The Queen of the South thread

On 9/25/2017 at 11:59, overthetop said:

Manager under pressure 2 defeats could easily become 4 with ICT and Dunfermline to follow.

I gave Naysmith the benefit of the doubt at the start of the season. Rightly so in my opinion and the start to the league was good. But this is now his team and if we lose 4 on the bounce he deserves the criticism, especially if he continues to struggle to find his best 11. 

Dunfermline will be very tough but we should be targeting the points at ICT.

I agree our midfield is a bit lightweight but our squad is capable of competing with the top half in this division and top four is a realistic target. Anything less is failure in my eyes. And that is why the St Mirren game was so frustrating as we appeared to set up to stop them rather than focusing on our strengths and the expected weakness of the makeshift Saints defence. In his interview GN accepts that he set up wrongly so I just hope he learns from it.

As for McFadden he did look past it on Sunday but I will give him a bit more time. You can't sign a player simply because he was good in the past but his attitude seems spot on. With that much determination to get fit and his underlying ability I think he deserves a chance. The best thing about his performance in the U20s wasn't really the fact he scored 4 goals, it was just the good attitude he is showing. Overall I'm happy enough with the signing if he isn't taking a big wage. It also made sense to make it short term. I was angry that he came on ahead of Stirling but it was interesting to note the earlier poster on the performance of the two midweek in that U20s game.

Sorry BigdavieT the survey is closed it was in early June.

It was 'should colt teams / b teams be allowed into the Scottish league?'

793 took part on twitter. yes 23%, no 77%

On our Facebook page yes 1, no 20, not sure 2

Our record under Naysmith against top 5 teams (ones that finished in top 5 last season and current top 5 this season) is

Total played 17, won 2, drawn 6 lost 9 - twelve points out of 51.

Home played 7, won 2, drawn 1, lost 4 - seven points out of 21.

Away played 10, won 0, drawn 5, lost 5 - five points out of 30.

Our record against teams ranked 7th or lower is 

Total played 12, won 7, drawn 2, lost 3 - twenty three points out of 36.

Home played 7, won 3, drawn 1, lost 3 - ten points out of 21.

Away played 5, won 4, drawn 1, lost 0 - thirteen points out of 15.

Too soon to predict this season, but the early indications are that nothing much has changed from the overall position, with 1 point out of 12 against the top 5 we have played so far and 9 points out of 9 against 7th and lower.

Our record is probably exactly where our budget is - so probably not troubling the top 4 but good enough not to get dragged into the relegation battle, all done by pretty much beating the teams we should and losing to the teams we should, with very few "surprise" results either way.  

2 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Must have shone at the interview. Talks a good game.

Well not have had a interview yet.

Queens would have to give permission for Naysmith to talk to Falkirk that would be a quick call.

Will be amazed if Falkirk or anyone else wanted Naysmith 

8 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Well not have had a interview yet.

Queens would have to give permission for Naysmith to talk to Falkirk that would be a quick call.

Will be amazed if Falkirk or anyone else wanted Naysmith 

Wosh.