The Queen of the South thread

I see that Jim McIntyre has been sacked presumably for not getting that big highland giant Ross County into a more challenging position!!! Given what he has contributed that is a tough one to take.

Any chance of them taking GN and us getting McIntyre back?? You never know but Roy McGregor may favour a form of hoofball over a structured passing game.

I must be the only one who thinks the criticism of Faddy was way ott yesterday. Yes nothing much came off for him but he took up good dangerous positions and showed a few lovely touches. That cushioned lay off for the shot that led to Samson making a brilliant save was fabulous. I would rather have a player frequently involved and failing rather than someone who hides not touching the ball and escaping criticism. The subs certainly improved us and Kane has to start next week. Hes clearly getting sharper and is just what we needed. A guy to run in behind and work his socks off.

Faddy is an easy target as no-one is especially convinced his signing was a good one. He was far from the worst yesterday, but everything he does will be under close scrutiny.

Questioning why he came on ahead of Stirling is a legitimate question though, but it’s a catch 22. Stirling is fit and ready to play so should really be above McFadden in the pecking order. However without cameos such as yesterday McFadden will never be match ready.

Faddy is an easy target as no-one is especially convinced his signing was a good one. He was far from the worst yesterday, but everything he does will be under close scrutiny.

Questioning why he came on ahead of Stirling is a legitimate question though, but it’s a catch 22. Stirling is fit and ready to play so should really be above McFadden in the pecking order. However without cameos such as yesterday McFadden will never be match ready.

I think this is quite a fair post. I was and still am delighted with the McFadden signing. Disappointed in yesterday but then I didn't think he would be a league player. I thought he was gonna be generally cup games against lower league opposition. I didn't think he would feature at all against anyone worthy of top 4 as his lack of fitness and match sharpness would get found out.

I think this is quite a fair post. I was and still am delighted with the McFadden signing. Disappointed in yesterday but then I didn't think he would be a league player. I thought he was gonna be generally cup games against lower league opposition. I didn't think he would feature at all against anyone worthy of top 4 as his lack of fitness and match sharpness would get found out.

For me there were two problems with McFadden yesterday:
1 He tried to play everything as 1 touch football. No holding, no beating a man and then passing.
2 His first touch was poor.

30 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Why would we use a wage up on a player to play in diddy cup games against lower league sides but who wouldn`t feature at all against anyone worthy of top 4 i.e. the very top 4 we have ambitions to be in. Is that really what you are saying ?:o

17 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Why would we use a wage up on a player to play in diddy cup games against lower league sides but who wouldn`t feature at all against anyone worthy of top 4 i.e. the very top 4 we have ambitions to be in. Is that really what you are saying ?:o

Sort of but your looking at the  negative points only. I believe he been signed because he knows the manager well, he is a famous ex international and because it must of been seen as a gamble worth taking. I could see him playing against lower league opposition in the cups and maybe appear against Brechin and Dumbarton. But not to feature against the likes of united, st mirren, Dunfermline, Morton, Caley thistle or Falkirk especially at the fitness and match sharpness he is currently at. Its a short term deal which says he has maybe a dozen games at most to prove his value on the pitch. We don't know what his wages are. it could be based on number of appearances for all we know. He could well go on to prove everyone wrong and be valuable member of the squad. I dont think so but like i say you never know.

Perhaps his signing is more important off the pitch than on it. Its meant to generate interest in the club the fact he is playing for the club.  

39 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Sort of but your looking at the  negative points only. I believe he been signed because he knows the manager well, he is a famous ex international and because it must of been seen as a gamble worth taking. I could see him playing against lower league opposition in the cups and maybe appear against Brechin and Dumbarton. But not to feature against the likes of united, st mirren, Dunfermline, Morton, Caley thistle or Falkirk especially at the fitness and match sharpness he is currently at. Its a short term deal which says he has maybe a dozen games at most to prove his value on the pitch. We don't know what his wages are. it could be based on number of appearances for all we know. He could well go on to prove everyone wrong and be valuable member of the squad. I dont think so but like i say you never know.

