The Queen of the South thread

13 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Where's best to park near Palmerston on Saturday? Can't see any mention of a car park on the website. 

Arena cafe car park next to ground,  opposite side from away fans seating though.  Retail park about 5 mins walk away,  some street parking,  Ice Bowl parking behind East Stand where away fans sit, so parking near the ground isn't a problem depending on how quick you want away. 

AND IT'S ALL FREE

Queens must definitely be the cheapest away day facilities wise in the Championship.  Hopefully our generosity doesn't extend onto the pitch. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Think there is a 3 hour maximum in the retail park, which is ok if you're not making a day of it.

Eta if you zoom in on the satellite image on google maps, you can see where the various car parks are. The Ice Bowl one is smaller than before because there is a temporary swimming pool there, so probably best to get there early if you want to use that one.

Edited by Flash

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Think there is a 3 hour maximum in the retail park, which is ok if you're not making a day of it.

Yeah, this. They will send parking invoices if you overstay. Three hours isn't an awful lot of latitude really though probably ok if you arrive after 2pm and leave right after the match.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, this. They will send parking invoices if you overstay. Three hours isn't an awful lot of latitude really though probably ok if you arrive after 2pm and leave right after the match.

Replied to this in the match thread so won't repeat it here but basically there is plenty of free unrestricted parking in the vicinity. 

16 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Nothing to do with Queens I suppose but I never thought I'd live to see the day when police with machine-guns were outside the ground. 

Cannae be too careful with those Morton fans. Some of them had cartons of Ribena.

Big game next week now. Would take a point if offered. No reason why we cant get a win though although i reckon the caley game will provide a better chance for it. Important we dont implode and go a few games without a win.

2 hours ago, JessieField said:

Nothing to do with Queens I suppose but I never thought I'd live to see the day when police with machine-guns were outside the ground. 

Were the "Young Team"  due to return or was someone spotted with a Lidl shopping bag? 

Are programmes and half-time draw tickets still on sale for supporters using the Portland Drive turnstile?  The usual sales "booth" between the East Stand and terracing hasn't been attended for the last two home games.  Have they moved to another stance?