The Queen of the South thread

32 minutes ago, Mr X said:

What the f**k has that got to do with the post you quoted?

Payback time buddie, thick as a door post, yo cwould get  a warning for that bad language, Mr administrator , what an absolute numpty you are   not fit for the position 

15 hours ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

I'm not usually one to crictise a player before he's even had a start but I seriously don't see what he brings it just feels like naysmith signing a mate,He's certainly not the type of player we needed so why was funds not used for what we need:a ball playing centre mid

and I completely disagree if he is ahead of Stirling in the pecking order just because of what he has done in the past 

22 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Faddy is an easy target as no-one is especially convinced his signing was a good one. He was far from the worst yesterday, but everything he does will be under close scrutiny.

Questioning why he came on ahead of Stirling is a legitimate question though, but it’s a catch 22. Stirling is fit and ready to play so should really be above McFadden in the pecking order. However without cameos such as yesterday McFadden will never be match ready.

If you were at the under 20's game last week against Morton then you would know why Stirling wasn't ahead of Faddy. He was rotten and offered absolutely nothing. Looked uninterested, as did Rooney and short of confidence. I can't believe that Rooney started after his performance. He was blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes and was rank rotten. If they can't turn it on in a 20's game then that's a real problem. Faddy was the only one of the 1st teamers who showed any sort of quality and grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and his attitude was tremendous, scoring 4 goals into the bargain. Folk will say it was only a 20's game but if you don't play well in those games, you can't or shouldn't be expecting to start in the first team. 

12 minutes ago, Come on queens said:

If you were at the under 20's game last week against Morton then you would know why Stirling wasn't ahead of Faddy. He was rotten and offered absolutely nothing. Looked uninterested, as did Rooney and short of confidence. I can't believe that Rooney started after his performance. He was blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes and was rank rotten. If they can't turn it on in a 20's game then that's a real problem. Faddy was the only one of the 1st teamers who showed any sort of quality and grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and his attitude was tremendous, scoring 4 goals into the bargain. Folk will say it was only a 20's game but if you don't play well in those games, you can't or shouldn't be expecting to start in the first team. 

I'm not sure why you've picked my quote out when wanting to defend McFadden, I'm still in the "jury's out" camp whereas there are plenty of others who seem to have made their minds up that you could have chosen.

I tend to feel that performances for the first team are of more relevance than the u20s though when deciding who to pick for the first team.

40 minutes ago, Come on queens said:

I was at the 20's game, though granted only up to half time. I thought Rooney was the best player on the pitch.

I was merely using you're quote about Stirling being ahead of faddy  in the pecking order and giving my reasons why Stirling  wasn't put on before faddy at the weekend. For the guys who are on the bench for the first team, the way to show the manager that they should be in the team is to perform well in any game that they play. I was stating that after his performance for the 20's, compared to faddy's there was no way naysmith could have went with Stirling first

4 minutes ago, Come on queens said:

I hope you didn't, we were getting beat 4-1 at half time. 

4-2 actually but yes, I'm aware of that. Perhaps should rephrase. I thought he was our best player by a street in that time. I also spoke to people afterwards who stayed for the second half who thought he continued to be. The best player on the pitch in the first half was Scott Tiffoney, the Morton winger.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

The only players I care about performing well for the 20's are actual youngsters. I really couldn't care how many goals Faddy scored. Stirling's goal from the bench against Livi is far more important than 4/5/6 goals in the 20s.

The jury is out on Stirling but the other night I thought it was obvious his pace would have been handy against that defence.

On 9/21/2017 at 01:00, JTulip said:

In the huff??

In the 7 months since the AGM the Queens Trust has:

entered shirt draw, bought four queens season tickets, sponsored Danny Carmichael, sponsored 2 queens players towards their coaching badges, produced matchday posters, pay for matchday sign, sponsored local youth tournament, attended all slo meetings, attended supporters summit at Hampden, meet with SFSA, help QOS disabled supporters group with their bucket collection, held monthly meetings open to all Trust members, promoted Queens shirt draw, soccer camps, season tickets and all other things Queens related and we have added a Pinterest account to those regularly updated on Facebook, twitter and Instagram.

Edit:  we also carried out two surveys on the subject of colt teams. One with queens fans and one open to all fans with almost 800 people taking part.

I didn't see that survey, is it still open?