Perhaps his signing is more important off the pitch than on it. Its meant to generate interest in the club the fact he is playing for the club.  

So a player who we would only play against 2 or perhaps 3 of the other 9 teams in the league. Yep I`ll hold my hand up to seeing a big negative in that.

I`m also not sure what exactly the benefit is of the "interest" him playing for us will generate. Absolutely get that he can, as GN stated, be a good experienced role model at the club for our younger players but surely Dobbie, Lyle and Rankin already do that.

Don`t get me wrong I`d love him to do well for us (absolutely loved the guy when he starred for Scotland) but sadly i just don`t see it. I`ll be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong.

So a player who we would only play against 2 or perhaps 3 of the other 9 teams in the league. Yep I`ll hold my hand up to seeing a big negative in that.
I`m also not sure what exactly the benefit is of the "interest" him playing for us will generate. Absolutely get that he can, as GN stated, be a good experienced role model at the club for our younger players but surely Dobbie, Lyle and Rankin already do that.
Don`t get me wrong I`d love him to do well for us (absolutely loved the guy when he starred for Scotland) but sadly i just don`t see it. I`ll be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong.

I'm not that wrong though am I. Would you want him playing against those top teams over someone like stirling. I don't. I would rather he plays against montrose or something like that and actually be competitive in his football. I do want him to be a success but I struggling to see it at the moment.

Just want us to be as successful a club as we possibly can be.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

2 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Sort of but your looking at the  negative points only. I believe he been signed because he knows the manager well, he is a famous ex international and because it must of been seen as a gamble worth taking. 

Sorry, are you saying the fact that he knows the manager and used to be good at football, are positive aspects of the signing?

I'm not that wrong though am I. Would you want him playing against those top teams over someone like stirling. I don't. I would rather he plays against montrose or something like that and actually be competitive in his football. I do want him to be a success but I struggling to see it at the moment.

Just want us to be as successful a club as we possibly can be.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Signing a player who would be unable to play against the best teams in the league would be a poor signing.

Sorry, are you saying the fact that he knows the manager and used to be good at football, are positive aspects of the signing?

No but I think it was a factor in his signing. The positive side of the signing is that he was a very good player and there may yet be something he can offer the club. Whether or not he is good enough to play for the club or continue playing professional football is up for debate I guess. As distant doonhamer said he was a very good player 10 years ago and maybe I blinded by what he has been rather than what he is.

Signing a player who would be unable to play against the best teams in the league would be a poor signing.

I saw him as a signing to provide cover and add depth to a small squad playing a number of games but not necessarily considered best starting 11. I see him as a player that is suitable for certain games in certain roles.

It may well turn out to be a poor signing but I trying to keep my opinion open that he could be a good signing at the moment.

5 hours ago, steakpiegravy said:

For me there were two problems with McFadden yesterday:
1 He tried to play everything as 1 touch football. No holding, no beating a man and then passing.
2 His first touch was poor.

Yes, I don't really see how his performance yesterday can be defended.

He always seems to want to try some clever flick thing and they're not coming off at all.  The one where he was in a good position late on was ridiculous.  I'm not even sure what he was trying.  He had a similar, though not quite as bad, one last week.

I fail to see what he offers.

I'm not usually one to crictise a player before he's even had a start but I seriously don't see what he brings it just feels like naysmith signing a mate,He's certainly not the type of player we needed so why was funds not used for what we need:a ball playing centre mid

and I completely disagree if he is ahead of Stirling in the pecking order just because of what he has done in the past 

On 20/09/2017 at 13:37, Mr X said:

Four fans have agreed to take up SLO posts in a committee arrangement

http://www.qosfc.com/news-3711

Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson admits he did homework on summer signings by snooping on their Twitter and Facebook accounts

Can you believe manager checking social media before signing a player , I get you are disgusted, ha