The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

No trust involvement I see, take they're still in the huff about getting knocked back for a place on the board?

I presume all four of them are Trust members. Noticed the Trust issuing a comment on Facebook wishing them luck and highlighting that point.

There's no Travel Club involvement either officially though it may well also be the case the one or all of them are also Travel Club members. Ideally it would have been good if the group involved had also had representation from the New Bazaar and Barflies groups too. Maybe even the Disabled Supporters Association though they have their own separate representative in Eric Slaven as DAO. However, you can't force people to get involved. Hopefully the group who have agreed to do it can make some positive progress. Some of them post on here.

In the huff??

In the 7 months since the AGM the Queens Trust has:

entered shirt draw, bought four queens season tickets, sponsored Danny Carmichael, sponsored 2 queens players towards their coaching badges, produced matchday posters, pay for matchday sign, sponsored local youth tournament, attended all slo meetings, attended supporters summit at Hampden, meet with SFSA, help QOS disabled supporters group with their bucket collection, held monthly meetings open to all Trust members, promoted Queens shirt draw, soccer camps, season tickets and all other things Queens related and we have added a Pinterest account to those regularly updated on Facebook, twitter and Instagram.

Edit:  we also carried out two surveys on the subject of colt teams. One with queens fans and one open to all fans with almost 800 people taking part.

Edited by JTulip

1 minute ago, JTulip said:

In the huff??

In the 7 months since the AGM queens Trust has:

entered shirt draw, bought four queens season tickets, sponsored Danny Carmichael, sponsored 2 queens players towards their coaching badges, produced matchday posters, pay for matchday sign, sponsored local youth tournament, attended slo meetings, attended supporters summit at Hampden, meet with SFSA, help QOS disabled supporters group with their bucket collection, held monthly meetings open to all Trust members, promoted Queens shirt draw, soccer camps, season tickets and all other things Queens related and we have added a Pinterest account to those regularly updated on Facebook, twitter and Instagram.

Well said!

53 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

What kit where the U20s wearing last night? 

2ZH5WVbdk2QrgN9q0OynavKfS-wcL1ikZtyiw6LLWhYbpYsoCGa54-nRvMe3M-RZZdQlBZno7i6HdvDpq7g1D3LB7-ONSbkiEbaPh-4uX_XG2umr6iJa6xsuxBrPSZqlcsxOT03bVhb4P8Kk3CSE7FMW4EwkDALYs_AZupI5eoTN3nfu6m7DneuTOjnKT0E2MLdz9o4zLPbMzluebf_KljmBjGAHeYXNehcVMeEDoRnUruQ9oeAZItxf934prDUYFGTYC0FiyvrhTr0Cq5iBxzETMRIlmTVn0ZabPP4or3g8J7Ohs6AS4cCXl7hcVf7z8FH6_LT0ryMXVL5I1ekNgCmhF2l_Dnrkg9LxJkbExD7R3BY4Nmsn7ukFbH-KinPEvsl17MvwJIvKjPpSWe1c-RsPHaAWj0GPZcJAGDdNf4UEa-7N3_K4FSI9eRLO-ZM-0t5meCsK_8at_0_tIdHWtpXGLahM-QT6UdctL-yeeL_Dzz_eshZbBNFrUuzEwhwPwfyjYO9E4K0yFDtCgz3vuiy-aiv64iFlXvUD-KMMUrU-5-54xCK_QyT2gBLvZRlxbx-UfJ2U3-pTZDmWl4JzCj97gGtqHDFioi0F7VBYoS15TM7Jh3PTpHIIxkEcQ-SH8-pLORrB_FfBqkY6hDWUXLUku6Hu3zZ_4qRR=w301-h637-no

I really like it, reminds me of this beauty.

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/1989-91-queen-of-the-south-home-shirt-l.html

It's exactly the same kit they had last year except with a change of sponsor.  It's just an off the shelf Macron catalogue kit.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's exactly the same kit they had last year except with a change of sponsor.  It's just an off the shelf Macron catalogue kit.

I don't go and watch the 20s (for shame!), so it's the first time I've noticed it.

I think I prefer that to either of our bespoke Macron kits.

On 19/09/2017 at 21:31, Skyline Drifter said:

Only managed to see the first half but we were lucky not to be more than 4-2 down at half time. Could have been twice that. I believe we were still 4-2 down with 15 to go before going goal crazy late on

We are starting to lose games far to easily again.

Alan Martin is a huge worry looks like he has never played before.

We just seem to not have the conviction that we can go on and win a game

Falkirk sacking Houston I see.
You'd imagine a revival of some description might happen there.  I can see us being grateful for the presence of Brechin this season.

I was thinking the same thing myself. Dumbarton yet again doing well and it is not reassuring to rely on two decent sized clubs to stay where they are at the moment. We just seem incapable of building on a decent start- sincerely hope I'm wrong but all the same traits from last year starting to resurface. In my naivety I thought our Manager had decided to really go for wins home and away but today's set up got what it deserved.

Failure to strengthen a very weak midfield remains a mystery.

41 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

44 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Alan Martin was horrendous today. Okay the ball was greasy but he's supposed to be a championship goalkeeper. At least we did not down tools when 2-0 down and when Tapping came on I thought we could draw level. As for Dykes...well there are deals on airfares back to Oz at present. Just ran about like a headless chicken.

36 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I was thinking the same thing myself. Dumbarton yet again doing well and it is not reassuring to rely on two decent sized clubs to stay where they are at the moment. We just seem incapable of building on a decent start- sincerely hope I'm wrong but all the same traits from last year starting to resurface. In my naivety I thought our Manager had decided to really go for wins home and away but today's set up got what it deserved.

Failure to strengthen a very weak midfield remains a mystery.

And the decent start appears to have only come about because we played Brechin and Dumbarton at home, getting Dumbarton before they had a finished squad, and Falkirk away while they were in turmoil. We have taken 1 point from the 4 games against the other teams. That doesn't look like a team that will be anywhere near the promotion play-offs.

Instead of strengthening a weak midfield, Naysmith preferred to sign his pal. And will spend goodness knows how long in a futile attempt to get him fit. While, at the same time, playing what appears to be a fat Callum Antell in goal.