under his stewardship it is hardly a ringing endorsement.

I strongly believe that our squad is a bit behind DUFC (but not significantly) and very much on a par with our other play off contenders. The Manager is invariably the determining factor - after an encouraging start there are signs that last years failings are re-emerging.

You simply can't keep losing to your rivals and expect to deliver. Saturdays match is a huge game for us now and we surely have to go there with a positive game plan unlike Paisley. If we get a good win at Caley we might just kick on.

There are no shortage of unemployed Managers that I would take at Palmy but
Naysmith has built a potentially decent squad and he needs to find a way to start outperforming guys like Duffy, Johnston, Hopkin and Ross. That is the stark reality of his position. Many more defeats to top 5 rivals and Flash's dossier will be all the evidence required for BOD to look elsewhere.

PS If Jim McIntyre can get sacked on the back of his track record then it once again highlights the impossible expectations that the average manager faces.

Got to laugh at the folk on this site wanting rid of Naysmith already. I'd be fascinated to know who they fancy as a replacement for him at this stage of the season,  Houston? Big Jim? Lee Robinson? Davy Irons? Rowan Alexander? Suggestions please.

Lee Robinson[emoji16]. Oh please let that happen.

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd happily wave any compensation fees...

Dream on...it's not going to happen anytime soon. The only place Gary is going is Inverness on Friday/Saturday. As for taking a previous manager back, well I'm not so sure. Wasn't a fan of McIntyre, in common with many Queens fans, and he left us for something better (so he said in interviews when he moved). We've taken managers back before, Mike Jackson many moons ago for example, and they're rarely successful second time round. We've just got to hope that Gary can get the team back on track after two disappointing games.

8 hours ago, JessieField said:

Isn't it obvious Dobbie , he will without doubt manage the club in the future maybe now is the time , laugh at that one 

Edited by Besty

Former Queens youth, Chris Doig, seems to be doing well as assistant manager at Shrewsbury under the tutelage of Paul Hurst.

Future QoS manager maybe, assuming Queens could afford him and he was keen to return to Scotland? 

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

4 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Former Queens youth, Chris Doig, seems to be doing well as assistant manager at Shrewsbury under the tutelage of Paul Hurst.

Future QoS manager maybe, assuming Queens could afford him and he was keen to return to Scotland? 

Funnily enough I was speaking to his old man the other day about something else and meant to ask how Chris was doing. Mental note to oneself to ask next time.

Andy Thomson also getting some experience in as assistant to Scottish Women’s side...

Just a note on Scott mercer, went and watched the u20s the other night and although he played at left back in first half he just seemed negative in everything he done, once I the first half he went beyond McFadden and I can count on one hand how many forward passes he made in the full game. For someone who's is suppose to be a senior player, he certainly didn't look it.
On a positive note some of the younger boys looked really promising, Owen bell controlled the middle of the park and Connor Murray always looks good on the ball but was very impressed with our centre half, Daniel Harvie think it was, very commanding and never backed out a challenge(like brownlie did)

Just a note on Scott mercer, went and watched the u20s the other night and although he played at left back in first half he just seemed negative in everything he done, once I the first half he went beyond McFadden and I can count on one hand how many forward passes he made in the full game. For someone who's is suppose to be a senior player, he certainly didn't look it.
On a positive note some of the younger boys looked really promising, Owen bell controlled the middle of the park and Connor Murray always looks good on the ball but was very impressed with our centre half, Daniel Harvie think it was, very commanding and never backed out a challenge(like brownlie did)

Sad to say but Mercer signing has been a mistake - GN has obviously thought he had enough about him to make the step up but Marshall is miles ahead of him at LB and Rooney offers far more at RB. Very similar scenario to Scott Hooper - he will come in if there is an injury/suspension problem but fully expect him to be constantly on bench. To be fair better for him to move on at next window and get back playing at lower level.

6 hours ago, Stuart1 said:

How did McFadden look the other night did he look like he was getting  his match fitness back.

I think it will never come back at least we have only signed him till Jan.

How did McFadden look the other night did he look like he was getting  his match fitness back.
I think it will never come back at least we have only signed him till Jan.

You could certainly tell at times he isn't match fit and shouldn't be that far away but he is never going to be the player he once was..
Again I was more impressed with a few of the younger lads than the 2 senior player, in my opinion I would rather give Murray a game before McFadden as he has everything to prove were as McFadden doesn't unfortunately

4 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

I must be in the minority that want our manager to stay! 

Our fans can be really fickle at times.

I`m reasonably happy for him to stay on. Thus far he`s talked the talk better than he`s walked the walk but happy for him to get more time.

He`d be better not coming out out with the stuff in the local rag today that the fans don`t realise that Martin has played when not fully fit. We get that he`s injured but just think it`s really dumb and unfair on the player to play him at this time.